Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official 2019 Draft

thehippo73

Happy Draft Day!!!

No spoilers during the draft please.

My preference is Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams. If they aren't there, trade down for Clelin Ferrell or Greedy Williams.

Last edited:
The annual "Lions's Super Bowl"

In most mock drafts I have seen, Allen and Williams are both gone by pick 8. Most have them both going top 5. Of course, those mock drafts are almost always wrong!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...019-nfl-mock-draft-30-texans-move-into-top-10

This would be a good trade

PROJECTED TRADE WITH LIONS: Houston trades up for an offensive tackle to watch Deshaun Watson's blind side, trading picks Nos. 23, 55 and 86. There are three offensive linemen viewed as elite guys in this draft. They'll go early. And teams will trade up to get them.

PROJECTED TRADE WITH TEXANS: The Lions move back 15 spots and still add one of the top corners in the NFL draft. Head coach Matt Patricia continues to build his defense with smart, hungry players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...019-nfl-mock-draft-30-texans-move-into-top-10

This would be a good trade

PROJECTED TRADE WITH LIONS: Houston trades up for an offensive tackle to watch Deshaun Watson's blind side, trading picks Nos. 23, 55 and 86. There are three offensive linemen viewed as elite guys in this draft. They'll go early. And teams will trade up to get them.

PROJECTED TRADE WITH TEXANS: The Lions move back 15 spots and still add one of the top corners in the NFL draft. Head coach Matt Patricia continues to build his defense with smart, hungry players.

Yes please.

I hope Wiggins, Aboushi, or Dahl can step up and man the rg spot. Another offensive lineman in round 1 would drive me nuts. Defense please

I love the draft, one of my favorite events of the year. And I have "personal" favorites I hope we pick... we rarely do, and when we do, I regret asking for it....

But I never go in hoping for any one position or player in a given round. The draft is too unpredictable.

A few years ago Vontaze Burfict was projected as a top 5 pick, and went undrafted. The one thing I've learned is the way the mock draft "gurus" see a player has no bearing in any way on how the scouts see them, and the scouts are usually in agreement on a guy.

Look at how many times you see a team "reach" for a player, and then find out seven or eight other teams were looking at the same player right in that same range, and some of them looking to move up to take him.

But the next day, the draftnicks will be saying how it was an overreach, it was a desperation pick... if those guys knew anything at all about evaluating talent and figuring out where a guy really belongs in the draft, they would be scouts, not bloggers.

Whatever moves Quinn makes tonight and over the next two days, I'm on board until they prove him wrong. And some of them will.

Too many mocks I've read have the Lions takings Hockenson or Fant.

I like rds 2 and 3 this year....alot. Unless you get handed a gem in rd 1 then trade down and collect some picks.

pssst...the gem thing could happen with Josh Allen. Reports are the jets arent high on him and the raiders will go DT over him per waltermock. Their newest mock has us getting Allen.

Last edited:
I like rds 2 and 3 this year....alot. Unless you get handed a gem in rd 1 then trade down and collect some picks.

pssst...the gem thing could happen with Josh Allen. Reports are the jets arent high on him and the raiders will go DT over him per waltermock. Their newest mock has us getting Allen.

Allen is about the only player I'd stay at 8 for. Trade back if he's not there. If no good trade presents itself, maybe take Jonah Williams? Not sure, but I think the Lions like some players a lot that could be had around 20 (Greedy Williams, Burns, or Fant), heck if the Lions are OK with his health, Montez Sweat might be there around 20 now.

I have several dream scenarios:

1.) Trade down, still manage to get one of the top 2 CBs or Devin Bush plus a 2nd rounder or more.
2.) Ed Oliver. Snacks + Oliver would make Suh/Fairley look like amateur hour.
3.) Josh Allen, because of QB craziness, falls to #8. The most far fetched I have aside from trading up to get Kyler Murray.
4.) Trade our 2nd for Patrick Peterson.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they were holding this outdoors. Seems ballsy, no?

Back