Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT Go Blue over MSU campus today

if someone wrote "go green" in ann arbor I could only imagine the responses

Are you kidding? With all the freakin' tree huggers in Ann Arbor...?

I was just there, and all over the place was "go green this shit," and "go green that shit..."

Tree huggers generally don't give a shit about football, or the Maize and Blue...

All they give a shit about is going Green.

If anybody sky wrote "Go Green" in the air over the U of M Campus, everybody would just figure it was just another hypocritical tree hugger emitting unnecessary pollutants just to make a point, like Arriana Huffington, or Al Gore...

Just like the skywriter who sky wrote "Go Blue" over the MSU campus was obviously appealing for a torrential rainfall....

Last edited:
if someone wrote "go green" in ann arbor I could only imagine the responses

they would most likely spell it incorrectly, and everyone who looked up would say "Go Geen? What the heck does that mean?"

Are you kidding? With all the freakin' tree huggers in Ann Arbor...?

I was just there, and all over the place was "go green this shit," and "go green that shit..."

Tree huggers generally don't give a shit about football, or the Maize and Blue...

All they give a shit about is going Green.

If anybody sky wrote "Go Green" in the air over the U of M Campus, everybody would just figure it was just another hypocritical tree hugger emitting unnecessary pollutants just to make a point, like Arriana Huffington, or Al Gore...

Just like the skywriter who sky wrote "Go Blue" over the MSU campus was obviously appealing for a torrential rainfall....

then clearly, football fans must be vastly outnumbered by the tree huggers in aa. it's all starting to make sense - 107k people in that crap hole are so quiet because most of them think they're attending some sort of midwest edition of burning man. And the reason it's such a horrible place to watch a game is because it was designed by tree huggers that don't give a crap about football. thanks - this has been one of the most enlightening posts from a michigan fan yet.

then clearly, football fans must be vastly outnumbered by the tree huggers in aa. it's all starting to make sense - 107k people in that crap hole are so quiet because most of them think they're attending some sort of midwest edition of burning man. And the reason it's such a horrible place to watch a game is because it was designed by tree huggers that don't give a crap about football. thanks - this has been one of the most enlightening posts from a michigan fan yet.

Well, like they say about opinions - everybody has one.

I think it's a great place to watch a game.

They designed that stadium long before there were tree huggers - Henry Ford had barely come up with the assembly line by that time.

I haven't been to Burning Man myself; but I know a number of people who have; sounds like it might be cool.

Although I'm not sure I'd ever drive that far just to shit in a hole I had to dig myself.

Well, like they say about opinions - everybody has one.

I think it's a great place to watch a game.

They designed that stadium long before there were tree huggers - Henry Ford had barely come up with the assembly line by that time.

I haven't been to Burning Man myself; but I know a number of people who have; sounds like it might be cool.

Although I'm not sure I'd ever drive that far just to shit in a hole I had to dig myself.

To each his own - but as an objective observer (mich is my 2nd favorite team), I think it sucks. Seating is too flat so sightlines suck, aisles are too narrow and with only one level of exits it takes forever to get in and out of. If capacity is all you care about, the place is #1, but we've all heard that stat once or twice before.

Never been to burning man but from what i'm told there are more tree huggers than michigan fans - like, as you pointed out, ann arbor.

I have been to a handfull of games @ UM and @ MSU. I prefer MSU. UM has no personality. The only thing it has going for it is it can hold over 107K people.

To each his own - but as an objective observer (mich is my 2nd favorite team), I think it sucks. Seating is too flat so sightlines suck, aisles are too narrow and with only one level of exits it takes forever to get in and out of. If capacity is all you care about, the place is #1, but we've all heard that stat once or twice before.

Never been to burning man but from what i'm told there are more tree huggers than michigan fans - like, as you pointed out, ann arbor.

I've never been to MSU Stadium, so I wouldn't know how it compares to Michigan Stadium as far as watching a football game.

Besides Michigan Stadium, the only other stadiums I can recall watching a football game at are the Rose Bowl, the LA Coliseum, and the Horseshoe in Columbus.

The Rose Bowl and the Coliseum didn't seem all that different from Michigan Stadium, as far as watching a game goes.

I was on the sidelines at the Shoe, as a guest of THEE Ohio State University, so that's a little different from watching a game from the stands.

I've never been to MSU Stadium, so I wouldn't know how it compares to Michigan Stadium as far as watching a football game.

Besides Michigan Stadium, the only other stadiums I can recall watching a football game at are the Rose Bowl, the LA Coliseum, and the Horseshoe in Columbus.

The Rose Bowl and the Coliseum didn't seem all that different from Michigan Stadium, as far as watching a game goes.

I was on the sidelines at the Shoe, as a guest of THEE Ohio State University, so that's a little different from watching a game from the stands.

It's called Spartan Stadium and it's pretty good - you should go one year. Haven't been to the coliseum and I've only been to the Rose Bowl once (for Michigan/USC). The atmosphere was cool but for watching a game I thought it sucked too. I've been to several other college stadiums (MSU, ND, PSU, NW, Ill, Neb, Cal, Wash, Rutgers, Richmond (wife's homecoming) etc) and a bunch of pro stadiums. Spartan, Mich and ND are the only college stadiums I've been to more than once - probably been to Michigan Stadium 12+ times. Illinois is my least favorite then Michigan.

Last edited:
Haven't been to the coliseum and I've only been to the Rose Bowl once (for Michigan/USC). The atmosphere was cool but for watching a game I thought it sucked too. I've been to several other college stadiums (MSU, ND, PSU, NW, Ill, Neb, Cal, Wash, Rutgers, Richmond (wife's homecoming) etc) and a bunch of pro stadiums. Illinois is my least favorite then Michigan.

Oh, that's right, I've been to Notre Dame Stadium too...but not for a football game; just went inside on sort of a tour.

It was winter and there was snow and stuff...so I don't know really what watching a game there would have been like....

Thanks for your report on every stadium you've been to. I'm sure everyone really cares

Thanks for your report on every stadium you've been to. I'm sure everyone really cares

Well, you're very welcome.

And thank you for always coming on the Michigan board and letting everybody know whenever Dhani Jones says something about MSU and lawnmowing, and various things of that nature.

Well, you're very welcome.

And thank you for always coming on the Michigan board and letting everybody know whenever Dhani Jones says something about MSU and lawnmowing, and various things of that nature.

I care and it's germane to the discussion (ours anyway). Clearly, you're speaking from limited experience (not an insult, just a fact) which could explain why you think it's great - may not be just your pro-uofm bias.

Does Dhani ever say anything about crabgrass? I've tried everything and my crabgrass is actually worse this year.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple games at Spartan Stadium. it was okay. I prefer Michigan Stadium, but that's because of who I am. I don't really have anything bad to say about Spartan Stadium.

Also been to Ryan Field in Evanston, Notre Dame, and Memorial Field in Champaign. of those, Memorial Field was the worst... there are some poor sightlines in places, and the stadium itself is an eyesore. the seats on one end are basically a stack of bleachers.

Ryan Field in Evanston was small, but the views were generally okay. Notre Dame stadium is basically a smaller version of the Big House.

I've never heard the complaint that the sightlines are bad in Michigan Stadium before. I've actually heard the contrary, that there isn't really a bad seat in the house to view the action. obviously not every seat is up close and personal, and from one end zone, it's tough to see action in the far end zone, but that goes for any place.

the crowded seats in Michigan Stadium was a valid complaint, but it seems to have been improved in the stadium renovation/expansion completed in 2010. it's not as bad anymore.

I care and it's germane to the discussion (ours anyway). Clearly, you're speaking from limited experience (not an insult, just a fact) which could explain why you think it's great - may not be just your pro-uofm bias.

Does Dhani ever say anything about crabgrass? I've tried everything and my crabgrass is actually worse this year.

I doubt Dhani has ever said anything about crabgrass because sbee has never posted anything about it on the Michigan board.

If being a fan of a sports team = having a bias, then I guess I have a pro U of M bias.

Also a bias in favor of the Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons (as much as I can care about the NBA) and Lions (which has ben a hard thing for all of us).

it's way off topic, but whatever, this thread can be about stadium experiences now

Both games my son has been to in the big ten the home team has scored more the 50 points...Last Saturday's MSU, and a Michigan verse Minnesota a few years back..

There's no thread on the M board about it.

I didn't know about it.

But I don't care about State.

Back