Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 2: Lions @ Redskins Thread

Question

To make the practice squad do you have to clear waivers and not get picked up by another team? Thanks..

I just hope that the people that are going to get super excited about Zenner aren't also going to be the people that are telling others that it's no big deal that the defense looked like balls in the 2nd half. Can't have it both ways.

Backups were the story tonight. The secondary couldn't cover, the line couldn't get pressure, and the linebackers and safeties couldn't tackle. Van Noy looked really bad. Missed tackles, bad angles, couldn't keep up in pass coverage. Zenner ran well, and Ross came out with a chip on his shoulder. Fuller had two targets and no catches. The first I couldn't tell if it was a good play by the CB to knock it away or if Fuller just dropped it. The second, was about a 10 bobble on a pass that he needed to catch, even if it was a bit behind him.

RGIII got the shit knocked out of him a lot. McCoy and Cousins played well. They are borderline starters, way better than what we've got at back up QB. Moore looked really bad again. I can't wait for Waddle to come back, right tackle might be a problem otherwise. Had this been the regular season, I think we had this one, pretty easily.

I just hope that the people that are going to get super excited about Zenner aren't also going to be the people that are telling others that it's no big deal that the defense looked like balls in the 2nd half. Can't have it both ways.

Not sure of your point. If Zenner makes the squad he is taking a spot from a valuable D backup?

Love his story and path to the NFL, but thats not why he is deserving. I take him over Winn all day.

I only saw the second half so the only good thing I saw was Zenner. (I saw that drive and some of the 4th) 2nd string Defense had trouble on the third downs that i saw.. I only really watch Preseason to see the stories.. Longshots.. I hate these games.. Plus was was flipping back in forth to Big Pasta's Shutout!!!!

Thanks for answer my question S..

Not sure of your point. If Zenner makes the squad he is taking a spot from a valuable D backup?

Love his story and path to the NFL, but thats not why he is deserving. I take him over Winn all day.

There are quite a few players defensively that were on the field when the Redskins were running all over them that will make this team.

I'm not saying don't be excited about Zenner, I really hope he makes it. He looks great. But it would be hypocritical to also say it's no big deal the 2nd/3rd defense got run over consistently.

Ross came out with a chip on his shoulder.

Agreed, I've been very negative on Ross the last couple seasons. He was a pleasant surprise tonight.

Last edited:
Based on tonight.. Dan O is our new starting QB. I try but it's really hard to get pumped for a guy in preseason.. I've seen it too much where they fail once the season starts..

GDnM0kEXKxRAdGMjjAAeVrV0HgTUJMkAZdbEDfTPcDzj=s500-no

Last edited:
Question

To make the practice squad do you have to clear waivers and not get picked up by another team? Thanks..

As said yes. However once on the practice squad, they are essentially free agents and can be signed by any team without any restrictions. With the exception being if that team is the current teams next opponenet/game.

As said yes. However once on the practice squad, they are essentially free agents and can be signed by any team without any restrictions. With the exception being if that team is the current teams next opponenet/game.

That player also is part of the 53 man roster of his new team. He can not go from one practice squad to another.

Lions 1st team defense absolutely dominated. RG3 hit all the time. The only bad thing Carraun Reid hurt his ankle. Same with Warford.

We moved the ball well. Lucas holding caused the FG. And Fuller should have caught that ball on the second drive. Coverage sack on the first drive.

Second and third string had a very bad day. Hopefully they rebound.

Dan O looked good though. He is our backup. Moore sucks.

Last edited:
Also Ansah playing alot of LE. Maybe it's just because Jones is out but that's interesting if he is switching sides.

This team blitzes well. Blitzes work if they hit home.

Ebron and Burton catches on the second drive were both very nice. Burton might be a sneaky threat at FB. Much better than Collins.

4th string. Gilbert

Get the guy some snaps, if Moore is as bad as what you guys are saying. There are slot of teams in the NFL that have borderline starters as backups, it's honestly annoying that were depending on a guy that led the the Lions to an 0-16 season as a backup. Stafford goes down, all hope is gone, season is over. I wouldn't risk Stafford playing another Preseason snap. Just not worth it

Last edited:
Get the guy some snaps, if Moore is as bad as what you guys are saying. There are slot of teams in the NFL that have borderline starters as backups, it's honestly annoying that were depending on a guy that led the the Lions to an 0-16 season as a backup. Stafford goes down, all hope is gone, season is over. I wouldn't risk Stafford playing another Preseason snap. Just not worth it

Dan O could win us a couple games with the starters. He is the only one that won with that Indy team. Went 2-3. If it's for an extended period, that would be bad. But you could say that for any team.

Moore's arm is just brutal to watch. It's a liability with how bad it is.

Moore looks like he is throwing a football filled with Velveta shells and cheese.

Back