Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Passing yards this week

That?s why the number one priority this week is to pass for 400+ yards.

Presumably getting the win is at least in the top 3. When you have a second, can you let MC know what channel the game is on - just in case he changes his mind. I?m sure it?s on a channel.

Last edited:
Presumably getting the win is at least in the top 3. When you have a second, can you let MC know what channel the game is on - just in case he changes his mind. I?m sure it?s on a channel.

Yeah I looked it up immediately when I saw your post. Both the start time and the network showed TBD.

I?m pretty sure it will be on some channel though.

They are probably waiting to see if someone at UM will confirm they will be focused on the passing game.

Pass heavy, then ESPN or ABC. Run heavy, B10.

They are probably waiting to see if someone at UM will confirm they will be focused on the passing game.

Pass heavy, then ESPN or ABC. Run heavy, B10.

What if it?s a balanced attack?

Fox broadcast, or FS1?

Well it looks like you guys are going to get your preferred O attack! LOL

Last edited:
Well it looks like you guys are going to get your preferred O attack! LOL

Well, I'd like to see a running game and passing game that work in coordination with each other. Less perimeter screens that rely on WRs winning every block to gain any yards.

Yeah I looked it up immediately when I saw your post. Both the start time and the network showed TBD.

I?m pretty sure it will be on some channel though.

paraphrasing what one of the wiser poster on DSF said almost a week ago "it will definitely be on a channel."

The TBD is probably due to BTN not yet figuring out which game will be on the regular BTN and which games will be on the spillover channels - at which times.

paraphrasing what one of the wiser poster on DSF said almost a week ago "it will definitely be on a channel."

The TBD is probably due to BTN not yet figuring out which game will be on the regular BTN and which games will be on the spillover channels - at which times.

Yeah.

In fact post 37 when you asked what channel the game was on, you had quoted our friend MichChamp talking primarily about the Michigan and Michigan State game, coming up on October 30. So I thought you were talking about the Michigan Michigan State game regarding the channel.

Yes the must see NIU game is on the BTN tomorrow at 9 AM (oh right - noon Eastern).

The October 30 Michigan and Michigan State game doesn?t have a start time or a net work assignment as of yet.

That said, I?m pretty sure it will be on a channel.

Probably a channel that reaches a larger audience than the BTN.

For college fans who just love college football and have no real allegiance to either team or school, the Michigan Michigan State game is a pretty big rivalry game.

Definitely must see TV for fans of college football rivalries.

Yeah.

In fact post 37 when you asked what channel the game was on, you had quoted our friend MichChamp talking primarily about the Michigan and Michigan State game, coming up on October 30. So I thought you were talking about the Michigan Michigan State game regarding the channel.

Yes the must see NIU game is on the BTN tomorrow at 9 AM (oh right - noon Eastern).

The October 30 Michigan and Michigan State game doesn?t have a start time or a net work assignment as of yet.

That said, I?m pretty sure it will be on a channel.

Probably a channel that reaches a larger audience than the BTN.

For college fans who just love college football and have no real allegiance to either team or school, the Michigan Michigan State game is a pretty big rivalry game.

Definitely must see TV for fans of college football rivalries.

That quoted post was actually about this week's game against NIU game with a reference to last year's uofm/MSU game because NIU's current QB is Rocky Lombardi who transferred from MSU where he was the starter in the surprising win at uofm last year.

Assuming both or at least one team doesn't completely blow up and revert to the dumpster fire they were last year, I agree the game will probably be on a more high profile channel than even the primary BTN. Either way, I be watching that one for sure.

Last edited:
The Big Ten (as a whole) has some chances to play for respect this weekend:

MSU @ MiamiFl
#10 PennSt vs. #22 Auburn
Purdue @ #12 ND
#8 Cincy @ IU
Minn @ Col

and a 1 in 1,000,000 chance for Nebraska to upset #3 Oklahoma

I'm going to take a college football break this weekend, but will check the scores!

That quoted post was actually about this week's game against NIU game with a reference to last year's uofm/MSU game because NIU's current QB is Rocky Lombardi who transferred from MSU where he was the starter in the surprising win at uofm last year.

Assuming both or at least one team doesn't completely blow up and revert to the dumpster fire they were last year, I agree the game will probably be on a more high profile channel than even the primary BTN. Either way, I be watching that one for sure.

The various organizations who do that sort of thing ranks M v MSU right about the 20th top college football rivalry.

When I was growing up during the Bo Woody era M was pretty dominant but that?s changed in recent years.

College fans who enjoy rivalry games and have no particular allegiance in this one can tune in counting on the good chance for a crazy exciting ending.

If both teams go into the game being good this year, I wouldn?t be surprised if the Game Day crew shows up ? assuming they can be confident that there will be adequate security.

Last edited:

College fans who enjoy rivalry games and have no particular allegiance in this one can tune in counting on the good chance for a crazy exciting ending.

Maybe famously neutral sports fan Rob Lowe will be there (either wearing a Big Ten hat, or an NCAA one)

hqdefault.jpg

"I don't care who wins, I just enjoy watching the games."

Ugh! So tiring!

"Michigan needs to pass more! gurgle blargh gurgle blarg"

That is all I heard all week. No kidding?!?!

How does Wisconsin do it? Change the uniforms to Wisconsin and no one is saying anything.

It's not attractive to WR recruits? How about instant playing time?

It used to be, "We need an innovative coach that will gameplan to each specific opponent and not just do the same thing every single game." Michigan goes out and does this to Washington and it's, "They need to pass more!!!!"

Michigan has no proven WR or TE. That is attractive to certain high level recruits, because they feel they can get in early and provide that. A salesman can sell anything.

The only other thing that I am tired of hearing more is, "Harbaugh needs to bench Cade and play JJ now!!!!"

Ugh! So tiring!

"Michigan needs to pass more! gurgle blargh gurgle blarg"

That is all I heard all week. No kidding?!?!

How does Wisconsin do it? Change the uniforms to Wisconsin and no one is saying anything.

It's not attractive to WR recruits? How about instant playing time?

It used to be, "We need an innovative coach that will gameplan to each specific opponent and not just do the same thing every single game." Michigan goes out and does this to Washington and it's, "They need to pass more!!!!"

Michigan has no proven WR or TE. That is attractive to certain high level recruits, because they feel they can get in early and provide that. A salesman can sell anything.

The only other thing that I am tired of hearing more is, "Harbaugh needs to bench Cade and play JJ now!!!!"

That some sure, fast and up front NIL $$ right there, when you catchin? passes for the Maize and Blue at Michigan.

Talkin? we fancy like Applebee?s on a date night, with the Bourbon Street Steak and an Oreo Shake?

Back