Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings FA period..

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit signed a lot of guys day 1 so far. Don't have the AAV yet and no huge offensive weapon but lots of depth...

Justin Holl 7/1/2023DSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed D Justin Holl.)
J.T. Compher 7/1/2023LWSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed F J.T. Compher)
Brogan Rafferty 7/1/2023DSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed D Brogan Rafferty.)
James Reimer 7/1/2023GSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed G James Reimer.)
Shayne Gostisbehere 7/1/2023DSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed D Shayne Gostisbehere. )
Kailer Yamamoto 7/1/2023RWSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed F Kailer Yamamoto.)
Christian Fischer 7/1/2023RWSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed F Christian Fischer. )
Daniel Sprong 7/1/2023RWSigned (The Detroit Red Wings signed F Daniel Sprong.)

Last edited:
Wings wavied Zadina again. Looks like he is done in Detroit.
Someone had to go with all the forwards. He had so much promise and does a couple things well. Scoring is not one of them though.

I guess Zadina and his agent asked to be traded. Couldn't find a taker so release.

Looks like we got the Cat. 4 year extension sub 8 AAV. I heard he was asking for 9m 7-8 years. Good job Steve. Not sure who and what we gave up though but great contract.

Finally some good news Red Wings Trade for Alexander DeBrincat !

Is this too much to give up ? I do not know ?

Detroit traded forward Dominik Kubalik, defenseman prospect Donovan Sebrango, a conditional 2024 first-round draft pick and the Red Wings? 2024 fourth-round selectio

+- means about as much as , well it doesn't mean much. This was a steal.

Team needs goal scorers for sure and he helps there.

But 3 teams in 2 years raises red flags to me
How so? He was with Chicago for 5 years. They decided to trade him to Ottawa, not his say so.. and he decided he didn't want to play for Ottawa. Simple.

How so? He was with Chicago for 5 years. They decided to trade him to Ottawa, not his say so.. and he decided he didn't want to play for Ottawa. Simple.

You sure it wasn't Ottawa not wanting to pay him?

Also, he's 25. 25 year old stars don't get traded away twice in a year in their prime.

Last edited:
Wish we could have kept Kubalik. He had a really decent season last year and tore it up at the world championships. Don?t think I still wouldn?t do the deal. But Dominic was only 27 years old.

Wish we could have kept Kubalik. He had a really decent season last year and tore it up at the world championships. Don?t think I still wouldn?t do the deal. But Dominic was only 27 years old.

I think he's a free agent in a year. Probably played into it

You sure it wasn't Ottawa not wanting to pay him?

Also, he's 25. 25 year old stars don't get traded away twice in a year in their prime.
He said he wasn't going to sign LT with Ottawa so they wanted to get something for him. Chicago traded him along with others because they were going into rebuild mode.. I'm not sure why its hard for you to understand..

Last edited:
Back