Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Out Of town Fans?

fedexgooch78 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Why? Because of all the hog farming?

Nope...my family and I get along much, much better when there are states in between us. I'm good with just small doses of family a year. And I prefer the warm over 6 months of snow now.

who gets 6 months of snow? not us...were lucky to have 80 days of snow cover a year

Live in Minneapolis, grew up in Riverview MI, went to WMU for about six years, was there when babin and jennings were there. Never went to the games, I had the best tailgate parties on campus..... right next to Waldo's

tsmith7559 said:
fedexgooch78 said:
Nope...my family and I get along much, much better when there are states in between us. I'm good with just small doses of family a year. And I prefer the warm over 6 months of snow now.

who gets 6 months of snow? not us...were lucky to have 80 days of snow cover a year

i get 3-5....

i've learned i am really sick of the white shit.

I recently moved back to Detroit, but spent several years in Anchorage Alaska. Football season was wild up there. By 9am the bar would be packed with fans of every team. Seattle had a larger proportion of fans but literally every team was represented. You'd find a spot, get some bacon and eggs, later a pitcher or two and let the trash talking begin. Unfortunately for me my time there coincided with the dark ages of Lions football...

I was born and raised in a small town outside of Lapeer. Moved to Ohio in 1996 and now live in the Canton area. The reduced amount of snow makes a huge part of not moving my family back to Michigan.

chow said:
I recently moved back to Detroit, but spent several years in Anchorage Alaska. Football season was wild up there. By 9am the bar would be packed with fans of every team. Seattle had a larger proportion of fans but literally every team was represented. You'd find a spot, get some bacon and eggs, later a pitcher or two and let the trash talking begin. Unfortunately for me my time there coincided with the dark ages of Lions football...

When was the good times? I think we have all been in the dark ages except for a season or two here and there.

tsmith7559 said:

After living in Alaska I have little sympathy for people who complain about snow. We would start getting snow mid-October and it would last to late-April/mid-May. Every year 6+ months of snow, plus the subzero temperatures, plus the darkness. I'm surprised I made it out alive.

Born in Detroit, now I'm about 2 hours east of Tampa. Also lived within earshot of Lambeau Field for 5 years.

And yes...I'm going to the Lions season opener in TB.

sggatecl said:
Born in Detroit, now I'm about 2 hours east of Tampa. Also lived within earshot of Lambeau Field for 5 years.

What years where you there? I bounced at "the bar" on the east side for a couple of years

fedexgooch78 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Why? Because of all the hog farming?

Its more like 4 months of snow and 3 months of crap. But when its nice its beautiful.

:)

Do out of state packers fans count? Lol

From a quiet town in west virginia named moundsville. Been a packers fan since I was like 7.

I swear my brother and I are the only Lions fans in Portland Oregon.

detlions6206 said:
Born and Raised in Iowa, there are about 12 Lions fans then the rest are Bears, Packers, Vikings, or Chief Fans.....its horrible

Count me as 1 of the 12. I live in Iowa City and have a good friend that is a lions fans. made it to my first lions game last year, green bay at home, way different than Hawkeye games.

Born and raised in Brighton, MI. I moved to Bozeman, Montana 10 years ago and have never left. There are a few scattered Lions fans here, but mostly Broncos and Seahawks fans. We definitely get 6 months of snow and love skiing it.

503 said:

Do you wear your Harrington jersey with pride? I bet you do, gimp....gfy.
cool.png

bwilde56 said:
Live in Minneapolis, grew up in Riverview MI, went to WMU for about six years, was there when babin and jennings were there. Never went to the games, I had the best tailgate parties on campus..... right next to Waldo's

I almost died from too many beer bongs at a house right next to waldos during a CMU/WMU tailgate
laugh.png
was fun!

Missoula, MT....hardly ever post but I like to keep up to date with this/the old espn board...not too many "breaking news" stories on the lions out here.

Meditatedkickaboxa said:
sggatecl said:

What years where you there? I bounced at "the bar" on the east side for a couple of years

2006-2011 (Only been here for two months) I liked the Suamico Ale House for games. 50 billion tvs, decent food, and never crowded.

tonyballs said:
503 said:

cool.png

Nah I'm more of a L James/Cliff Harris guy..Just happy I don't have to cross a boarder to watch live games. Especially Big 10 at that.

503 said:
tonyballs said:
cool.png

Nah I'm more of a L James/Cliff Harris guy..Just happy I don't have to cross a boarder to watch live games. Especially Big 10 at that.

ya the 60 seconds I spend at customs is a bitch....lol

you live in Portland gimp...I am 10 minutes away from Ford Field , Joe Louis Arena and Comerica Park.

guaranteed sports wise my situation is better then yours.
cool.png

Back