Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

No Tag For Golladay

tag and trade would have been a better way to go

Last edited:
Just saying, could you imagine if the Packers go after him? That would suck seeing him on the other side of Adams catching passes from Rodgers for the next 4+ years

Valid concern, I don't want to see that either

GB might be the best fit. HOF QB still slinging it. Good offense for WR. Having Adams on the other side of the field means he'd NEVER see a double team.

Golladay in GB would be dangerous.

Baltimore has the cap space as well and they are in need of an outside WR. He'd be a good fit there, too.

What about other free agents for us Allen Robinson and Chris Goodwin? Are they looking for similar money.

What about other free agents for us Allen Robinson and Chris Goodwin? Are they looking for similar money.

Id rather get John Ross cheap, Curtis Samuel at $12M per and draft Chase at #7. Combined with Williams would be a YOUNG and dangerous group. Offense would be solid.

Defense with the rest of the draft.

I'm okay getting someone cheap but I hope we pass a WR at 7. Can just just as much production from a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Id rather get John Ross cheap, Curtis Samuel at $12M per and draft Chase at #7. Combined with Williams would be a YOUNG and dangerous group. Offense would be solid.

Defense with the rest of the draft.

I don?t see is spending big on anyone in free agency unless they were released. Once you make the move to let Golladay walk I think it signifies the importance they will put on comp picks in 2022. We could potentially get a 3rd for Golladay and Okwara. Add in a 4th for Marvin Jones and we be sitting on a few nice comp picks in 2022

GB might be the best fit. HOF QB still slinging it. Good offense for WR. Having Adams on the other side of the field means he'd NEVER see a double team.

Golladay in GB would be dangerous.

Baltimore has the cap space as well and they are in need of an outside WR. He'd be a good fit there, too.

Giants tried trading for him at the deadline and Miami could really use him. Hell even Jacksonville could be looking at adding a new #1 for Trevor Lawrence. He definitely will not lack for suitors.

I don?t see is spending big on anyone in free agency unless they were released.

This is why we didnt resign him. They are hitting the reset button and scrapping the high $ contracts. No reason to have high $ contracts when your not going to be competitive.

That said we could use this saved money to resign Okwara...i think they do. You simply cant keep creating more holes on defense. Not enough draft picks to fill them all.

PS...high probability #7 is a WR. I like Waddle or Chase.

Last edited:
Boooo. If i can tell all the teams not to pick them id honestly rather wait and see if i can get Bateman or Marshall in rd 2. Defense in rds 1 and 3. Wr in 2 and bottom of 3.

Bateman im OK with.....but get your playmaker this year. Next years WR class not nearly as oaded....and besides maybe Olave, not nearly as game changing.

My way of building a team would be to take the best talent I can get in the next 2 drafts and THEN start looking at filling the voids in 2023. At #7....I'm good with Chase, Waddle, Smith, Mac Jones, Wilson or Parsons. I'd be 50/50 on Fields. Not sure I trust his coverage reading skills but he would have time to learn with Goff here.

Bateman im OK with.....but get your playmaker this year. Next years WR class not nearly as oaded....and besides maybe Olave, not nearly as game changing.

My way of building a team would be to take the best talent I can get in the next 2 drafts and THEN start looking at filling the voids in 2023. At #7....I'm good with Chase, Waddle, Smith, Mac Jones, Wilson or Parsons. I'd be 50/50 on Fields. Not sure I trust his coverage reading skills but he would have time to learn with Goff here.

I always saw loaded as you can wait until a later round because the difference between a 1st rounder and 3rd rounder isn't as great as next year will when the WR are lesser value?

I always saw loaded as you can wait until a later round because the difference between a 1st rounder and 3rd rounder isn't as great as next year will when the WR are lesser value?

There is a BIG difference in Chase and Bateman. It's like Tyreke Hill and Allen Robinson. Both good WR......but Hill is a game changer......demands special attention and can dictate how an entire defense plays a situation.

Waddle, Chase and Smith can do that. Bateman isn't doing that. The WR class may be deep, but how many game changers are there? 3. I'd MUCH rather have one of those guys. Bateman and the others are available every draft.

There is a BIG difference in Chase and Bateman. It's like Tyreke Hill and Allen Robinson. Both good WR......but Hill is a game changer......demands special attention and can dictate how an entire defense plays a situation.

Waddle, Chase and Smith can do that. Bateman isn't doing that. The WR class may be deep, but how many game changers are there? 3. I'd MUCH rather have one of those guys. Bateman and the others are available every draft.

No ones changing the game with Goff throwing them the ball.

No ones changing the game with Goff throwing them the ball.

Goff has two 100 qb rating seasons. Got to give him protection and multiple weapons and run game though. Rams didnt have a game changer but had real good run game those 2 seasons

Back