Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Ryan Mallett

I was conceived in La Jolla, CA, and born in Highland Park, Michigan. My parents lived in a tri-level house on the ocean and moved in late 1956 to Detroit.

Last edited:
I sure have driven along the Pac Coast Hwy along the Pacific a number of times over the years. San Diego, the ocean drive from Venice to Malibu, San Simeon, Pismo, Morrow Bay?spectacular views.

Take that back ? I just remembered that I did go out into the ocean at night at Santa Cruz with this one crazy girl I was going out with maybe 20 years ago.

I guess that is still technically decades.

It was a Big Lebowski reference...

"Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling."

Back