Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Noot Flipping and Flopping

KAWDUP said:
mhughes0021 said:
when everything you say is refuted by factual evidence....it usually makes you wrong. You even tried to discredit the factual quotes by saying it was over an entire political career....which i admit would make sense....but you failed to realize that the quotes were mere months apart in some cases. Which make Newt simply...a flippity flopper...and makes you wrong.

Having some of them be a few months apart does not make me wrong. Have you ever taken a logic course? Does not sound like it to me.

Do you have the entire context of all the quotes or are you quoting some left wing news organization?

If you haven't noticed, I don't believe I ever stated that Newt was not a flip-flopper. I believe my main point was, and still is, that every politician in a campaign is a flip-flopper and being one isn't really all that newsworthy when determining someone's electability.

i agree...campaigns bring out flippidy floppiness all the time. My problem with newt is hes done that his entire political career to the point where i dont believe a word he says....ever. Throw in the controversy with basically anything hes touched (bounced checks, wife, freddy/fannie) and the dude is just a scum bag imo.

mhughes0021 said:
KAWDUP said:
Having some of them be a few months apart does not make me wrong. Have you ever taken a logic course? Does not sound like it to me.

Do you have the entire context of all the quotes or are you quoting some left wing news organization?

If you haven't noticed, I don't believe I ever stated that Newt was not a flip-flopper. I believe my main point was, and still is, that every politician in a campaign is a flip-flopper and being one isn't really all that newsworthy when determining someone's electability.

i agree...campaigns bring out flippidy floppiness all the time. My problem with newt is hes done that his entire political career to the point where i dont believe a word he says....ever. Throw in the controversy with basically anything hes touched (bounced checks, wife, freddy/fannie) and the dude is just a scum bag imo.

I am not even sure I disagree that he is somewhat of a scumbag, not for his political faux pas, but more for his personal indiscretions. Politically, I believe he is a very good speaker, and has presented some very logical arguments for much of what he says (keep in mind I said much). You would be surprised how much the American voter actually forgives if you can make a great speech.

I agree with SLICK, the real fun doesn't start until this summer. Let's see where everyone is polling then.

Back