Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Schedule Released

Game 3 is the only one that matters for starters so who cares for the other three weeks. It clearly doesn't get anyone ready for the regular season with vanilla schemes. If you need a "tough" pre-season opponent to get ready for the regular season, then your teams has issues. The Lions don't need a tough opponent, they are already ready. You don't tip your hand either, so you don't show the real plays you want to use, just basic stuff.

It is the individual player matchups that are important. If playing a sub-par team, then a player beating the player across from them means squat. Will they be able to beat the good players? What about the average guys?

Playing a better team gives the coaching staff more insight about the level the guy is playing at. Some guys are better in games than in practice, others are worse in games. These games do serve a purpose and all I'm saying is it would be more beneficial to the coaching staff if they played 1 game vs a better opponent to get a better idea of the which guys who are on the fence deserve a roster spot, a spot on the PS, or cut.

I really don't get why the slappies are taking my comments to be anti-Lions. It is a criticism of the NFL's scheduling. If you want to claim it doesn't matter, fine. I hold the opposite position, and players generally prefer playing against the better competition too because it helps them identify their current playing level and areas they can improve.

It is the individual player matchups that are important. If playing a sub-par team, then a player beating the player across from them means squat. Will they be able to beat the good players? What about the average guys?

Playing a better team gives the coaching staff more insight about the level the guy is playing at. Some guys are better in games than in practice, others are worse in games. These games do serve a purpose and all I'm saying is it would be more beneficial to the coaching staff if they played 1 game vs a better opponent to get a better idea of the which guys who are on the fence deserve a roster spot, a spot on the PS, or cut.

I really don't get why the slappies are taking my comments to be anti-Lions. It is a criticism of the NFL's scheduling. If you want to claim it doesn't matter, fine. I hold the opposite position, and players generally prefer playing against the better competition too because it helps them identify their current playing level and areas they can improve.

Nobody cares. It's preseason. Nothing is proven in game 3 of the pre-season against any opponent. Beating a guy not playing hard in the pre-season means nothing.

And we played Jacksonville and went 11-5 and 7-9 when we did well against New England and 10-6 when we did well against New England. It's not relevant to anything.

Last edited:
duuuuuuuude we went 4-0 the year we went 0-16, preseason doesn't matter. we tell the NFL who we want to play in the preseason and they do their best to make it happen.

Again, because you guys are not hearing me, it is about my preference to have players going up against better talent to get a better understanding of their talent.

I'm entitled to have that opinion, so fuck off already.

And one last comment on this thread. You guys are acting like I'm talking about the known starters who the coaches already know and understand. I'm referring to guys who are on the bubble, or maybe second string who you want to make sure you can rotate in and they can carry the load. It is the one v one battles that coaches should be looking at in preseason, not so much the entire team.

If the Lions requested that preseason schedule then that explains why they haven't had back to back 10 win seasons and have zero SB appearances, they are not properly analyzing their players....but we already knew that, so no surprise. Yeah, just keep on doing the same ol' shit, makes tons of sense. I keep hoping one day they will wake up, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

This team is full of talent. They properly analzye their players. Pre-season doesn't give you much to analzye. It's foolish to think otherwise.

This team is full of talent. They properly analzye their players. Pre-season doesn't give you much to analzye. It's foolish to think otherwise.

Titus Young is being properly analyzed by a California State Medical Psychologist right now.

Maybe the Lions should play the Y2J intro from WWE when Ebron comes onto the field.

Maybe the Lions should play the Y2J intro from WWE when Ebron comes onto the field.

Hey would have to do it then because waiting for him to make a play will mean it never gets played.

You missed the whole comedy of the other thread, but that's okay. Bro.

Last edited:
Back