Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

People keep falling into the Grand Canyon and dying

Democrats want to give Grand Canyon to back to the Comanche and charge every American Citizen, regardless of age, $1,000 for reparations. Republicans want to fill it in or strip mine it, whichever does the most damage to the universe, as well as build a statue in honor of Genl. Philip Sheridan, with the caption, "the only good indian is dead."

Somewhere in the middle there is a compromise. Maybe a statue of Josey Wales and Ten Bears making their blood pact, and free admission to all Comanche.

I think I once read before it became a national park someone wanted to build an amusement park with rides and carnival games with a view of the big hole. I'm not sure if it was a Republican, Democrat, Comanche or a Havasupai but it's clear that didn't end up being the compromise you mentioned.

Trumps solution would just be to build a wall around it.

I was injecting humor, not politics. ...

But nothing in this part is funny:
Hmmm, maybe one of the 4,231 Dems seeking the nomination for candidate for POTUS will come up with the idea for a make work project to fill in the Grand Canyon - it's clearly more dangerous than it is beautiful. If this keeps up, pretty soon the Grand Canyon will have murdered more people than racist cops.

My money would be on Warren - even Bernie isn't dumb enough to propose that. But I wouldn't doubt it if she could get AOC to buy in and add it to her Green New Deal that we don't need and can't afford...
Humor is supposed to be funny.

Not the Grand Canyon, but kinda related here (link):

Responders from the Hawai?i County Fire Department and Hawai?i Volcanoes National Park rangers were ultimately able to rescue the 32-year-old, who is based on the Big Island at Pohakuloa Training Area, who witnesses said had ?lost his footing and fell from a 300 foot cliff at Kīlauea caldera? around 6:30 p.m., according to a news release from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.

?The man had just climbed over a permanent metal railing at the Steaming Bluff overlook to get closer to the cliff edge,? park officials said.​

AND look at this! Goddamn, lily-liver "nanny state liberal" thinks he can tell an American soldier where he can and can't go in his own country - the same country he's keeping free, and safe from terror?
Officials issued a stern warning about the hazards of bypassing safety barriers, saying the results could be fatal.

?Visitors should never cross safety barriers, especially around dangerous and destabilized cliff edges,? Chief Ranger John Broward said. ?Crossing safety barriers and entering closed areas can result in serious injuries and death.?​

How dare he. I'd love Chief Ranger John Broward - if that IS his real name - to try to look those proud men and women of the Army in the face and say that!

He'd get a much deserved ass whuppin'

is there a competition between you and bob for who can make the most delusional posts? Early onset dementia typically doesn't manifest until one's 50s, but maybe we should be concerned. Maybe DSF should add a "trusted contact" feature for sane posters to reach out to when another poster appears to be losing their mind.

Last edited:
is there a competition between you and bob for who can make the most delusional posts? Early onset dementia typically doesn't manifest until one's 50s, but maybe we should be concerned. Maybe DSF should add a "trusted contact" feature for sane posters to reach out to when another poster appears to be losing their mind.

How can you say that?

My last post is completely consistent with your beliefs and values.

Another one... this was at Glen Canyon, *just* upriver from the Grand Canyon.

Stay away from canyons, people.

We get people trapped on top of these mountains all the time in West Valley Arizona. Helicopter rescues wasting tax payer money. It never occurred to them 115 degrees is not the time to go mountain climbing with no water.

We get people trapped on top of these mountains all the time in West Valley Arizona. Helicopter rescues wasting tax payer money. It never occurred to them 115 degrees is not the time to go mountain climbing with no water.

That's pretty dumb.

But unless they're climbing mountains, only to fall off them and die, it's really a totally different hazard and issue

Wait, why is this topic in politics instead of other sports?

I don?t know, but your question reminds me of this bizarre factoid my wife read to me from some web blog. Apparently, over the last five years, about 300 people in India have died while taking selfies.

I said ?weird. How did they die??

?Starvation.?

Back