Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 4

I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, so I went over to read the posts on the RCMB.

That was enjoyable. Especially them getting trolled by a random CU Buffs fan, who called Mel Tucker "Midnight Mel" presumably because he slunk out of town at midnight (and hopefully not because he's black).

Now that's funny shit!!

Now that's funny shit!!

most MSU fans seemed to be bewildered and angry, surmising they wouldn't win 6 games now, but a surprising number of them still picked their team to beat us, using the "logic" that "Tuck owns Harbaugh."

small sample sizes, and the fact that 2020 was a totally screwed-up season be damned... 2-0 counts as a law of physics. They weren't like one 4th down conversion away from a loss in 2021...

only a handful were like "I want whatever you're smoking right now"

I guess, to a smaller extent, I've seen some Michigan fans with the same sort of overconfidence toward OSU based on our win last year.

You gotta forget about the past... Hutchinson and Ojabo are playing on Sundays now, and no one is stepping up to fill their shoes. without them, OSU might throw for 500 yards on us this year.

It's perplexing to see how people are incapable of being unbiased about sports. MSU fans can't acknowledge that 95% of their yardage and all of their TDs came on their fucker with catching Michigan in the middle of substitutions and when they lined up straight up they had very little success. To their credit, they saw a weakness and exploited it and won. But being incapable of acknowledging that and the fact that they very likely won't be able to do so again is why they can't acknowledge that they're going to lose by 20 to Michigan.

I also think that it's lazy on the part of the national and even big ten reporters to assume that OSU is going to just roll Michigan this year. I'm not saying that Michigan is going to win, but they all base it on the history and talent levels. Those things were all the same last year as they are this year. What they're ignoring is that Day was completely out coached and had no answers. Michigan ran the same play 40 times and ran the ball down their throat all day and they did so with a 1-dimensional QB.

The pass rush is a definite concern but assuming that they're just going to throw all over based on past years fails to account for the fact that once Ryan Day didn't know everything the opposing DC would do he had no answers for how to adjust to what the opponent was doing.

It's perplexing to see how people are incapable of being unbiased about sports. MSU fans can't acknowledge that 95% of their yardage and all of their TDs came on their fucker with catching Michigan in the middle of substitutions and when they lined up straight up they had very little success. To their credit, they saw a weakness and exploited it and won. But being incapable of acknowledging that and the fact that they very likely won't be able to do so again is why they can't acknowledge that they're going to lose by 20 to Michigan.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Thanks for the unbiased take on that game. Go watch the film again and then try to say that with a straight face and claim to be unbiased. Walker ran all over uofm all day and in all situations.

Last edited:
I also think that it's lazy on the part of the national and even big ten reporters to assume that OSU is going to just roll Michigan this year. I'm not saying that Michigan is going to win, but they all base it on the history and talent levels. Those things were all the same last year as they are this year. What they're ignoring is that Day was completely out coached and had no answers. Michigan ran the same play 40 times and ran the ball down their throat all day and they did so with a 1-dimensional QB.

The pass rush is a definite concern but assuming that they're just going to throw all over based on past years fails to account for the fact that once Ryan Day didn't know everything the opposing DC would do he had no answers for how to adjust to what the opponent was doing.

I honestly haven't seen anyone predicting OSU is just going to roll us this year. Maybe some dumb OSU fans. Most learned their lesson though.

I have seen UM fans talk about last year like we dominated them, and claim we're tied for the best team in the conference along with them.

We did shove them around in the trenches, but I mean, I didn't relax in that game until Haskins hurdled their DB with like 1:00 left. They were down 35-27 before that drive and it's a sign of the talent gap that even after kicking the shit out of them all day, they still scored that much and were in it till the end.

So far this year, they've played a tougher schedule and looked good most of the time. We still have more to prove than they do.

If we play well at Iowa, I'll be a lot more optimistic

Last edited by a moderator:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Thanks for the unbiased take on that game. Go watch the film again and then try to say that with a straight face and claim to be unbiased. Walker ran all over uofm all day and in all situations.

You left out the best part: Walker's great game that day is why you're going to be stuck with a horrible coach for 3 more seasons!

You left out the best part: Walker's great game that day is why you're going to be stuck with a horrible coach for 3 more seasons!

It's not yet clear he's a horrible coach but if he is, I think we're stuck with him for more than 3 years. Could be worse though, I mean look what you guys are stuck with...

But what does that have to do with uofm fans hilariously whining about bias then immediately going off on a totally biased and divorced from reality rant about why uofm got thumped in East Lansing last year? What was he saying? "It's perplexing to see how people are incapable of being unbiased about sports" or something like that?

Last edited:
It's not yet clear he's a horrible coach but if he is, I think we're stuck with him for more than 3 years. Could be worse though, I mean look what you guys are stuck with...

A superb, Big Ten Championship winning coach, much loved & coaching at his own alma mater?

A superb, Big Ten Championship winning coach, much loved & coaching at his own alma mater?

funny how uofm fans forget everything from the advent of the forward pass all the way up until last season (and 1997 but even then, they're under the delusion that they even belonged on the same field with Nebraska (who is also not a blue blood)). Harbaugh beats the worst defense osu has put on the field in a decade+ and suddenly they think he's Nick Saban with less personality.

Last edited:
funny how uofm fans forget everything from the advent of the forward pass all the way up until last season (and 1997 but even then, they're under the delusion that they even belonged on the same field with Nebraska (who is also not a blue blood)). Harbaugh beats the worst defense osu has put on the field in a decade+ and suddenly they think he's Nick Saban with less personality.

oh, so now you're telling us how we should feel about our coach, and that he has less personality than Nick Saban?

Are you talking about the Nick Saban who's a football coach at Alabama, or a different Nick Saban who has a big personality?

I watched the game. I don't need to watch the "film" again. Walker had TD runs of 27, 58 and 23 yards that accounted for 108 of his 197 rushing yards. All 3 of those were instances where they caught michigan in a substitution. Outside of those 3 runs he averaged 4.5 ypc. Good, not great.

On top of everything else michigan out gained MSU 552-395. The difference was Michigan was in the red zone 6 times and scored 1 TD. A major reason for their red zone struggles last season was the qb who couldn't run and wouldn't pass anywhere but the short side of the field. JJ has neither of those limitations.

Pound your chest all you want and continue to delude yourself with the idea that "Tuck comin", but your squad won (fair and square mind you) that you cannot hope to build into the game plan again. You don't have walker, your secondary still sucks, your QB is still awful and Michigan actually got better at the qb position. What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to convince yourself that you are somehow the favorite in that game?

Cade McNamara threw for 385 against MSU. Let that sink in. Take away the 97 yard TD and he threw for 282. Cade. McNamara.

Cade McNamara doesn't throw for 282 on Thursday. Your secondary let him throw for 385 on Saturday. At home. Without substitution fuckery.

oh, so now you're telling us how we should feel about our coach, and that he has less personality than Nick Saban?

Are you talking about the Nick Saban who's a football coach at Alabama, or a different Nick Saban who has a big personality?

Maybe Jim should post some cigar selfies on twitstagram to appeal to all the recruits that are turned off by his lack of personality.

I honestly haven't seen anyone predicting OSU is just going to roll us this year. Maybe some dumb OSU fans. Most learned their lesson though.

I have seen UM fans talk about last year like we dominated them, and claim we're tied for the best team in the conference along with them.

We did shove them around in the trenches, but I mean, I didn't relax in that game until Haskins hurdled their DB with like 1:00 left. They were down 35-27 before that drive and it's a sign of the talent gap that even after kicking the shit out of them all day, they still scored that much and were in it till the end.

So far this year, they've played a tougher schedule and looked good most of the time. We still have more to prove than they do.

If we play well at Iowa, I'll be a lot more optimistic

Pretty sure every single Michigan fan was unwilling to have hope until the clock hi 0:00. That has less to do with the game and more to do with the fact that we've seen Michigan jump out to leads and lose them like 7/10 times the past 10 years.

And yes, they were still in the game until the end. But that was with a +1 turnover margin and a dropped INT by Moten that led to at least 3 points for OSU. The difference between 2021 and the years prior was Michigan left a lot of opportunities on the field and still won, whereas those mistakes in the past cost them. The dropped pick-6 2017 is an example that stands out. Instead of 21-0 it's 14-7.

Again, not predicting victory or even saying that OSU shouldn't be favored. Just surprised to see that 20/20 CFP picks have OSU in and UM out and OSU getting no. 1 votes despite the fact that their "quality" win lost to Marshall at home week 2.

Last edited:
Pretty sure every single Michigan fan was unwilling to have hope until the clock hi 0:00. That has less to do with the game and more to do with the fact that we've seen Michigan jump out to leads and lose them like 7/10 times the past 10 years.

And yes, they were still in the game until the end. But that was with a +1 turnover margin and a dropped INT by Moten that led to at least 3 points for OSU. The difference between 2021 and the years prior was Michigan left a lot of opportunities on the field and still won, whereas those mistakes in the past cost them. The dropped pick-6 2017 is an example that stands out. Instead of 21-0 it's 14-7.

Again, not predicting victory or even saying that OSU shouldn't be favored. Just surprised to see that 20/20 CFP picks have OSU in and UM out and OSU getting no. 1 votes despite the fact that their "quality" win lost to Marshall at home week 2.

these are pretty good

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-college-football-predictions/?addata=espn:ncf:index

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/cfbplayoffpredictor/cfb-playoff-predictor

feel how you want about your coach - why should that be the one thing you're not deluded about?

Cade McNamara threw for 385 against MSU. Let that sink in. Take away the 97 yard TD and he threw for 282. Cade. McNamara.

Cade McNamara doesn't throw for 282 on Thursday. Your secondary let him throw for 385 on Saturday. At home. Without substitution fuckery.

Is he the guy that threw to the game ending interception against the worst secondary in the country? Let's go check the video. Yep, that was him.

Keep blaming your own team's incompetence on the opponent - whatever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:
I watched the game. I don't need to watch the "film" again. Walker had TD runs of 27, 58 and 23 yards that accounted for 108 of his 197 rushing yards. All 3 of those were instances where they caught michigan in a substitution. Outside of those 3 runs he averaged 4.5 ypc. Good, not great.

This is simply wrong, you should watch it again. Here's the indisputable video evidence:

- At the 4:15 mark Walker scores from 27 yards out - his first of 4 TDs against a clearly set uofm defense. uofm was NOT substituting and in fact had him bottled up for seemingly no gain until he cut to the outside and blew the doors off your defense.

- at the 6:44 mark Walker does score at TD from 8 yds out on a substiuting uofm defense after the 40 yard pass play (against a set michigan defense). It's the only TD against a sustituting uofm defense, but not one of the 3 your biased and incorrect recall mentioned.

- At the 12:29 mark Walker punches it in from the 1 against a well set and not substituting uofm defense. You didn't mention this one either but I wanted to remind you he had 5 TDs, not 3 in case you forgot that too.

- at the 13:22 mark Walker scores again, this time from 58 yds. Although running tempo, it's against a clearly set and clearly not substituting uofm defense.

- at the 15:27 mark Walker scores again against a set and not substituting uofm defense on a 23 yard run up the middle.

So only 1 of his 5 TDs were against a substituting uofm defense and it's not one of the TDs you mentioned in your obviously false claim. If you want to take those 8 yards away from him, his average on the day was 8.59/carry. It actually goes up a bit - LOLOLOL. He destroyed your defense with an absolutely dominant performance ALL DAY LONG - and it didn't matter whether they were set or looking like a clown show. I don't expect you to admit you're wrong, but you clearly are - perhaps because of that bias you claim afflicts every fan base but not uofm's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guQbfhYLd1Q

Funny you don't mention that Antrell Anthony's first TD came because a Spartan defender fell down or that he got away with pushing off on his second TD. Can we chalk that up to bias?

On top of everything else michigan out gained MSU 552-395. The difference was Michigan was in the red zone 6 times and scored 1 TD. A major reason for their red zone struggles last season was the qb who couldn't run and wouldn't pass anywhere but the short side of the field. JJ has neither of those limitations.

93 of those yards came on 1 play where the MSU defender fell down. The idea that you somehow dominated that game because of total offense differential is moronic. You got outlasted in a slug fest by a tougher team.

Pound your chest all you want and continue to delude yourself with the idea that "Tuck comin", but your squad won (fair and square mind you) that you cannot hope to build into the game plan again. You don't have walker, your secondary still sucks, your QB is still awful and Michigan actually got better at the qb position. What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to convince yourself that you are somehow the favorite in that game?

I'm not pounding my chest about "Tuck Coming" - I'm still on the fence about him and I'm not excited about our prospects this season. But this isn't about this year's game - it's about your bias leading you to misrepresent the facts about last year's game which you clearly are - perhaps that's why you're trying to pivot the argument to passing stats and predictions about this year?

Last edited:
Back