Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rumor: Mike Hart Offered RB Coach Position

thewolverines24

Hope it's true and he signs on. He has stated his ultimate goal is to become the HC at Michigan. He's paid his dues at other programs and he's earned his shot to work towards that at UM. I'm assuming he'd get a CO-OC title as well, but we'll have to see if this plays out.

Maybe his energy and passion could reinvigorate the current prescription pill, zombie Harbaugh we have meandering the sidelines.

I really like this idea and hope it works out. Even if it doesn't work out, I will still say it's a good idea.

According oding to a-local radio show he is mulling it over.

Last edited:
Hope it's true and he signs on. He has stated his ultimate goal is to become the HC at Michigan. He's paid his dues at other programs and he's earned his shot to work towards that at UM. I'm assuming he'd get a CO-OC title as well, but we'll have to see if this plays out.

Wtf? Are you serious?

He has been a RB coach at IU and has been unimpressive

Oh wait! He played at Michigan

He has zero other credentials

This is a joke!

Last edited:
There are a lot of other better prospects out there for assistant coaching positions

Oh wait! They aren't Michigan men

What a horrible idea

There are a lot of other better prospects out there for assistant coaching positions

Oh wait! They aren't Michigan men

What a horrible idea

Bro, turn down your sarcasm. It's blinding me.

Last edited:
You may want to take a look at his coaching history. Everywhere he's been, the running game has been good. He's also regarded as a top 25 recruiter in the country. Slow ya roll.

Dude. You want him to be CO-OC. He hasn't ever done anything to warrant that.

He was horrible at EMU. Remember his stint there with Ron English. They won 2 games in 2 years and then Ron was fired for his mouth, cussing out and threatening his players.

Then Hart went to IU and produced one halfway decent back.

That one halfway decent back averaged 2.8 ypc

Tell me where he improved all of these running games? He's had 2 jobs.

I guess you want him to start calling plays, too?

Then people said, well, it's emu and it's impossible to win there

The next coach had a 9 win season...ehhhhh ok

Last edited:
Bro, turn down your sarcasm. It's blinding me.

I'm not being sarcastic at all

Am I not allowed to voice my opinion that I hate this hire?

Am I attacking posters?

other than to say, are you kidding me?

is that hurtful?

Let's just say, this isn't a new idea

it has been tossed around on the 247 site for quite some time

There are quite a few knowledgeable posters over there that have voiced very good evidence of why this is not a very good move.

I guess either way, it'll work or he'll be gone in 2 or 3 years like Harbaugh

Dude. You want him to be CO-OC. He hasn't ever done anything to warrant that.

He was horrible at EMU. Remember his stint there with Ron English. They won 2 games in 2 years and then Ron was fired for his mouth, cussing out and threatening his players.

Then Hart went to IU and produced one halfway decent back.

That one halfway decent back averaged 2.8 ypc

Tell me where he improved all of these running games? He's had 2 jobs.

I guess you want him to start calling plays, too?

Then people said, well, it's emu and it's impossible to win there

The next coach had a 9 win season...ehhhhh ok

EMU: The year after Hart left, they won 2 games. They've never won 9 games since he left. Best was 7.

2012 - 1950 yds, 4.4 YPC
2013 - 1896 yds, 4.3 YPC

WMU:

2014 - 2221 yds, 4.4 YPC
2015 - 2648 yds, 5.0 YPC

Syracuse:

2016 - 1435 yds, 3.2 YPC

IU: (Stevie Scott never averaged 2.8 YPC. Averaged 4.5 YPC at IU)

2017 - 1561 yds, 3.5 YPC
2018 - 1888 yds, 4.4 YPC
2019 - 169 yds, 3.6 YPC
2020 - 869 yds, 3.1 YPC

So Syracuse was his worst year while he coached one of the worst Syracuse teams in history. I'll take Hart at Michigan with a new level of talent at his disposal. The fact that he was able to carve out being a top 25 recruiter at IU is impressive enough.

Lastly, I never said I wanted him as CO-OC. I said I assume he was going to get that title. My assumption was based on him being an associate HC at IU.

Last edited:
Here's the Press release:
"I am excited about the addition of Mike Hart to our offensive coaching staff," said Harbaugh. "Mike is a great coach and Michigan Man who has shown the ability to develop and elevate the performance of the running backs that he has mentored. We look forward to welcoming Mike, Monique and their children to the Michigan Football family."

"Michigan has always held a special place in my heart," said Hart. "It is a place that always believed in me and a place that I have always have believed in. I am excited to join Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan staff, and can't wait to get to work with a talented running back group."

In his 10 seasons as a coach, Hart has tutored four 1,000-yard rushers, two Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year recipients and the 2014 MAC Offensive Player of the Year, Jarvion Franklin.

As a member of the Indiana coaching staff, Hart was a 2018 Broyles Award nominee and received recognition as a Top 25 recruiter by Rivals.com for his work on the 2019 signing class.

gee... nobody tell Hungry...

c38b1bd46957d1a3e1c46599809d3939-original.jpg

Here's the Press release:
"I am excited about the addition of Mike Hart to our offensive coaching staff," said Harbaugh. "Mike is a great coach and Michigan Man who has shown the ability to develop and elevate the performance of the running backs that he has mentored. We look forward to welcoming Mike, Monique and their children to the Michigan Football family."

"Michigan has always held a special place in my heart," said Hart. "It is a place that always believed in me and a place that I have always have believed in. I am excited to join Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan staff, and can't wait to get to work with a talented running back group."

In his 10 seasons as a coach, Hart has tutored four 1,000-yard rushers, two Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year recipients and the 2014 MAC Offensive Player of the Year, Jarvion Franklin.

As a member of the Indiana coaching staff, Hart was a 2018 Broyles Award nominee and received recognition as a Top 25 recruiter by Rivals.com for his work on the 2019 signing class.

gee... nobody tell Hungry...

Great! He was a nominee. Yippee

Jay Harbaugh is and was already recruiting good backs

There are other RB coaches across the country with as good or better resumes. This is a feel good, bring the hero back home move and nothing more.

I wonder if there is a RB coach out there that has put multiple RBs in the NFL

Maybe one that has been a part of a championship of some kind

Back