Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Not That it Matters At All?.

really? nobody in the whole town thinks about strength of schedule? That probably why some people seem to think it makes sense that uofm is ranked ahead of Alabama.

No you silly little twat.

Nobody in A2 is slagging the program before the season for having a schedule created 4-5yrs ago. Season ticket holders are pissed because the games all suck and we don?t even get to kick the shit out of little sister in our tunnel.

I?m sure there are folks at Fleetwood this very second, worried about what all you tough sparties think about the MICHIGAN SOS.

Playing state drags it down, as does playing Rutgers but you play the hand you?re dealt.

That - is probably what they say in Bama, y?all.

Nobody in A2 is slagging the program before the season for having a schedule created 4-5yrs ago. Season ticket holders are pissed because the games all suck and we don?t even get to kick the shit out of little sister in our tunnel.

I?m sure there are folks at Fleetwood this very second, worried about what all you tough sparties think about the MICHIGAN SOS.

Playing state drags it down, as does playing Rutgers but you play the hand you?re dealt.

I dont know if playing state hurts your resume as much as losing to them 2 of the last 3 years.

I dont know if playing state hurts your resume as much as losing to them 2 of the last 3 years.

well, we were talking about this season, and losing a meaningless game in 2020 and a close one in 2021 doesn't affect our resume this year AT ALL, but you expect that to be representative of the trend going forward then?

what kind of odds would you take to bet state this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
CFB Schedules are such moving targets these days, we don't even know what the conference structures will be in five years. So why not schedule OOC opponents that amount to Widener University, Ferris State, and Northern Arizona?

Or, if the B1G does expand to 20 teams, there will be no need for OOC opponents. Let a computer config teams' scheds based on previous-year record and weigh them accordingly.

This may affect rivalries, et.al., but ... so what?

Last edited:
I've always considered the last game as the only one that matters, and here I thought that Spartan fans thought the same.

you mentioned "moving targets" in your previous post, and I've found such to be the case with what MSU fans claim matters in any given year. Perhaps the inability to think objectively explains much more about them than we realize.

Right now the last 15 games is the important metric to look at, but NOT any further than that, and certainly not "All Time," and also bowl wins. If your team didn't have a good last 15 years, and hasn't had success in bowl games, they are "frauds."

What ?resume? are you referring to little lady? Nothing from the past matters ? that?s a basic Sparty talking point. Coming up to Lansing to humble you cocky fucks this fall and those autumns going forward is all that matters.

What you?re failing to acknowledge is that Spartans are the ones who care. What you mean to say is, ?hey we may suck, but at least our ?resume? includes beating MICHIGAN?.?

so you have that - 2/3 ?then 2/4 ?. 2/5 ?.mean reversion, you know?!

Last edited:
Is Michigan?s out of conference schedule really that much easier than anybody else?s? Not so much than Georgia or Alabama.

Actually Ohio State travels to South Bend this year, and the Irish take on both the Buckeyes and Southern Cal.

Who knows?

Maybe this will be the year the Spartans will vanquish the Buckeyes again and make it to the CFP.

Who knows?

Lovers know, that?s who.

Time for a song from a musical theater geek.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ0sLk5E-ic&pp=ygUVc2FuZHMgb2YgdGltZSBraXNtZXQg

So recognizing a simple fact is ?slagging the program? and even the geniuses that run the program don?t think at all about the schedule. Got it.

As far as the rest of the country is concerned, the folks in Tuscaloosa and the rest of the SEC in particular are BEGGING to draw uofm in the playoff. They?re probably happier about your SOS than Harbaugh. Well, actually more than Harbaugh because according to your great football mind, Jim isn?t even considering it.

Silly little twat?

Last edited:
you mentioned "moving targets" in your previous post, and I've found such to be the case with what MSU fans claim matters in any given year. Perhaps the inability to think objectively explains much more about them than we realize.

Right now the last 15 games is the important metric to look at, but NOT any further than that, and certainly not "All Time," and also bowl wins. If your team didn't have a good last 15 years, and hasn't had success in bowl games, they are "frauds."

So you?ve never talked about SOS when doing so was in your favor in the past? What was that bit about moving targets Mr Consistency?

What about considering your SOS isn?t thinking objectively? Is it the case that any line of thinking that doesn?t justify your ranking, put you in the playoff come January and the likely National Champion is evidence of an inability to think objectively? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited:
What ?resume? are you referring to little lady? Nothing from the past matters ? that?s a basic Sparty talking point. Coming up to Lansing to humble you cocky fucks this fall and those autumns going forward is all that matters.

What you?re failing to acknowledge is that Spartans are the ones who care. What you mean to say is, ?hey we may suck, but at least our ?resume? includes beating MICHIGAN?.?

so you have that - 2/3 ?then 2/4 ?. 2/5 ?.mean reversion, you know?!

I have to say these tough guy insults are perhaps as amusing as your arguments are dumb. You realize there are pictures of you on this site, right? A silly little dough boy with a stupid hipster chin beard playing tough guy on the internet is good comedy. Classic stuff.

Last edited:
Back