Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Day 3 Draft Thread

Anyone with a brain knows that a store employee giving you free shit is still stealing. And that's a weak ass story too.

He put it all at risk for frozen crab legs man, after plenty of controversy already. No brains in that decision at all. I knock him for it big time.

Actually, I'm shocked Harbaugh didn't smack the shit out of him for even trying a crap story like that. Jim is getting soft in his old age.

I got a ton of free drinks in college and I was no one special....barter system happens in college towns every day all day. Yes, hes supposed to be held to a higher standard.....hence the fuck your pussy shout which was actually a funny spoof on a dumb reporter but people fail to look into it and just relate it to him being a rapist.

The bottom line is the kid put himself into a lot of bad situations because he is so high profile. Yes it makes him immature....but I don't knock him for little things like accepting some crab legs from a hook up.

Then again....im also a guy that doesn't knock people for smoking some pot. I would have had no problem taking Shane Ray at #23. Randy Gregory is a bit of a different story cause he has more issues than just the pot thing.....he has some other off the field stuff and a weight problem.

I don't like Winston or his character because hes a lose cannon that you could tell Jimbo Fisher had to work hard at controlling at all times. Not because of some crab legs....

Hes not a leader id want and mariota would have been my choice at #1 for them.

Ps....what a dick move to have crab legs in your picture right when youre drafted. Just goes along with the immaturity part.

I bet he's a good young player for us who develops into a top run blocker and a passable receiver.

Just think we could have gotten him without using a pick. I am on board with the player, not on board with a pick.

This is Nate Freese part two to me.

Here's the problem, though. If you really like a guy and think he's an end of the draft or UDFA type player, you're not guaranteed to be able to sign him. I'm sure they saw something in him that they liked and didn't want to have to outbid another team for his services. I would have liked to see them wait until round 6, but hey...if this is their guy, i can't blame them. They might not like what else is on the board. We don't know. Oh well. I'm not going to complain too much.

I got a ton of free drinks in college and I was no one special....barter system happens in college towns every day all day. Yes, hes supposed to be held to a higher standard.....hence the fuck your pussy shout which was actually a funny spoof on a dumb reporter but people fail to look into it and just relate it to him being a rapist.

The bottom line is the kid put himself into a lot of bad situations because he is so high profile. Yes it makes him immature....but I don't knock him for little things like accepting some crab legs from a hook up.

Then again....im also a guy that doesn't knock people for smoking some pot. I would have had no problem taking Shane Ray at #23. Randy Gregory is a bit of a different story cause he has more issues than just the pot thing.....he has some other off the field stuff and a weight problem.

I don't like Winston or his character because hes a lose cannon that you could tell Jimbo Fisher had to work hard at controlling at all times. Not because of some crab legs....

Hes not a leader id want and mariota would have been my choice at #1 for them.

Ps....what a dick move to have crab legs in your picture right when youre drafted. Just goes along with the immaturity part.

I have only.. ONLY.. one problem with an NFL player smoking pot. Bear in mind, I smoked a lot early in life, and believe it should be legal in all 50 states, and if it is, I'll probably smoke weed again.

My problem is that weed is a performance DECREASING drug. No one wants to work hard on weed. You don't want to leave the couch. It's too much work to pick up the bag of Doritos when you have the munchies.

I don't want to really draft a kid that might blaze before a game.

Of course, if any of these kids were smoking up before the game, it's unlikely they would have been top picks, so all in all, I have no problem with it either.

Here's the problem, though. If you really like a guy and think he's an end of the draft or UDFA type player, you're not guaranteed to be able to sign him. I'm sure they saw something in him that they liked and didn't want to have to outbid another team for his services. I would have liked to see them wait until round 6, but hey...if this is their guy, i can't blame them. They might not like what else is on the board. We don't know. Oh well. I'm not going to complain too much.

I agree. And if I wasn't so disappointed in the pick, I'd be making the exact same arguments.

I see a few potential impact players still on the board, and I want those guys, not some fullback I've never heard of.

But you're right. Screw projections and buck trends, you get guys in the draft you want and you're comfortable with. If this was their guy, they did right to get him.

For curious minds...

our next picks are #200 and #240 (6th and 7th)

Mayhew, please do something to land us one of those few remaining players that can make a difference for us.

I know both Bennett and Ifo are small. But they can play. Don't look at their height or weight.. look at their game film.

Well, the Pats just picks before us took a Long Snapper... so I'm over being disappointed with the Burton pick.

And Carolina one pick later took a guy I've never heard of, and no one else has either.

I agree. And if I wasn't so disappointed in the pick, I'd be making the exact same arguments.

I see a few potential impact players still on the board, and I want those guys, not some fullback I've never heard of.

But you're right. Screw projections and buck trends, you get guys in the draft you want and you're comfortable with. If this was their guy, they did right to get him.

I always feel this way in the later part of the rounds. I remember a bunch of safeties sitting there a couple years in rds 5 6 and 7 while we were staring at don carey as our starter. Late rounds are weird.....it seems we never grab the guy that dropped and seemingly could plug into one of our holes. We always take the guy we need to develop that's off the roster in 1-2 years. I don't get it....

Mayhew, please do something to land us one of those few remaining players that can make a difference for us.

I know both Bennett and Ifo are small. But they can play. Don't look at their height or weight.. look at their game film.

How about trading our next 6th and next year's 5th that we got from Denver up to get Ifo? Then, nobody can complain.

How about trading our next 6th and next year's 5th that we got from Denver up to get Ifo? Then, nobody can complain.

I don't especially want to give up a future pick at this point, but I don't see any kids still there in the 7th who will do anything for us, so maybe we can package our 6th and 7th to move up and get a kid like Ifo, and then work some database magic after the draft.

Perfect end of draft scenario...

Take Ifo with the next pick. 7th round pick...take the Collins kid from LSU. Fuck him and his threat to not sign his contract. His stock will be even worse next year if he does that.

I always feel this way in the later part of the rounds. I remember a bunch of safeties sitting there a couple years in rds 5 6 and 7 while we were staring at don carey as our starter. Late rounds are weird.....it seems we never grab the guy that dropped and seemingly could plug into one of our holes. We always take the guy we need to develop that's off the roster in 1-2 years. I don't get it....

The only answer I can give you man, is 32 teams have passed on the kid multiple times. It's not just us not drafting these guys, it's everyone not drafting these guys.

There's a reason, even if we don't see it.

Back