Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 5 Maple Leafs 4 Final ot.

Looks like Pittsburgh will lose. I think currently Detroit holds WC 2, thanks to tie-breker over Wash.

Espn still has Washington ahead of us on tiebreakers .
30 regulation wins to 27 for Detroit . Is that the tie breaker ? Idk.

Well we survive another day. I have to admit I don't know if Lalonde is really a good coach or not. All I can say if we miss the playoffs he should definitely be under scrutiny especially considering where things stood a month and a half ago when the playoffs seemed all but assured.

His speeches to the media leave a lot to be desired, although I realize that's not the be all end all when it comes to coaching. From a casual fans perspective he just seems to lack fire/intensity to inspire the team when they really need it, but who knows what he's like when the cameras are off in that locker room.

Well we survive another day. I have to admit I don't know if Lalonde is really a good coach or not. All I can say if we miss the playoffs he should definitely be under scrutiny especially considering where things stood a month and a half ago when the playoffs seemed all but assured.

His speeches to the media leave a lot to be desired, although I realize that's not the be all end all when it comes to coaching. From a casual fans perspective he just seems to lack fire/intensity to inspire the team when they really need it, but who knows what he's like when the cameras are off in that locker room.
Nothing is ever assured. And we lost Larkin at an inappropriate time. But with two left still in it best season in a long time. Btw, Tork with Philly seems to have fire and intensity and they've kind of blew it. So maybe that doesn't help. In every sports you have quiet coaches and intense coaches that are both good and bad.

Nothing is ever assured. And we lost Larkin at an inappropriate time. But with two left still in it best season in a long time. Btw, Tork with Philly seems to have fire and intensity and they've kind of blew it. So maybe that doesn't help. In every sports you have quiet coaches and intense coaches that are both good and bad.
C'mon man they went like 5-12-3 before this game since February 29th. That includes a 7 game losing streak or so. You cannot blame that just on Larkin getting injured. In many of those games they played lifeless like they didn't give a shit. That falls on the head coach for not getting his guys ready to play during a playoff chase I'm sorry.

C'mon man they went like 5-12-3 before this game since February 29th. That includes a 7 game losing streak or so. You cannot blame that just on Larkin getting injured. In many of those games they played lifeless like they didn't give a shit. That falls on the head coach for not getting his guys ready to play during a playoff chase I'm sorry.
Who do you think didn't play during the 7 game losing streak. That's right Larkin. He's been here 2 years and we improved both years. You want Blashill back? No one ever wants to enjoy hockey they just complain even when things go bad. Did you at least enjoy the game tonight?

Who said I want Blashill back? Clearly nobody so c'mon man again.

So Larkin goes down and therefore it's understandable for a supposed playoff team to lose 7 straight games including a 4-0 shutout to the freaking Arizona Coyotes?

I see you ignored the fact that the team has gone 6-12-3 since February 29th which includes many games that Larkin played in.

I enjoyed tonight's outcome very much. I'm a wings fan same as you, I just recognize where criticism is warranted. Lalonde and yes even Yzerman are deserved of their fair share.

I didn't realize we're such a one man team considering all year long I've heard how balanced we are with X number of players scoring double digit goals.

Look at all the teams competing Wash, Pitt, us, NYI, Philly, NJ - all had long losing streaks. It happens. Maybe all coaches and GM suck. It's too easy to blame them.. esp. when we're better this season over last. Which was better than the previous.. Not one man but if you watch enough you should know Larkin makes this team go, whether he scores or not. If he misses no time we'd probably have a lock on the playoffs. Since a couple wins would do it.. No idea how Yzerman would get blame, at all.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never once said Lalonde or Yzerman suck sir. I said they are deserving of criticism that's all.

You're clearly sensitive when anyone criticizes this regime. I don't understand why since they haven't done anything of note. Name me one superstar on this team after over 5 years of Yzerman at the helm? You can't.

The team has improved yes....however we aren't in the early stages of a rebuild where just incremental improvements are enough. We need a playoff appearance and a team who can actually make some noise once they make those playoffs.

When the team clearly should have had the playoffs locked down and then they shit their pants, they have collapsed plain and simple. I cannot believe you are just dismissing a potential epic collapse over one player missing 7 games regardless of his role. You act like no playoff team has ever faced injuries to key players. Did the 90s wings lose 7 straight games every time Lidstrom or Shahahan went down?

7 game losing streaks don't "just happen" to playoff teams during the spring. They happen to fraudulent teams who lack leadership.

I was at the March 3rd game when we played the Panthers at LCA and we got absolutely smoked 4-0. I went with my parents and brother and we all walked away feeling like it was the worst wings game we had ever witnessed in person.

Larkin played in it.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never once said Lalonde or Yzerman suck sir. I said they are deserving of criticism that's all.

You're clearly sensitive when anyone criticizes this regime. I don't understand why since they haven't done anything of note. Name me one superstar on this team after over 5 years of Yzerman at the helm? You can't.

The team has improved yes....however we aren't in the early stages of a rebuild where just incremental improvements are enough. We need a playoff appearance and a team who can actually make some noise once they make those playoffs.

When the team clearly should have had the playoffs locked down and then they shit their pants, they have collapsed plain and simple. I cannot believe you are just dismissing a potential epic collapse over one player missing 7 games regardless of his role. You act like no playoff team has ever faced injuries to key players. Did the 90s wings lose 7 straight games every time Lidstrom or Shahahan went down?

7 game losing streaks don't "just happen" to playoff teams during the spring. They happen to fraudulent teams who lack leadership.
Sure they happened. With Philly, Washington, NJ, Pittsburgh and even NYI. They all had long losing streaks which is why it's still a contest of who gets in.. All 6-7 game losing streaks in the last month. You know what superstars get ya, like Edmonton - no playoff success. Toronto, 1 playoff win in 8 years etc..

I was at the March 3rd game when we played the Panthers at LCA and we got absolutely smoked 4-0. I went with my parents and brother and we all walked away feeling like it was the worst wings game we had ever witnessed in person.

Larkin played in it.
Way to cherry pick it.

I am not cherry picking when I say the team has gone 6-12-3 since February 29th. I am using the Panthers game as an example of their lifeless play during that stretch which included the 7 game losing streak which you just dismiss as "oh Larkin was hurt Lulz".

Sure they happened. With Philly, Washington, NJ, Pittsburgh and even NYI. They all had long losing streaks which is why it's still a contest of who gets in.. All 6-7 game losing streaks in the last month. You know what superstars get ya, like Edmonton - no playoff success. Toronto, 1 playoff win in 8 years etc..
Yes we should not strive to get superstars. That tells me all I need to know about your hockey knowledge.

I guess we won those Stanley cups with non superstar players like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Hasek, the list goes on.

I am not cherry picking when I say the team has gone 6-12-3 since February 29th. I am using the Panthers game as an example of their lifeless play during that stretch which included the 7 game losing streak which you just dismiss as "oh Larkin was hurt Lulz".
I said it didn't help. You go 2-5 and we're in. Are you saying a healthy Larkin we wouldn't have gone 2-5. So we had our stuggle, which teams don't?

I said it didn't help. You go 2-5 and we're in. Are you saying a healthy Larkin we wouldn't have gone 2-5. So we had our stuggle, which teams don't?
No idea what we do with Larkin in the lineup and neither do you. It's pure speculation at best. I would also add we should have easily gone 2-5 without him.

Yes we should not strive to get superstars. That tells me all I need to know about your hockey knowledge.

I guess we won those Stanley cups with non superstar players like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Hasek, the list goes on.
And Edmonton, Toronto? Are you going to ignore that.. You don't need SS, sure they're nice but if they don't win who cares. You need a team.

Back