Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pre-Season Game 2: Lions at Browns Thread

Shit this game sucks. Granted that was the Browns 1's against our 2's or lower and that personal foul call was crap but still. They didnt even flag the guy when he punted it into the stands.

Time to switch over to the Tigers

Not a huge fan of camp fodder vs camp fodder

meh we win....kinda disheartening that colt mccoy can throw 3 tds in a half but oh well...its only preseason.

Yeah we didnt play well and a couple questionable penalties that kept drives alive for them early. It was fugly but we won. I will say that Bell and Harrison looked a lot better this game.

Hey guys didnt get a chance to catch the game yet. Was just wondering if McCoys Tds were mostly against our second string or were the starters not playing well.

motown1958 said:
Hey guys didnt get a chance to catch the game yet. Was just wondering if McCoys Tds were mostly against our second string or were the starters not playing well.

His first TD was against the starters, but it came after Best fumbled and Cleveland started a drive at about the Lions 35 so they were put in a tough position. After that I think a few of the starting secondary were still out there because they were thin with injuries going into the game but it was mostly 2nd stringers. Lions starting D played the first quarter, Clevelands first string offense played the whole first half.

Was checking the gamecast while I was at work:

Did McCoy really look good? Or did he have a short field on 2 of those 3 tds? I saw that throw to Cribbs in our endzone that could have gotten him killed. And I see we haven't corrected our penalty situation,.

Oh, and it looks as though we still have one of the best 3rd string teams in the league lol.

coel73 said:
Was checking the gamecast while I was at work:

Did McCoy really look good? Or did he have a short field on 2 of those 3 tds? I saw that throw to Cribbs in our endzone that could have gotten him killed. And I see we haven't corrected our penalty situation,.

Oh, and it looks as though we still have one of the best 3rd string teams in the league lol.

McCoy looked half decent , the TD throws were nice , but the TE who caught them both played a big role in it...he had a few drops by receivers , typical WCO stuff though alot of quick drops and the ball was out.

nothing spectacular.

How deceiving were the 3 TD passes by McKoy?

First one was setup on a short field by the Best fumble.

Second one was setup on another short field due to a lapse in Special Teams, and a return to the Lions 25 yard line.

Third one was set up on a PI call with Nathan Vasher guarding Josh Cribbs. (When Vasher is guarding Cribbs, you know they left their starters in longer than we did.)

With all that said, we need to stop the penalties, and start developing a running game.

We did a lot better against the run, but keep in mind the Browns didn't play Peyton Hillis, so don't look too much into that.

We got New England next week, so it's make or break for a lot of these players.

I think our running game with Harrison was light years better than last week. But yes the Browns played their 1's on both sides more than we did. the only TD they scored that wasn't penalty aided was the 81 yd TD run against mostly 2nd and 3rd team def.

The New RB in the first game didn't have a chance. Hardly practice, barely looked at the Playbook and neither had played in a game in some time. Harrison did look good. Against 2nd and 3rd stringers but we had our backups in as well. '

Kind of a meh game. Staffords ropes to Burleson and Pettigrew were very nice and the Burleson td catch was nice along with his end around. Another good game by Stafford. Good to see our offense can function without Best,Calvin, Scheffler and Young. 10 points works in 4 series even if its the Browns. Bests fumble was bad but apparently he "didn't feel right" after his first routine hit he took whatever that means. Better to be safe.

D starters played 4 series. Could have seen more pressure from the Dline. Did a good job I guess but had some drops help too but on the drops it looked like there was a player there to make the tackle on each drop. Spievey did good against the run, Brandon McDonald did well in the nickel and CW had a nice jump of the snap to stop a run. Not as much as pressure as I would have liked(other than Avril once) but it was West Coast and McCoy got it out quickly. Good to see the back 7 hold up even without Houston on those 4 series. 2nd drive on the short field, Delmas didn't play well. Missed the tackle on the Brandon Jackson first down run which would have been a loss, along with Wright poor tackling on that play and then Delmas got beat on the td with Moore in motion. Little beat Vasher in a zone and Cribbs settled in the zone before that to set up the td.

Nothing spectacular about this one though. 2nd string penalties were concerning but it was Pitcock,Calloway, and Dawson on the 3rd Browns tds drive and Cribbs did a good job faking an interference from Vasher. The only starter who commited a penalty was Wright on a defensive holding.

Back