Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

no wonder Mitt won't release his tax returns

Wow, there's the accounts in the Cayman Islands, the Swiss Bank account that was closed in 2010 because it might prove "embarrassing" in a campaign. He has a $100 Million fund set up for his sons that is off shore and not taxable too. You know he released these because he thought they weren't that bad, what's in the previous years when his companies were getting hundreds of millions in government subsidies and corporate welfare?

I'm sure Mitt Romney is a very talented and capable executive who had to excel in college to get the jobs he did, it didn't hurt that his dad was filthy rich and had all the right connections, but this isn't about that, this is about the system that is set up to make a man like Mitt Romney not just ridiculously wealthy, but wealthy to the point of being a King while paying less in taxes than the average secretary, policeman, nurse, or truck driver. The Democrats already were building their 2012 campaigns around the unfairness of the current system, they could not have dreamed of a better poster boy for that than Mitt Romney.

johnny2x2x said:
Wow, there's the accounts in the Cayman Islands, the Swiss Bank account that was closed in 2010 because it might prove "embarrassing" in a campaign. He has a $100 Million fund set up for his sons that is off shore and not taxable too. You know he released these because he thought they weren't that bad, what's in the previous years when his companies were getting hundreds of millions in government subsidies and corporate welfare?

I'm sure Mitt Romney is a very talented and capable executive who had to excel in college to get the jobs he did, it didn't hurt that his dad was filthy rich and had all the right connections, but this isn't about that, this is about the system that is set up to make a man like Mitt Romney not just ridiculously wealthy, but wealthy to the point of being a King while paying less in taxes than the average secretary, policeman, nurse, or truck driver. The Democrats already were building their 2012 campaigns around the unfairness of the current system, they could not have dreamed of a better poster boy for that than Mitt Romney.

Newt might be their poster boy when it's all said and done.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/fivethirtyeight/primaries/florida

Romney has dropped hard since last week (was in the mid 40%).

This new tax info is the best thing that could've happened to Newt.

mhughes0021 said:
KAWDUP said:
It's only become a joke to you and others that think like you. That is not even close to a majority. You will have to find me someone who does not have an agenda or axe to grind with the GOP to call it a "big joke" or that they "sound so dumb" before anyone would start agreeing with it. It is the same on the other side when Conservatives say the same things about Obama. None of it is true, just more rhetoric. Laugh away, but it doesn't represent jack shit - only your own ignorance.

cause saying "999" after a question on foreign policy is brilliant lol.

What the hell does this even mean (I know it referes to Caine)? This is an ignorant comment. All I need is one word to prove my point. Biden.

Laugh all you want. You added nothing.

KAWDUP said:
mhughes0021 said:
cause saying "999" after a question on foreign policy is brilliant lol.

What the hell does this even mean (I know it referes to Caine)? This is an ignorant comment. All I need is one word to prove my point. Biden.

Laugh all you want. You added nothing.
i wasnt loling cause i was joking....it actually really happened in one of the earlier debated. They asked him a foreign policy question and he started going on and on about 999.

. . . I maintain, that you will find it very difficult in political debating that any candidate sticks to topic if something else is on their mind.

I didn't really think it was indicative of anything, but I won't say it wasn't off topic. Doesn't prove he was stupid or not deserving of a spot on the dais.

KAWDUP said:
. . . I maintain, that you will find it very difficult in political debating that any candidate sticks to topic if something else is on their mind.

I didn't really think it was indicative of anything, but I won't say it wasn't off topic. Doesn't prove he was stupid or not deserving of a spot on the dais.

I feel theres a big difference between deflection and simply not being very knowledgable. For instance whenever a question in regards to salary is proposed to mitt he deflects and starts talking about how everyone should make money and how the current president doesnt create new jobs for people to make money. Its deflection....i get it.

It was painfully different with a couple of the earlier debaters.

OK, but I see a reasonably big difference between not being knowledgeable, which on foreign policy Herman Caine was definitely not knowledgeable, and being a complete baffoon or clown.

I am sure if the party's were on the other foot [tic], similar distinctions would probably be made going the other way.

My original point was the other side is always a clown, and I was just pointing that out that completely unbiased folks might not say the same things.

If that is our only disagreement, we have made progress. :*)

see also: Sarah Palin @ the VP debate in '08 refusing to answer any question that her handlers hadn't already written an answer for on her queue cards.

Referring to these events as "debates" at all is misleading in the first place. They're prepared statements and one liners.

TheVictors03 said:
Referring to these events as "debates" at all is misleading in the first place. They're prepared statements and one liners.

I know. I was just trying to meet the true believers halfway

"First of all, my investments weren't made by me - for the last 10 years my investments have been in a blind trust."

Pretty solid argument that Romney should be president because of his business and ecnonomic savvy.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]"First of all, my investments weren't made by me - for the last 10 years my investments have been in a blind trust."

Pretty solid argument that Romney should be president because of his business and ecnonomic savvy.

Loaning money to a company in order to gain a ton of interest cant really be compared to getting paid to lobby for one imo.

Santorum f'd both of them up after that tift by telling them to stfu lol.

TheVictors03 said:

In the last 16 years, how many presidential "debates" for either party have been anything different?

You don't have to watch them if they dont' rise up to your standard of a debate you know.

KAWDUP said:
TheVictors03 said:

In the last 16 years, how many presidential "debates" for either party have been anything different?

You don't have to watch them if they dont' rise up to your standard of a debate you know.

I do not watch them. The last Presidential debate that was anything like a debate at all was when John Kerry torched Dubya in their first meeting. It was awkward watching Bush get so smacked around.

Of course he won the election, but that was a debate where Kerry actually employed very good debate tactics.

Everything involving Sarah Palin was purely for entertainment purposes the last time around.

I honestly would watch a Gingrich v Obama debate, should it come to that.

Otherwise I don't watch them and for the reason I stated. I have been flipping around from time to time and have seen moments or have heard soundbites at times, but I have spent no time trying to watch them, nor feel they're of any value to begin with.

Back