Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not That it Matters At All?.

tinselwolverine

But when Michigan is ranked in the preseason polls. somebody on this board usually makes a thread about it - I think it was usually MichLady, maybe sometimes someone else?who knows?

So for what it?s worth or not worth, Michigan goes into week 1B (there is no week zero - zero is not a quantity) ranked #2.

So here we are.

And here go.

And Go Blue.

Go Blue!

Whooooooooooooooo!

#2 in both polls. UGa is #1.

speaking of UGa, this story landed with a dull thud during the offseason. I suppose it's not news that a successful football program would have players committing sexual assaults and all sorts of traffic programs and burying them, but the newsworthy part of the story is that Kirby Smart's predecessor, Mark Richt, who UGa fired for failing to win the SEC did NOT bury this stuff and kicked players who raped and assaulted women off the team.

Yet, if you were to read the sporting press over the last couple months, the only noteworthy rulebreaker in college football is Jim Harbaugh...

In my humble opinion, the rankings are what they are; though I do think LSU is a couple spots too high, as is Tennessee. And Oklahoma and Texas A&M are not Top 25 teams.

Looks like the schedule sets up pretty well for you. You don't play a ranked team (as of now) until November 11, don't play Iowa or Wisconsin - not that either of them is that good but as of now they're expected to be the two best teams in the B1G West.

#2 in both polls. UGa is #1.

speaking of UGa, this story landed with a dull thud during the offseason. I suppose it's not news that a successful football program would have players committing sexual assaults and all sorts of traffic programs and burying them, but the newsworthy part of the story is that Kirby Smart's predecessor, Mark Richt, who UGa fired for failing to win the SEC did NOT bury this stuff and kicked players who raped and assaulted women off the team.

Yet, if you were to read the sporting press over the last couple months, the only noteworthy rulebreaker in college football is Jim Harbaugh...

And Coach Harbaugh is accused of what? Not "cooperating" with the investigation of contacts with recruits during a period when he wasn't supposed to. Something is very wrong with the NCAA rules people.

Looks like the schedule sets up pretty well for you. You don't play a ranked team (as of now) until November 11, don't play Iowa or Wisconsin - not that either of them is that good but as of now they're expected to be the two best teams in the B1G West.

Nobody looks at it that way in Ann Arbor.

And Coach Harbaugh is accused of what? Not "cooperating" with the investigation of contacts with recruits during a period when he wasn't supposed to. Something is very wrong with the NCAA rules people.
Do something to change the rules but in this case rules are not to be broken..

Michigan's CFB 2023 schedule is farcical. 2024, however, is what I'd like to see every year.

Michigan's CFB 2023 schedule is farcical. 2024, however, is what I'd like to see every year.
It sucks, but it's not like we decided to duck real opponents; we had a home-and-away scheduled with UCLA that got cancelled a few years back, and I imagine the frequent conference realignments have wrought havoc with ADs' attempts to schedule teams.

Regardless, those talking the most shit about it keep losing to us, so...

really? nobody in the whole town thinks about strength of schedule? That probably why some people seem to think it makes sense that uofm is ranked ahead of Alabama.

You must not have watched any football last year.

You must not have watched any football last year.

zing! What did I miss last year that would make uofm's schedule this year not matter? Do you think uofm would beat Alabama this year or last year?

Last edited:
It sucks, but it's not like we decided to duck real opponents; we had a home-and-away scheduled with UCLA that got cancelled a few years back, and I imagine the frequent conference realignments have wrought havoc with ADs' attempts to schedule teams.

To be fair, Michigan canceled that series to get an extra home game. I don't expect to see the Texas games played either but that's got more to do with the new conference schedule than anything.

really? nobody in the whole town thinks about strength of schedule? That probably why some people seem to think it makes sense that uofm is ranked ahead of Alabama.

Who knows?

Thus the title ?not that it matters at all.?

Honestly, my optimism is a little curbed by the disappointing end to the last season.

When a team throws two pick sixes and has two turnovers after getting to first and goal?that?s a hard hole to climb out of.

Who knows?

Thus the title ?not that it matters at all.?

Honestly, my optimism is a little curbed by the disappointing end to the last season.

When a team throws two pick sixes and has two turnovers after getting to first and goal?that?s a hard hole to climb out of.

Yeah, that second pick 6 to go down 3 scores late in the 3rd was a killer - but they did recover a fumble deep in TCU territory a little while later to get within a score.

Nobody knows for sure. All I'm saying is this year, the schedule sets up pretty well for a nice run. Of the top 4 teams in rankings uofm definitely has the most favorable schedule.

What does it matter. To much preseason hype. Just like the lions. I will believe it when I see it. Lions are greatly improved and the Wolverines have a lot coming back. We are all backing that we have the returning qb and backfield and other top teams don?t.
Even if they do in fact make the playoff again they will screw up bowl preparation and not be prepared for the game. Sadly it?s the Michigan bowl game way. The two pick 6?s were high school throws. JJ should know better by now. I?m hopeful but worried.

Last edited:

Who is talking shit about it? And who is talking shit about it that keeps losing to uofm? Not Georgia or TCU...

Harbaugh is .500 against MSU 1-2 against Tucker, 2-5 against OSU. He is 5-3 against Penn State - is that who is talking shit about uofm's schedule?

You must not have watched much college football the last 5 or 6 years.

Last edited:
Who is talking shit about it? And who is talking shit about it that keeps losing to uofm? Not Georgia or TCU...

Harbaugh is .500 against MSU 1-2 against Tucker, 2-5 against OSU. He is 5-3 against Penn State - is that who is talking shit about uofm's schedule?

You must not have watched much college football the last 5 or 6 years.

dang. I'm owned. of the dumbass fans I've seen talking shit about our weak scheduling (in '21 and '22) we've only repeatedly beaten OSU. We only beat MSU once, last year.

You got me!

dang. I'm owned. of the dumbass fans I've seen talking shit about our weak scheduling (in '21 and '22) we've only repeatedly beaten OSU. We only beat MSU once, last year.

You got me!

This is cute. First, I haven't seen anyone "talking shit" about your schedule. Second, are you saying 1 and 2 game win streaks constitute "teams that keep losing" to you? You must watch a lot of college football.

This is cute. First, I haven't seen anyone "talking shit" about your schedule. Second, are you saying 1 and 2 game win streaks constitute "teams that keep losing" to you? You must watch a lot of college football.

well, if you haven't seen anyone talk shit, then I guess no spartans or buckeyes have in other places. I guess I should say that I also read other websites, and you're not the only spartan I interact with. But maybe that doesn't matter. Tell me what the rules are.

And yeah, we only played a weak OOC schedule the last two seasons, but whatever... I'll give you this one. Congratulations: By making an extremely literal and precise reading of my off-hand shit talking post, you proved me wrong, and win the internet.

Back