Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT Game: Your all-time NBA team on $15 budget

PG: Isaiah $3
SG: West $3
SF: Dr. J $3
PF: Duncan $3
C: Wilt $3

Last edited:
PG: Isaiah Thomas ($3)
SG: Michael Jordan ($5)
SF: Kevin Durant ($2)
PF: Tim Duncan ($3)
C: Shaquille O'Neal ($2)

Isaiah and Jordan combine top notch D with explosive offense on the perimeter, Durant provides spacing with his ultra-smooth jumper, Duncan is Mr. Fundamental at everything, providing whatever you need from him night after night, and Shaq owns the paint, and every other center on that list IMO.

BTW: Barkley over Duncan on that list is ridiculous, same with Wilt and Russel over Shaq... nobody can guard Shaq in the paint, and Shaq can hold his own against the "quicker" guys... he proved it over and over again.

Last edited:
PG: Isaiah Thomas ($3)
SG: Michael Jordan ($5)
SF: Kevin Durant ($2)
PF: Tim Duncan ($3)
C: Shaquille O'Neal ($2)

Isaiah and Jordan combine top notch D with explosive offense on the perimeter, Durant provides spacing with his ultra-smooth jumper, Duncan is Mr. Fundamental at everything, providing whatever you need from him night after night, and Shaq owns the paint, and every other center on that list IMO.

BTW: Barkley over Duncan on that list is ridiculous, same with Wilt and Russel over Shaq... nobody can guard Shaq in the paint, and Shaq can hold his own against the "quicker" guys... he proved it over and over again.

You make it sound like Wilt can be guarded..lol.

PG "Clyde" Frazier $1
SG Michael $5
SF LeBron $5
PF Duncan $3
C Hakeem $1

Frazier would distribute, defend and hit the open J.
Micheal would light it up in the second half
Lebron would light it up in the first half
Duncan would be quietly awesome for four quarters
Hakeem would guard Wilt and Shaq and go for thirty every now and then

Last edited:
PG - Robertson
SG - Drexler
SF - Durant
PF - Duncan
C - Russell

15 even - Both forwards extremely versatile, PG/C can guard anyone, chose Drexler over Wade because his size would be needed to guard the bigger SG.

C-Russell....$4.......... (winner)
F-Hakeem...$1.........(best bargain on the board)
F-James......$5........... (can play guard or forward)
g-Durant.....$2.............(see James)
g-Thomas....$3...........(I have to take a Piston)

Fun exercise .. No list you make is bad...LOL

Last edited:
Stockton $2 I just need someone that can pass the ball
Jordan $5 The best scorer on the board
Durant $2 Another great scorer
Garnett $1 What a bargain for a dollar
Russell $4 We only have one ball, so he doesn't need to score. Defense

$1 to spare.

What are you talking about man, John Crotty would cost like $16. Teal years.

Magic Johnson $5
Michael Jordan $5
Scottie Pippen $1
Tim Duncan $3
Hakeem Olajuwon $1

Used all the money. Good luck scoring against this team. While Jordan would shut down all four of the other SGs, he'd also get his 40 per game against them, too. Pippen might struggle with Durant's length and Lebron's weight, but if this is Pippen in his prime, they wouldn't go off against him. He'd keep their numbers modest (for their standards). The Dream and Duncan do all the little things. They'll play D, they'll post up, they'll get tip-ins, they'll do enough to cancel out the more expensive players they'll go up against. Magic is magic. Plain and simple. He's going to get his points, dish out assists, and make big time plays when needed.

Even if your team sniff's my team's ass in the 4th quarter, the clutch gene in Jordan and Magic will take over.

I'm curious how Scotty Pippen is even on that list..waste of a buck.

Though personally I'd go:

Isaiah
Joe D.
Laimbeer
Mahorn
Rodman

And call it a day. Left over money for 007 and John Sally. Even throw in an Aquirre.

Last edited:
I'm curious how Scotty Pippen is even on that list..waste of a buck.

What are you talking about? In his prime, pippen was one of the best defenders in the game (All Defensive 1st team 8 times). He also averaged around 20-21 ppg, with 7 rebs, 6 assists, 2-3 steals, and a block.

I'll grant you that age and injuries caught up to him quickly, but that doesn't diminish what he did in his prime over about 10 seasons. There aren't many SFs that have played this game that have his resume. I'd say a buck is a steal, especially if you partner him with Jordan.

What are you talking about? In his prime, pippen was one of the best defenders in the game (All Defensive 1st team 8 times). He also averaged around 20-21 ppg, with 7 rebs, 6 assists, 2-3 steals, and a block.

I'll grant you that age and injuries caught up to him quickly, but that doesn't diminish what he did in his prime over about 10 seasons. There aren't many SFs that have played this game that have his resume. I'd say a buck is a steal, especially if you partner him with Jordan.

he was a good all around player but probably one of the most over rated players in NBA history. He just rode MJ's coat tails. Pippen played 17 seasons. He only averaged over 20 points a season 4 times. He only averaged more than 7 rebounds 5 times. He only averaged over 6 assists 3 times.

he was a good all around player but probably one of the most over rated players in NBA history. He just rode MJ's coat tails. Pippen played 17 seasons. He only averaged over 20 points a season 4 times. He only averaged more than 7 rebounds 5 times. He only averaged over 6 assists 3 times.

You're clearly not a bulls' fan. MJ was a huge majority of the offense and most teams tried to take away Pippen, knowing Jordan was going to score no matter what they did. Despite your claim about pip riding jordan's coat tail, pip's best years were when he retired the first time.

As great as MJ was, without Pippen, he might have been lucky to win one or two. Jordan might have pushed him to be better, but when he was off the court, scottie was still great. If he were playing today, he'd be the second best SF in the game to only Lebron.

How many SFs are out there that can score, rebound, pass the rock, and play 1st team level defense? And of those, how many would be as productive with a player like MJ on his team? I'm not saying scottie was the best, but he absolutely belongs with those others.

Wilt - C- $3
Duncan - PF - $3
Bird - SF- $4
Clyde - SG - $2
Isiah - PG - $3

Back