Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reality Check

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
I guess were in trouble, rolls eyes

We are in trouble.....wait for it.

You guys havent mentioned what a prick belicheck is lol. Your forgeting we out played them the first half last year in the regular season. He'll do everything he can to embarrass us this weekend. Dline is going to have to play huge for us to be in the game.

Come out of this game healthy and show a couple of nice efforts offensively and defensively. That's all i want to see...honestly.

I hope they do try and embaress us, and on the same note I hope we try and embaress them. This will be a good game to see what our weaknesses are so during the regular season we can shceme to try and cover them up. Schwartz got his start under Bill, this game doesn't mean anything but on some level it will for them.

I don't see the Schwartz trying to send any message. It's a preseason game and the last thing he wants to do is get anyone especially Staff hurt. If anything I think he plays it safe.

Everything I saw looked pretty encouraging. It's only preseason but the first team looked great on both sides of the ball.

mhughes0021 said:
Eddie said:
Solid game. Wish it was an away game to see how we'd fare.

no you dont....i dont care to see how we fare in a game during a hurricane.

Lol obviously not with hurricane weather. Even if it was delayed till Monday like the Giants-Jets. We didn't play so hot at Cleveland with tons of penalties. We're obviously more in sync at home. I want to see that type of complete play at opposing stadiums.

jared said:
I'm back to eat crow.

Never so happy to be wrong.

Agreed. I didn't think any performance in a preseason game mattered.....at all.....i was just hoping to be healthy coming out of preseason.

However, that performance last night really got me pumped for the regular season. We looked sharp. Really sharp. I love the way Linehan has designed this offense to get the ball out quickly and keep Stafford upright. Screens, dumps, short routs to the TE's....and then look for CJ and Burleson deep.

We have a roster that has that skill set to be successful at doing just that.

Drinking the 'aid now.....it's yummy. (add vodka.....it helps)

I thought the Pats would run roughshod over us.....got to say I was very pleased at last nights game.

Stafford looked razor sharp , and the 1st team D looked awesome

still a little concerned about the inside run game...but oh well you cant have it all

we shall see week #1 if we're truly for real.

I didn't expect that game to go down like that. I have to say, I'm encouraged, and I saw exactly what I was hoping to see....

Except for Brady getting his pretty face maimed.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
I guess were in trouble, rolls eyes

We are in trouble.....wait for it.

2 catches for Welker against 1st D unit
4 catches for Hernadez against 1st unit, only 1 caught beyond the line of scrimmage

But the degree of blown coverages on the big play to Welker and 3rd down conversion to Hernandez was cause for pause. Was the welker pass against the second team d?

cheeno said:
But the degree of blown coverages on the big play to Welker and 3rd down conversion to Hernandez was cause for pause. Was the welker pass against the second team d?

yep, Welker TD was against 2nd unit.....Vasher, Berry, Silva in secondary

Hernandez beat our LB's , 3 of his catches against the 1st unit were at or behind the line of scrimmage

tsmith7559 said:
cheeno said:

yep, Welker TD was against 2nd unit.....Vasher, Berry, Silva in secondary

Hernandez beat our LB's , 3 of his catches against the 1st unit were at or behind the line of scrimmage

Yeah but those guys will be playing from time to time.

I have to admit I am in a very Slappy mood after last nights game. Hard not to get excited..

Back