Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 2

FSU looking pretty good. This new coach they have has no problem playing a bunch of highly recruited freshman.

GTech lays another egg with good field position. FG Blocked again!!

FSU D looks real good

Last edited:
Sources: The Big Ten presentation by the Return to Competition Task Force has ended successfully today. The full 14 Big Ten Chancellors and Presidents will meet tomorrow are expected to vote on return to play in next 72 hours. Today is the step before the step.

— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) September 12, 2020

Source tells @TheAthleticCFB that the Big Ten's Return to Competition Task Force's presentation is over. It went well, so league pushes forward with the process. All 14 Big Ten Chancellors and Presidents (COP/C) will meet tomorrow and could vote on return to play then.

— Nicole Auerbach �� (@NicoleAuerbach) September 12, 2020

I got off work, got dinner, went home, ate, and then I look at the scoreboard...........16-13 Gtech beats FSU. Don't know how it happened, but I didn't think GTech would ever score and they end up pulling it out.

ND on the move

I don't know how fans will give it to the players in an open air stadium, unless they're spitting on them.

A soccer match in an outdoor stadium in Milan, Italy (San Siro) on Feb. 19th was documented as being ground zero for the huge outbreak in Italy earlier this year. Link.

It's safer being outdoors, but you have to consider the nature of the event & the duration of it: 3-4 hours of drunk fans screaming and yelling will spread infectious levels of the virus around, and result in thousands of new cases. the type of people that would go to a football game during a pandemic are not going to be the type of people that are going to carefully wear masks and follow the rules.

It's not about simply infecting players, as I see it. Although certainly the risk of players getting it increases in this kind of environment, unless they AND the coaching staffs and their families are all staying in a bubble, and that's just not likely. But beyond players getting sick, if a college football game with fans resulted in 1,000s of new COVID-19 cases, they're going to stop playing football. It's just absolutely disastrous PR and a liability issue for all concerned. It's so irresponsible as to be almost unbelievable to me that this could even be considered.

A soccer match in an outdoor stadium in Milan, Italy (San Siro) on Feb. 19th was documented as being ground zero for the huge outbreak in Italy earlier this year. Link.

It's safer being outdoors, but you have to consider the nature of the event & the duration of it: 3-4 hours of drunk fans screaming and yelling will spread infectious levels of the virus around, and result in thousands of new cases. the type of people that would go to a football game during a pandemic are not going to be the type of people that are going to carefully wear masks and follow the rules.

It's not about simply infecting players, as I see it. Although certainly the risk of players getting it increases in this kind of environment, unless they AND the coaching staffs and their families are all staying in a bubble, and that's just not likely. But beyond players getting sick, if a college football game with fans resulted in 1,000s of new COVID-19 cases, they're going to stop playing football. It's just absolutely disastrous PR and a liability issue for all concerned. It's so irresponsible as to be almost unbelievable to me that this could even be considered.

Like I posted in #28 and #30, I’m with you on this for sure.

NBA, NHL “bubbles” have been successful, and after a few early miscues, MLB “bubble together as a team” seems to be working.

I don’t see the point in bringing in the additional wild card of fans in the stands.

Last edited:

Ground Zero was probably a little before that. Tens of thousands of Chinese work in the textile industry around Milan. Constant travel between there and China brought it directly there. I don't doubt that heavy numbers of fans won't spread it, but we are not talking heavy numbers, here. 10000 fans in 100,000 seat stadiums with everyone wearing masks wont do much. And as far as people being careful, they are being asked to leave if they don't follow the protocols. I didnt see any fans without a mask yesterday.

Ground Zero was probably a little before that. Tens of thousands of Chinese work in the textile industry around Milan. Constant travel between there and China brought it directly there. I don't doubt that heavy numbers of fans won't spread it, but we are not talking heavy numbers, here. 10000 fans in 100,000 seat stadiums with everyone wearing masks wont do much. And as far as people being careful, they are being asked to leave if they don't follow the protocols. I didnt see any fans without a mask yesterday.

I still say it?s not worth the risk.

Stay home and watch it on TV this season.

The development of remedies has moved forward substantially since the outbreak.

By next season the malady will likely be vastly less dangerous.

So I guess I?m finding the middle ground here.

Which is not atypical.

I still say it?s not worth the risk.

Stay home and watch it on TV this season.

The development of remedies has moved forward substantially since the outbreak.

By next season the malady will likely be vastly less dangerous.

So I guess I?m finding the middle ground here.

Which is not atypical.

And I totally respect your opinion. I really could care less whether fans are there or not. I want to see a game and I don't need fans for that.

What a bunch of gutless wonders the powers that be in the B1G are.

They don?t have the guts to go forward with the season, but when they see the other leagues going forward they get scared they will be left behind and don?t have the guts to stand behind their convictions..

Ultimately, the October 17 start gives them the option to pull the plug again if shit falls apart with the other conferences.

Today I?m wishing my team was not in the conference with such pathetic leader ship at its head.

If they decide to play and start in October I will watch. I also support them just shutting it down for the entire year. I want to watch Big 10 football, but not in the spring

Last edited:
No wonder Texas Tech played so badly.., practically their whole team has coronavirus (link)

No wonder Texas Tech played so badly.., practically their whole team has coronavirus (link)

"Since Texas Tech University began testing football players for COVID-19 in June, 75 members of the team have tested positive for the virus..."

"Of those who have tested positive, 69 have recovered and six have active cases. Five football staff members have tested positive as well, and they all have recovered."

"As of Monday, Texas Tech football had 123 players listed on its active roster."

Last edited:
Back