Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Playoff picture

adam86107

So here is the current playoff picture:

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Who do we hope to win today? 4 of the 6 teams ahead of the Lions in the NFC hunt play AFC teams today so it may be possible to gain some ground. Do we actually hope for a Vikings win today against the Falcons?

I see us winning the rest of our games the biggest obstacle. But maybe that's just me.

I see us winning the rest of our games the biggest obstacle. But maybe that's just me.

That's exactly it in my opinion. I have serious doubts we can beat the Packers and Rams.

Before LKP jumps in and says something stupid like "We beat them in Wisconsin already"... I will remind everyone how hard it is to beat any opponent twice in a season. Are they beatable? Yes, the fact that we already beat them makes it that much harder to do again.

The Rams aren't a great team at all, but they have a damned good defense, and we're struggling on offense. Bad matchup.

And then there is always a team like San Fran who wants to play spoiler.

We close out our season with the Bears, who have looked vastly improved.

I wouldn't be shocked if we win out, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 1-4 over the last 5. And if we can't win out, the payoffs are out of the question.

We are superior team to the remaining five opponents. Lions execute like Thursday they can win them all

It would be nice to win out, but I don't see it. This is the same team that everyone thought wouldn't win another game just 3 weeks ago. I'm happy they are playing better, but at least one of these 5 teams will surprise the Lions. 3-2 finish is what I would predict.

We are superior team to the remaining five opponents. Lions execute like Thursday they can win them all

You are doing it again. Not commenting on the previous posts talking points/comments.

#TwoWayStreet

You are doing it again. Not commenting on the previous posts talking points/comments.

#TwoWayStreet

I was commenting on Cheenos post and lions being most talented in last five is very relevant to this thread and playoffs

Worry about yourself. Your post was 100 percent off topic

Last edited:
I was commenting on Cheenos post and lions being most talented in last five is very relevant to this thread and playoffs

It often amazes me how even on incredibly rare occasion you make a valid point, you're still a complete twat doing it.

I don't think I have ever met a person who think more of himself while deserving it less.

There are no mind readers here. Quote it.

and you have been doing that as soon as you got back from your last time out.

Don't ever tell me what I need to do. You are the one poster that has alienated pretty much the whole Lion's board.

Last edited:

Watch your tone with KC, boy!!!! Cmon nawwwww

While it may not mean jack or shit to you LKP, I will say you're picking the wrong target here.

I've watched you start verbal sparring matches with just about everyone on this board. You're a loud mouth, as bad as me, hughes, tony, mitch, etc... I get that.

But you start your shit with KC, and as far as I am concerned, there's no further use for you ever. You may not care, and I don't really care if you do, but I'm telling you that you would be wise to show the man a little fucking respect, because he's earned it.

He's the one guy you won't last going at it with before it's over.

I was fucking on topic talking about football minding my own business. But I get called out for something I didn't do and everyone on this board has gone off topic at one time. I didn't. Football related is not off topic

Kaline isn't just being a little bitch. Fuck him

Anything is possible can the lions win out? I'm not going to say no, but let's not get carried away we have all been Lion fans long enough to know how this works..It'll prolly come down to the final week at Chicago win and in, and they'll lose

Lol

Alright alright seriously though

One week one game at a time! Gotta beat the packers again won't be easy, get to work lions

Last edited:
Tony, Inkfreq, and everyone else I know and have posted with for years since espn the early 2000's.

Going back to those espn days, and Monster's previous board, I always felt the Lions board could and would take care of itself. The guys who "Know" their football, were always able to explain to the other guys who didn't have their football smarts. and I fall into the latter category.

It is now 5 years? maybe a bit longer since those boards closed. When I was asked to become a mod, at first I felt a bit humbled/honored, that many of the posters wanted me the old guy to be a mod, and just keep any eye on things and ask someone every so often to 'settle down'.

In these past several years, I can count on one hand the times I gave someone an infraction.
Those times the poster was given the infraction, I just thought that would be enough to make the poster feel a bit ashamed and maybe not get into it heatedly with some other poster. as it can and does go off topic and into a pissing contest.
Not once since I have been a mod, did I personally give someone a time off ban until today.
I have always thought we post with each other almost every day, every week, year after year. When you have had that type of argument, Human nature usually makes a person resent even seeing the poster in the forum and their posts.
and it can get ugly, I have said just try to get along or don't respond to the poster.

The previous time this poster was given his 2 week ban, by another mod, I gave my opinion, and that is, when one poster, constantly upsets so many in one forum, and continues to do that, despite repeated pleas to stop, that is when a timeout ban is needed.

I wanted to explain my thoughts on this situation. I had seen and read it ongoing for a very long time. I thought this too would settle down, or the mods who spend more time on the Lions board than I have until recent weeks would handle it if necessary.
That is no slight on any other mod. Up until recently when it was written about by more posters. I decided I would deal with it.
Thanks guys, KC Ron.

Last edited:
I thought early in the season an 8-8 could get someone in. Seattle is the team we need to finish better than because they beat us. Also, some of the teams tied or ahead of us have better conference records.

They'd have to go 4-1 at least with the loss not coming to Chicago or St. Louis.

Last edited:
It would be just our luck to win out and miss the playoffs somehow. Or need that win in our last game and screw it up. That being said I think we should beat all the rest of these teams.. I am still pissed it took lady ford to wake Caldwell's dumb ass up to fire Lombardi. Damm the NFL is so bad this year and at 4-7 so are we.. we have a shot.. I guess that is all we can hope for after the disgusting 1-7 start.

Last edited:
Back