Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Romney was a jerk in high school

yeah, well he was a "flip-flopper" which is unimaginable for a politician -- to have views change over 30yrs in office.

some commentators (who would be considered "extreme liberals" no less) have agreed the whole thing is silly, and has more to do with the media trying to re-kindle interest in the empty pageantry of the presidential election. Since all sorts of "real issues" are off the table, and not for public discussion, we're left with the puff pieces that reduce the presidential election to the level of a Reality TV show competition... "Boxers or Briefs," "Tough on Terror, or Super-Crazy Tough on Terror," or "Who Loves America More?" "Who would you rather have a beer with?"

I kinda wish Romney had actual military service so we could see the amusing spectacle of retards arguing that this made him "fit to serve as Commander in Chief," despite arguing the exact opposite in the two George W. Bush elections, like when GWB was up against a decorated veteran who actually served in Vietnam and saw combat (John Kerry) in '04...

You could make a 2-axis plot of news people. One axis would be conservative/liberal, the other would be cares about news/just trying to entertain. Hanging onto this kind of stuff this long exposes those that are in it for the entertainment, which is independent of the liberal/conservative axis. Wish there was a good way to make that plot and filter it by broadcast TV, cable, print, radio, blogs. Or filter by people or companies that serve as primary news sources for a certain fraction of the nation. (Yes, I'd expect asymmetry.)

You'd need a Z-axis too, I think.

After all, though all corporate-owned and for profit (aka, ratings), there is a big difference between Eugene Robinson and Bill O'Reilly.

After all, though all corporate-owned and for profit (aka, ratings), there is a big difference between Eugene Robinson and Bill O'Reilly.

Also, most pundits appear as dots (maybe the size of the dot could scale with number of viewers/readers). Eugene Robinson would appear as a block M.

A block M with a background as a journalist versus a tabloid news anchor.

well, I was asking KAWDUP if he actually played...

I guess it used to be considered "Birmingham Brother Rice" but the post office changed the mailing address at some point; the land it's on is technically Bloomfield Township, just outside of Birmingham's city limits. Bloomfield Township has two cities within it's boundaries: Bloomfield Hills, and Birmingham. subtle distinctions that may only matter to municipal government and local city planners, but they still exist.

but yeah, there's a Bro Rice in Chicago. it's on the South Side, and is a little more blue collar than the Michigan one. I try to distance myself from that one, because their students do dumb things, like this... link

I played, but only intramural. They did have a water polo team. As I recall, Ann Arbor Pioneer was the main competition in water related sports in the state. Brother Rice was pretty good in the big 4, but tennis, golf and swimming and diving were the next best sports for them at the time.

When I was there, I played football, couldn't make the basketball team, and did intramural everything, even bowling. :*)

I can say one thing for you Champ, I could never do cross-country. To me, it was the roadwork for any sport that was the real hard work. :*)

Sorry about the time between reponses (not that anyone really cares all that much), but I am super busy at work.

Last edited:

lol, they all want to make a profit...good grief
Fox is just better , more than 50% of cable news viewers tune them in.

Back