Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 5

Noah Kim just doesn't seem to have the arm strength to be a Big Ten QB. Hard to imagine what Mel Tucker saw in him to decide an open QB competition between Kim and Thorne was a smart move.

I thought ND's win last night was pretty funny. Fuck Duke fan. Tearing their hearts out was gold.

Noah Kim just doesn't seem to have the arm strength to be a Big Ten QB. Hard to imagine what Mel Tucker saw in him to decide an open QB competition between Kim and Thorne was a smart move.

Probably more an indictment on Thorne than an endorsement of Kim. Thorne got what, 2 years of starting? And he was awful. They wouldn't be any better if he was still there.

Kim?s problem is accuracy and decision making - same as Thorne, not arm strength.

Michigan is up to 12 first place votes. The surprising part to me is Florida State getting 4 first place votes coming off a bye after 2 close calls, the team that was their "quality win" losing a second game. I am not surprised to see Texas getting first place votes but I don't know if I buy them just yet. I've watched almost every snap of their games and they make a shit load of mistakes but cover it up with superior talent. Not sure that works in the CFP. Red River is 6 days away and we will see what both UT and OU are about in that one.

Michigan is up to 12 first place votes. The surprising part to me is Florida State getting 4 first place votes coming off a bye after 2 close calls, the team that was their "quality win" losing a second game. I am not surprised to see Texas getting first place votes but I don't know if I buy them just yet. I've watched almost every snap of their games and they make a shit load of mistakes but cover it up with superior talent. Not sure that works in the CFP. Red River is 6 days away and we will see what both UT and OU are about in that one.

It's kinda funny sometimes how out of touch the polls are. Sagarin has FSU 14th, based on their margin of victory and SOS. They have a couple losses in their future. Their one good win, against LSU, looks a lot less impressive now that we know LSU's defense is garbage.

He has UGA 7th; I don't know why people expect them to be THAT good again... losing a QB who had been there for like 10 years is a huge loss to their offense, and they're due for a letdown.

I think @ the end of the season, it'll be Alabama, and maybe 2 out of UM/PSU/OSU, depending on how things go, and then the winner of the PAC12.

I also don't know what to make of Texas, but if they win out, then I think they get in. In that case, only one Big Ten East team makes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most annoying thing that could happen would be UGA and Alabama winning out (both have pretty favorable schedules from here til the end of the season), and Alabama winning the SEC championship & the both going to the playoff with one loss each.

But I think UGA will lose @ Tennessee. And then whoever loses the SEC championship will have 2 losses & be eliminated.

It's a weird year. I think Bama continues to get more credit than they deserve because of their name but they seem to be playing better the past two weeks. Of Georgia plays like they have been the past few weeks against Kentucky this week they're going to lose.

I expect that the winner of OU and Texas will probably win out and have a spot. If someone manages to make it out of the Pac 12 undefeated or with 1 loss that they avenge in the championship game then that would be the 4th team. Ain't no way they don't have one SEC team in there.

It's a weird year. I think Bama continues to get more credit than they deserve because of their name but they seem to be playing better the past two weeks. Of Georgia plays like they have been the past few weeks against Kentucky this week they're going to lose.

I expect that the winner of OU and Texas will probably win out and have a spot. If someone manages to make it out of the Pac 12 undefeated or with 1 loss that they avenge in the championship game then that would be the 4th team. Ain't no way they don't have one SEC team in there.

Bama plays @ TAMU this week. They have some reasonably tough games left. If they win out, they probably deserve it, and will have proven themselves. It seems they're a little like OSU in that this is the first time in a long time they don't have a QB who makes it easy for them.

I think it would be a bad idea to underestimate either of them. If Milroe/McCord start playing better, each team could win out.

Back