Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Road to the Lotto

tomdalton22 said:
jmakula87 said:
And if you go Per Game, which actually makes sense instead of just going by straight numbers, He is 3rd in Points, 4th in Assists, and averages the fewest TO's per game among qualifying rookies.

And now that I look at it, I'm not sure where the "5th" comes from anyways.

Rubio 8.9
Irving 5.0
Walker 3.6
Shumpert 3.6
Knight 3.4

I'll come back in a few days when Knight passes him again (or maybe he wasn't qualifying yet since shumpert missed 5 or so games early on) and post stats since that seems to be the strategy here.

And I figured the Knight haters would be away for a little bit after he played very well a couple nights ago.

tigers99888 said:
Pistons need Anthony Davis are Andre Drummond.. I don't think anyone else will be anywhere near the fit.. Unless Meyers Leonard from Illinois goes on a Tim Duncan tear..

Do whatever you have to do to get Davis.

jmakula87 said:
tomdalton22 said:
Rubio 8.9
Irving 5.0
Walker 3.6
Shumpert 3.6
Knight 3.4

I'll come back in a few days when Knight passes him again (or maybe he wasn't qualifying yet since shumpert missed 5 or so games early on) and post stats since that seems to be the strategy here.

And I figured the Knight haters would be away for a little bit after he played very well a couple nights ago.

I'm not a knight hater...I liked the pick. I think he will be a decent PG for years...just not a star.

As much as I want the top pick (and I DO!), having a few stretches like this is good. Young teams especially need to create a winning atmosphere, even they aren't winning a lot of games. It allows them to buy into what their coach is saying and focus their efforts where it actually helps the team. We are still not going to the playoffs, and still sit at a solid 4th from last in the standings. But if we are able to use runs like now to get players buying into their roles and the system, it still helps long term.

mhughes0021 said:
tigers99888 said:
Pistons need Anthony Davis are Andre Drummond.. I don't think anyone else will be anywhere near the fit.. Unless Meyers Leonard from Illinois goes on a Tim Duncan tear..

Do whatever you have to do to get Davis.

I agree.

Updated. Detroit is 4th. They really could end up being 2nd in the lotto draft or 6th. I just don't see them getting the #1 spot from Charlotte, which may be a good thing with not many teams that have the worst overall record winning the lotto.

1st, 2nd , 3rd...Does Stern welcome Gores to the NBA with the sticky envelope?

Pistons now tied for 5th worst record. Notably, when tied for 6th with Philly two years ago, Detroit lost the coin flip (determining who got more ping pong balls) and Philly ended up jumping to the second pick. Also notable, Philly took Evan Turner, who has been a good bench player at best so far, while we took Greg Monroe.

Certainly the hope is still moving up. However, there isn't a player in the top 10 that wouldn't be a significant upgrade on what we have. SG-SF-PF are all need positions for our Pistons.

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]... I just don't see them getting the #1 spot from Charlotte, which may be a good thing with not many teams that have the worst overall record winning the lotto.

Yeah, math can go fuck itself!

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]When's the last time the worst team won the lotto?

2004 Orlando had the worst record and won the rights to draft Howard

2003 Cleveland (tied with Denver for worst record) won the right to draft Lebron.

It hasn't happened since.

So it's happened in 2 of the last 10 drafts. The worst team generally has a 25% chance, right?

cheeno said:
1st, 2nd , 3rd...Does Stern welcome Gores to the NBA with the sticky envelope?

hell no! you think stern wants a superstar in motown? lol

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Updated.

Detroit in a 3-way tie for the 4th worst record.

tied for 6th now....shit sucks. Need Monroe to break his leg or something.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]Updated.

Detroit in a 3-way tie for the 4th worst record.

tied for 6th now....shit sucks. Need Monroe to break his leg or something.

Monroe breaking his leg is not what we need haha. Honestly its gonna be up to Stern and whether or not he wants us to rise back up. And looking at all the other teams fighting for the worst record I would say we are the team to get the break.

Not to turn against my own team or anything, but I kind of hope the Bobcats get Davis. It's not that I don't want the best for the Pistons, or even really care about Charlotte. It's just, my god, that has to be the worst show in the world, several years running. If Davis can't turn that team around, they should just be contracted (similar to how they never should have gotten a team in the first place).

Back