Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official 2019 Draft

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rrested-for-dwi-unlawfully-carrying-a-weapon/

All the Ed Oliver lovers out there. Looks like a Fairley DWI to me. Hock correct choice confirmed

jury is still out on Oliver. It might just be a one time mistake and he could become a an all pro...or he could be a bust. We still don't know what TJ will become. Heck, even Devon Bush might have been the right pick. He seems to be really good for the Steelers.

These things take time.

Devin Bush graded worse than Tavai btw

So lions won that lb matchup

Devin Bush graded worse than Tavai btw

So lions won that lb matchup

By what metric? Devin Bush made every all-rookie team by every publication that exists.

BushvsTavai.jpg

Bush graded average like tavai so did devin white. White way worse than tavai per PFF

Dont know why everyone all over bushs jock..those metrics show similar players btw sggatecl

Give me Hock/Tavai combo any day over Bush/Irv Smith

Devin is also way too small for this system we run

Last edited:
Bush graded average like tavai so did devin white. White way worse than tavai per PFF

Dont know why everyone all over bushs jock..those metrics show similar players btw sggatecl

Tavaii didnt play?! who cares what his grade was....he wasnt on the field like 70% of the time. And that wasnt due to injury...that was the coach deciding he wasnt one of the 11 best players to be on the field on one of the worst defenses in the league.

Tavaii didnt play?! who cares what his grade was....he wasnt on the field like 70% of the time. And that wasnt due to injury...that was the coach deciding he wasnt one of the 11 best players to be on the field on one of the worst defenses in the league.

Tavia played 50% of the Lions snaps and missed like 1.5 games due to injury. Try again or at least pay attention to who is on the field Hughes

597 with games missed to injury to 889. Tavai played plenty per game

Last edited:

I disagree and so does every sports writer in America. You don't have to be 'all over bush's jock' to realize he had the superior season.

What kind of Olympic level mental gymnastics is that? Irv Smith? Why are you using the 50th overall pick in the draft to try and justify Tavai? Taking a TE in the 1st OR 2nd round that year was a mistake. A luxury pick they couldn't afford.

I'll put Devin Bush/Greedy Williams up against your combo if we're playing fantasy draft selections.

I'm not buying that. Devin Bush has the skill set to find a way to contribute, I don't care what the scheme is. Speed kills.

Last edited:
Tavia played 50% of the Lions snaps and missed like 1.5 games due to injury. Try again or at least pay attention to who is on the field Hughes

597 with games missed to injury to 889. Tavai played plenty per game

Compare that with 82% for Bush. Healthier, more productive...Devin Bush had the better season.

For the record, I think Tavai could end up being a guy that goes higher when people start doing those 'redrafts'. I don't not like Tavai. But he has a ways to go to justify being drafted where he was. Same goes with Hock. Hock didn't even have the best season of TEs draft from Iowa. Fant was arguably as impactful, or more so, and he was taken 13 picks later.

Last edited:
Bush is 511 234 pounds. He is basically a midget at lb

Givee okudah over greedy. We take greedy we arent taking okudah

Yet had a more productive, healthier rookie season than Tavai.

So now you're using 2020 draft hindsight to justify 2019 picks. I see you're in top form early.

Last edited:

then they could have taken Derrick Brown and Yetur Gross-Matos in the first and second this year.

Those two would have been just what the team needed.

Okudah/Swift, Hock/Tavai is the optimal combo. Best CB (Greedy sucks BTW), best TE (Hock has Gronk potential) and a LB just as good as Bush with better size

Bush did not outperform Tavai, especially when looking at grades. And Bush is clearly too small for the Lions scheme. We'll see how they do in year 2. So far Tavai>Bush plus we get Hock in this deal. Win win for the Lions.

You guys are on the hype train for Bush, you should be on the hype train for Hock. He has way more potential than Bush as a player.

Also Collins>>>>>>Bush too. So glad we didn't just take Bush and be done with it. We got two good guys in Collins/Tavai. And now Davis can blitz more which is what he does best

Bush did not outperform Tavai, especially when looking at grades. And Bush is clearly too small for the Lions scheme.

what exactly is the Lion's scheme? Is it the scheme that can't stop the run, can't get to the QB and can't cover anybody? I don't think you have to be a certain type of player to qualify for that.

Back