Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 8

Well I have an idea, just hear me out ? instead of going to the shoot out format after two 25 yard possessions each team, how about just keep going the short 25 yard field possessions and just require each team to go for the two-point conversion after a TD every time, starting with the third possession?

I am hoping this pisses off PSU and they thump OSU.

The format is absolute garbage. "Record 9 OTs"... merely a record destined to be broken with this format. Won't be surprised if a future game reaches 20 OTs.

They need to bring back the prior format. Maybe allow for tie games after 3 OTs except for in the playoffs.

Cincy did not look good vs Navy.

Hoping for a night of upsets! Bama definitely does not deserve the #4 ranking after losing to Aggies. The team that wins the UM v MSU game deserves the #4 slot IMO.

Currently Vols 14 Bama 7... seriously, Bama does not deserve #4 spot.

The format is absolute garbage. "Record 9 OTs"... merely a record destined to be broken with this format. Won't be surprised if a future game reaches 20 OTs.

They need to bring back the prior format. Maybe allow for tie games after 3 OTs except for in the playoffs.

Or just keep playing under the old format until there?s a winner.

I don?t recall any OT game going back to the beginning of OT being more absurd than this.

?Oh, hurr, hurr, let?s make a change to shorten overtime games, durr, durr??

Egg head paper and pencil pushers should not be making decisions about anything.

Last edited:
Um Hockey bounces back after losing at home to wmu 5-2 last night and wins
3-2 in Kalamazoo in return match against wmu. Michigan needed ot.

Or just keep playing under the old format until there?s a winner.

I don?t recall any OT game going back to the beginning of OT being more absurd than this.

?Oh, hurr, hurr, let?s make a change to shorten overtime games, durr, durr??

Egg head paper and pencil pushers should not be making decisions about anything.

I fully agree with your point, I was just saying if they want to end it sooner then allow ties unless in playoffs

Last edited:
I fully agree with your point, I was just saying if they want to end it soo er then allow ties u less in playoffs

I was replying to you? That?s funny. I didn?t even see who I was replying to.

That said, yes - it seems to me the whole thing before had a reasonable symbiosis enough so that it didn?t have to be screwed with.

I thought I read a blurb on the TV that today was the longest overtime game in history, or maybe the longest game ever in history.

So if the point was to make the overtimes shorter, they fucked it up in one fell swoop.

?Um, like what if nobody scores, or everybody continues to score, and the teams go running back and forth from one end of the field to the other end of the field over and over and over again??

?What are you, a fucking idiot? Are you against progress? You?re FIRED!?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr8UtvvlzM

Last edited:

I hope they pound each other to a pulp.

Back