Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama has the lowest approval ever

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
tycobb420 said:
At this point in his presidency, Obama has the lowest approval rating of all time.

He is at 43%. I went to Gallup interactive and looked at all the others (goes back to Truman) and Obama is the most unpopular president at the Thanksgiving/early December mark in the year b4 the election.

Truman: 54% (1947)
Ike: 78% (1955)
JFK: 58% (1963)
LBJ: 70% (Nov. 20-25, 1963), 46% (Dec, 1967)
RN: 50% (1971)
Ford: 46% (1975)
Carter: 51% (1979)
Reagan: 53% (1983)
Bush 41: 52% (1991)
Clinton: 53% (1995)
Bush 43: 55% (2003)
Obama: 43% (2011)

I actually just re-looked at the OP, on this thread that doesn't end
(yes it goes on and on, my friend;
some people started posting here, not knowing what it was,
and they'll contine posting here forever just because

This is the thread that doesn't end,
yes it goes on and on my friend...)

What's the link to this table?

According to its description...

Something is VERY wrong with this picture...

Who can raise their hand, and tell me what it is?

raisinghand.jpg

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Is it Carter?

OK here's a hint:

It says that the approval rating for President Kennedy was at 58% during the period between Thanksgiving, and early December, 1963.

What's wrong with that picture?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]OK here's a hint:

It says that the approval rating for President Kennedy was at 58% during the period between Thanksgiving, and early December, 1963.

That thought actually crossed my mind, but I was thinkin' November instead of Thanksgiving.

well he was dead 6 days before...but the poll was probably taken a week before his death.

SLICK said:
well he was dead 6 days before...but the poll was probably taken a week before his death.

I don't know when the poll was taken, but it's implicitly stated that the poll was taken during the period between Thanksgiving and early December.

But Slick has the right answer.

And look, he even had his hand raised!

Red and Guilty said:
[quote="TinselWolverine":dda97bfv]OK here's a hint:

That thought actually crossed my mind, but I was thinkin' November instead of Thanksgiving.[/quote:dda97bfv]

Well, yes, it was November...it was November 28th.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Red and Guilty":6t18bp59]

That thought actually crossed my mind, but I was thinkin' November instead of Thanksgiving.

Well, yes, it was November...it was November 28th.[/quote:6t18bp59]

I had to google it. I knew it was Nov.

On the subject of Hydrogen Fuel Cells powering cars, cost and efficiency are reasons we have not seen it advance further, but their is a safety issue also.

The storage cells (battery if you like) are large and heavy, and can get quite hot, also the Hydrogen fuel is extremely flammable, so the issue aside from cost and efficiency, is what happens when a in a 60 MPH head on crash, right now it's the Hindenburg.

They use it to power busses in several countries because the sheer size allows them to contain and protect the tank, cell, and conversion engine, and Toyota converted some large SUV platforms, but I think it's going to be some time before standard passenger cars could safely house the components.

. . . well I was gonna say give me a HUMMMV or an M1 tank and I will win every time in any colllision with any other road vehicle, even a "monster truck" . . . but that time has passed. So I guess I won't add that to the conversation after all. ;*)

Hyundai plans on selling 2,000 hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles in the U.S. in 2014, with a lot of other manufacturers to follow. No way of knowing if they will "catch fire", but passenger cars are already safely housing the components.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Hyundai plans on selling 2,000 hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles in the U.S. in 2014, with a lot of other manufacturers to follow. No way of knowing if they will "catch fire", but passenger cars are already safely housing the components.

Isn't there also some problem with hydrogen FC cars and cold weather?

cheeno said:

Not in Norway, where there is something called the "Hydrogen Highway."

cheeno said:

Not in Norway, where there is something called the "Hydrogen Highway."

Temperatures below freezing are a concern with fuel cells operations. Operational fuel cells have an internal vaporous water environment that could solidify if the fuel cell and contents are not kept above 0

Back