Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Michigan vs. UConn Score Prediction Thread

Michchamp

This week's opponent is UConn, and this is the SCORE PREDICTION THREAD, but first, shoutout to our winners of the first two weeks: Week 1 rumseyhouse77, came closest to the margin of 44 with his call of 49, and Week 2 YOURS TRULY, with my call of 49 on a 46 pt margin.

Maybe we could do a leaderboard this year? It'll probably end in a 12 way tie of 1 win each, but still.

Okay, this week we play UConn (at home... Ward wouldn't make the same mistake Bill Martin or Dave Brandon did), at NOON (Eastern) on ABC. Yay.

The current spread is UM -47 with an o/u of 60.5.

UConn (currently an independent in FBS football) is 1-2, coming off an 11 pt road loss at Utah St, a win against the Central Connecticut Blue Devils (huh?), and an curb-stomping loss at Syracuse.

Sagarin ranks them 149th, in between our other non-conference opponents, CSU (134th) and Hawaii (162nd).

SOOOO, go ahead and make your picks if you want, along with a little bit of COMPLETELY POINTLESS ANALYSIS if you so choose, but as usual... leave the WOOFING AND THE BARKING for other threads, you creeps.

This really wasn?t your best effort.

Maybe you?re a little rusty from your week off.

Also, as I recall I think McGeezer included ?and back and forth? in the post limitation catchphrase.

?Save the woofing and barking and back and forth for the other threads.?

Since there?s been so many clips of the US national anthem on the various boards here, my patriotic prediction is:

M 50

UConn 0

Like fifty nifty United States, get it?

I read MGeezer's prohibition on "woofing and barking" broadly, and so it also precludes woofing and barking about the quality of the writer's drafting

I would like to have been able to have responded to this, but unfortunately I am limited to only one post on this thread.

PS. Thanks for finally recognizing my big week 1 win!

You also won week two.

I mean, it was a nine way tie, but you were one of the winners.

Like fifty nifty United States, get it

So you're saying my score predictions have been perfect so far this year? I have a great football mind! Genius I tell ya! All the rest were just lucky!!

Well, it?s what I would have been saying, were I to have been allowed to make another post on this thread, which, I?m not.

Last edited:
I read MGeezer's prohibition on "woofing and barking" broadly, and so it also precludes woofing and barking about the quality of the writer's drafting

Thank you for posting this thread. Another clown stomping of a cupcake by the boys in Maize and Blue. JJ leads the offense for the first couple of series and then the QB carousel starts. I hope the oline blocks for Cade in this game now that the decision to make JJ the starter has been made. Michigan is up 49-0 at the half. Final Score Michigan 59 UConn 6.

PS. Thanks for finally recognizing my big week 1 win!

Last edited:
I would take the Wolverines in this one, across perhaps every sport but certainly in Men?s Tackle Football and Women?s Basketball

Last edited:

Also, as I recall I think McGeezer included ?and back and forth? in the post limitation catchphrase.

Since there?s been so many clips of the US national anthem on the various boards here, my patriotic prediction is:

M 50

UConn 0

I would like to have been able to have responded to this, but unfortunately I am limited to only one post on this thread.

You also won week two.

Like fifty nifty United States, get it

So you're saying my score predictions have been perfect so far this year? I have a great football mind! Genius I tell ya! All the rest were just lucky!!

Michigan - 52
UConn - 3

931c793443fbc4e5f6a1e47188214712--go-blue-blue-and.jpg

M 50

UConn 0

Like fifty nifty United States, get it?

You also won week two.

Well, it?s what I would have been saying, were I to have been allowed to make another post on this thread, which, I?m not.

Biblical? I would say it sounds at least as much judicial as it sounds biblical.

Who's makin the rules around here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back