Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peacock and football

I have not been. I have never said "y'all" I still say "You all" or "All of You."

I hate it here.

I know what you're saying about the weather in Michigan, but this year from about June through, well... now it's too hot to do shit outside until the sun goes down. And even then we had long stretches in the summer where it was still in the high 80's and humid as a swamp as late as 9 or 10 PM. Just brutal.

I hope you held on to your place in Michigan because in 15-20 years (if not sooner), parts of the deep south are going to be uninhabitable. And the parts right on the coast uninsurable (some already are).

LOL, even Bill Gates has said this is utter nonsense but I doubt you'll ever give up on this ACCC junk science garbage...

Well, I picked up the "Bless your heart" trope. No Southern drawl.

Totally agree that the heat is stifling between mid-June until football season, but walking distance pools, and being forced to replace furnace\air conditioners, have made it bearable.

I can't say I hate it, because outside of an occasional "bless your heart", people can be pretty nice. Atlanta is one of the most diverse cities in the South.

I think Atlanta is also one of the highest elevations for state capitols east of the Mississippi or some crap like that. I think I am safe in that respect - not that I want any state to become uninhabitable. If nothing else, you will be in Texas with millions of immigrants - maybe it will get better. :*)

Have a very small cabin near New Haven with some other family members - gets usage from snow melt to snow fall near Halloween.

Georgia sounds nicer than Texas.

I do have to give Houston credit for being less openly segregated and racist than northern cities. At least within the city (NOT in rural Texas), race relations aren't as toxic as I felt they were in Detroit or Chicago.

"Bless your heart" is a good colloquialism. I give Southerners credit for that one. Amazing way to basically say "Fuck off and die" without having to say that.

MSU basketball with 5 games on Peacock this season, one being the Michigan game. Guess there?s 5 basketball games I won?t be watching. Fuck these media networks hard

MSU basketball with 5 games on Peacock this season, one being the Michigan game. Guess there?s 5 basketball games I won?t be watching. Fuck these media networks hard

It is annoying, but I bought Peacock for the East Carolina game and it wasn't too bad. If you watch TV regularly, there's other stuff to watch on it and so it's not a total wash.

I just found "a guy who knows a guy" and for a $17/month paypal payment to Mexico, I get ALL the channels, including BTN, HBO, etc.... Watching the rest of our games will be easier than I thought.:cheers:

It's just getting worse and worse. It was OK when you just needed ESPN and BTN and you could get both on Sling for much, much cheaper than cable - I didn't even mind that for one year I had to toggle b/w Sling's Blue & Orange packages because one had ESPN and the other had BTN.

But now you need those plus FS1 and Peacock and Sling, YoutubeTV, FuboTV, etc are $70/month - which is about what it would cost me to add Fios TV with all those channels to our Verizon internet service. All for a bunch of crap I don't watch. With a discount for a six month commitment I paid $300 for Sling through Feb '24 but I had to create a new account in my wife's name to get that deal.

I thought/hoped streaming was going to usher in the era of a la carte network/channel subscriptions but it's morphed into just more of the same.

It is annoying, but I bought Peacock for the East Carolina game and it wasn't too bad. If you watch TV regularly, there's other stuff to watch on it and so it's not a total wash.

I just found "a guy who knows a guy" and for a $17/month paypal payment to Mexico, I get ALL the channels, including BTN, HBO, etc.... Watching the rest of our games will be easier than I thought.:cheers:

Do you use a VPN to stream that? If it's not legit, you could be traced and identified. Not sure what the consequences would be but it may be worth using a VPN if you aren't already.

Last edited:
Back