Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Royals at Tigers Game Thread August 29th

staegrac said:
dpinsea said:
It sucked but this is still on Max... You can't come out and give up 7 in less than 4 innings to this club. The GIDP's are super frustrating though man.

Oh absolutely all 100% on Maxine

It's on Max, but not 100%.

The offense has not helped anyone today either, 1st inning 1 out man on 3rd failed to score, a Tie game at that point may have changed everything....

Santiago should just drop an elbow on the next one of those bastards trying ridiculous takeout slides. I know it's part of the game but they seem to be taking it a little far.

Well I'm hopeful, but I don't like our chances with the order that's coming up.

MI_Thumb said:
staegrac said:

The offense has not helped anyone today either, 1st inning 1 out man on 3rd failed to score, a Tie game at that point may have changed everything....

Tough to say. Max did give runs back everytime the Tigers scored though. I just find it hard to blame the offense when they've been put in this big of a hole. You can't expect them to score 8.

MI_Thumb said:
staegrac said:

yea youre right just getting carried away from this piss-poor performance

dpinsea said:
MI_Thumb said:

Tough to say. Max did give runs back everytime the Tigers scored though. I just find it hard to blame the offense when they've been put in this big of a hole. You can't expect them to score 8.

Oh, I'm saying Max is mostly to blame for this.

But they beat up on our pitcher, and we were trash against Hochaver....Miggy, Vmart, and Avila, all stuck out in their first AB's against him.

We had guys in scoring position and failed again.

MI_Thumb said:
dpinsea said:

Oh, I'm saying Max is mostly to blame for this.

But they beat up on our pitcher, and we were trash against Hochaver....Miggy, Vmart, and Avila, all stuck out in their first AB's against him.

We had guys in scoring position and failed again.

Yeah, definitely left some ducks on the pond, no argument there... Better get back on the horse tomorrow.

This day has been nothing but bullshit from the minute I got up. Ugh. See you tomorrow...

hopefully we come back tomorrow with Fister on the mound and show them how to play ball

Well, that's that.

We need to stop the slide before it becomes one, I don't like the idea of the White Sox being under 5 games back when we go head to head with them in the next series

It's definitely 100% on Max. Asking your offense to score 8 runs?? You deserve the loss Max. Terrible.

sggatecl said:
It's definitely 100% on Max. Asking your offense to score 8 runs?? You deserve the loss Max. Terrible.

The point was if we had scored Santiago from 3rd in the first when he was there with 1 out, Max would have had a new game, and it might have effected how he pitched.

As it was he was pitching out of a hole all night.

I'm not making excuses for him, just saying the offense has to take some of the blame, especially when they made Luke freaking Hochaver look like Randy Johnson for a while.

If you're satisfied with what we did against him, then no point in continuing a discussion with you.

Back