Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings FA period..

I read they were never comfortable in Ottawa. His wife had a baby and two months later Chicago traded him to Ottawa. New born, no support system, had to be tough.

He said he wasn't going to sign LT with Ottawa so they wanted to get something for him. Chicago traded him along with others because they were going into rebuild mode.. I'm not sure why its hard for you to understand..

A team in rebuild mode didn't want a 23 year old 40 goal scorer? That's hilarious

A team in rebuild mode didn't want a 23 year old 40 goal scorer? That's hilarious
That's exactly what happened. This is the NHL, cap and low cap at that. Might not make any sense but it's exactly how it happened. He was 24 btw. He was traded for the 7th pick, 34th and a 3rd round pick. So they got good back.

Chicago also traded Brandon Hagel at the same time, who is younger than the Cat. Is that hilarious too.

That's exactly what happened. This is the NHL, cap and low cap at that. Might not make any sense but it's exactly how it happened. He was 24 btw. He was traded for the 7th pick, 34th and a 3rd round pick. So they got good back.

Chicago also traded Brandon Hagel at the same time, who is younger than the Cat. Is that hilarious too.

Hagel wasn't a 40 goal scorer

So a 24 year old 2 time 40 goal scorer openly wants to stay and be a part of the rebuild is shipped off anyway. Crazy
They wanted picks and a new rebuild. They traded 2 good players. Stumped yet?

BTW, Zadina signed with San Jose 1 year a bit over a mill. Good luck. Man I was excited when he was drafted. Just couldn't hit the net.

We trade for Jeff Petry (Dans son) for a conditional forth and "I can barely play" Gustav Lindstrom to Montreal.. Petry RHD vet.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st exhibition game tonight, beating Pittsburgh 4-3. It was rather entertaining for a game that doesn't count.

Wings look good tonight though Washington's B team. Oppo of last game when their starters played our B team.

6-1 vs Chicago. Glad to have Ras back and Danielson still looking good.

Back