Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 1: Jets @ Lions Thread

grandy

New York Jets (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

Previews
Posted later, if available

Injury Report
Posted later, if available

It's only preseason.....but at least we'll get to talk some actual football soon.

It's only preseason.....but at least we'll get to talk some actual football soon.

I did my best to avoid this place...since every thread was getting hijacked/going way off topic.

Football is finally back.

I did my best to avoid this place...since every thread was getting hijacked/going way off topic.

You did well. I wish I could have done as well. I think that will be my new pledge.. See how long I can keep it up.

I will probably catch up on my recordings of American Pickers and Antique Road Show. I really do not care for Pre-Season football. It's a joke.

Can't wait to see the Lions Oline and Dline in action tonight sans Waddle/Ngata/Jones.

I will probably catch up on my recordings of American Pickers and Antique Road Show. I really do not care for Pre-Season football. It's a joke.

Still football.. So I'm looking forward to it.

I'm just looking forward to the total over reaction (good or bad) from the 1 series the starters kind of play.

I'm just looking forward to the total over reaction (good or bad) from the 1 series the starters kind of play.

Similar to the over reaction (good or bad) from the first few practices without pads. :cheers:

You did well. I wish I could have done as well. I think that will be my new pledge.. See how long I can keep it up.

On the plus side, this subforum isn't quite as bad as the cesspit known as the Politics board.

I hear ya. I really try not to get into the back and forth that goes one, mostly from one person. No matter what the topic starts as......it always ends up about Stafford.....and its the same argument over and over.

Anyway.....preseason is always fun to see the guys fighting to make the squad. I put no stock into how the 1's do.....good or bad......I like to see the guy fighting to be #53.

Is this game on TV?

WJBK (FOX/2 - Detroit)
WNEM (CBS/5 - Saginaw)
WSYM (FOX/47 - Lansing)
WXMI (FOX/17 - Grand Rapids)
WUPW (FOX/36 - Toledo OH)
WJMN (CBS/3 - Escanaba MI)

Replays on NFL Network (Eastern Time):
Friday, 8/14 - 5 a.m.
Tuesday, 8/18 - 5:30 a.m.
Wednesday, 8/19 - 1 p.m.

Last edited:
NFL ame Pass for $99 bucks if you are out of Detroit area. You get all non-local or national pre-season games, all replays of every regular season and playoff games including game tape (all 22 and more) and condensed games (can watch a replay of a game in 30 minutes). And can watch 2008-2014 too.

Last edited:
WJBK (FOX/2 - Detroit)
WNEM (CBS/5 - Saginaw)
WSYM (FOX/47 - Lansing)
WXMI (FOX/17 - Grand Rapids)
WUPW (FOX/36 - Toledo OH)
WJMN (CBS/3 - Escanaba MI)

Replays on NFL Network (Eastern Time):
Friday, 8/14 - 5 a.m.
Tuesday, 8/18 - 5:30 a.m.
Wednesday, 8/19 - 1 p.m.

For a moment I thought it'd be on NFL Network or ESPN tonight.. Maybe I can find a stream somewhere.

I might get the game pass free 7 day trial.. Watch game and then cancel.

Ugh, sub-level apartment now... I can get CBS but not FOX. May have to get the gameday package by the end of the preseason.

I'm really just watching to see Abdullah, Tomlinson, and our DL - especially Walker, Reid, and Taylor. Really hoping to see some kind of ability, not so much worried about stats. I just want to see them show something positive. At this point in his career, I don't think a few good preseason games mean anything for Stafford, so I couldn't care less about how he does. He is who he is. High risk, high reward.

I just wanna see the fellas suited up. Glad Aaron Brown isn't on the team lighting it up and filling everyone with false hope preseason after preseason

Back