Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT Go Blue over MSU campus today

I've seen a couple games at Spartan Stadium. it was okay. I prefer Michigan Stadium, but that's because of who I am. I don't really have anything bad to say about Spartan Stadium.

I've never heard the complaint that the sightlines are bad in Michigan Stadium before. I've actually heard the contrary, that there isn't really a bad seat in the house to view the action. obviously not every seat is up close and personal, and from one end zone, it's tough to see action in the far end zone, but that goes for any place.

the crowded seats in Michigan Stadium was a valid complaint, but it seems to have been improved in the stadium renovation/expansion completed in 2010. it's not as bad anymore.

The slope of the seats is very flat so you're low and far away. In better designed stadiums, the seating rises more steeply so you're higher up and closer to the field. The seats, the aisles and the exits are all horrible - no disputing that. Many Michigan fans I know have said the same things. It is mamoth and 107k+ seats sold out every week is a great recruiting tool but for fans, there are definitely better places to watch a game.

Back