Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Posters Eat Crow Thread

Wellll? sure but ? which win was more shocking? I believe that it was on 11-22-1969. OSU was a 17-point favorite and was being touted as the best team in college football history.

Gus Johnson said something most..humble, old school broadcasters wouldn?t have said when hyping the Buckeye offense at the outset on Saturday. Then again, he?s a bit prone to hyperbole isn?t he?

Wellll? sure but ? which win was more shocking? I believe that it was on 11-22-1969. OSU was a 17-point favorite and was being touted as the best team in college football history.

Pretty much you and I remember that game.

Maybe MichLady; maybe one or two other.

For everyone else, it?s like how Notre Dame fans remember the ?win one for the Gipper? game.

I think the game in 69 was more shocking, especially with the young Bo Schembechler coaching. But the 2021 win will be considered among the great wins of the program. And I expect that in the distant future they will be arguing about which was a better team, which was the better win. Especially if Michigan goes on to win the NC this year, and/or this starts another 10 year war with Ohio.

Pretty much you and I remember that game.

Maybe MichLady; maybe one or two other.

For everyone else, it?s like how Notre Dame fans remember the ?win one for the Gipper? game.

Thanks T. I?m 60 I remember those early games :/

Poor kicker misses those field goals still hurts me.

Gosh! I had no idea how old you guys are. It explains alot regarding the confusion that sometimes occurs on this board. I need to start hanging around with younger people.

Thanks T. I?m 60 I remember those early games :/

Poor kicker misses those field goals still hurts me.

Mike Lantry. The ?74 kick was good v. OSU. Bo was getting letters from OSU fans at the game seated behind the goal posts in the closed end saying as much.

The misses in ?73 were heartbreaking. But Lantry was a Vietnam Vet, married, and a father.

This is a great use of an hour?s time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S95Q4LIei_M

Gosh! I had no idea how old you guys are. It explains alot regarding the confusion that sometimes occurs on this board. I need to start hanging around with younger people.

I don't think I'm the youngest who posts here, but probably within a few years of being the youngest... and my 20 year Michigan reunion is next year.

we really have no idea what the kids these days are doing.

I don't think I'm the youngest who posts here, but probably within a few years of being the youngest... and my 20 year Michigan reunion is next year.

we really have no idea what the kids these days are doing.

Am I the youngest at 39?

Am I the youngest at 39?

I think you're probably close. I don't think anyone who still posts here is younger than 35.

Maybe the youngest was MaizeandBlue09 /gay4Kovacs? he doesn't post much anymore. I think he was still in undergrad during the RichRod days or sometime then. No I remember there was that other poster, a DeLaSalle kid who was still at Michigan when Shane Morris was. I think he'd probably be the youngest, but he doesn't post anymore either

Eventually there will be like one poster left for each section of this forum, and he'll win every debate and argument by default. Just shouting into the void.

Eh? What was that you said??? Bloody volume on this is too low. Now, where did I put my hearing aid. And where's that damn remote! Ah, there it is... here let me turn it up a bit... if I can just find that volume button... dagnabit... oh, I know! Allegra! Turn up the volume!!! I said Omega turn up the volume!!! Damn thing ain't workin' again.

Back