Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rumor: Mike Hart Offered RB Coach Position

Since Hart started his RB coaching career he's produced four 1000+ yard RBs. Michigan has one in the same time frame.

Last edited:
I think that is more bad for Harbaugh than good for Hart

He's had a couple MAC gigs and IU. Thanks for listing that.

That being said, he never won a championship at Michigan and was never part of a team that beat Ohio State

I don't get the love

I hope he succeeds, though. I see no reason to be optimistic, but yay! Team!

Bring back Hoke to coach the DL!

I think that is more bad for Harbaugh than good for Hart

He's had a couple MAC gigs and IU. Thanks for listing that.

That being said, he never won a championship at Michigan and was never part of a team that beat Ohio State

I don't get the love

I hope he succeeds, though. I see no reason to be optimistic, but yay! Team!

Bring back Hoke to coach the DL!

Damn Hungry, this hire seems to have struck a never with ya. Or at least some other poster has. I get what you are saying above. For me, the love comes from his playing days. Still one of my favorite backs of all time. But in watching his coaching career from the fringe I dont feel its as bad as its coming across in your posts.

Stolen from MGoBlog:

In his 10 seasons as a coach, Hart has tutored four 1,000-yard rushers, two Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year recipients and the 2014 MAC Offensive Player of the Year, Jarvion Franklin.

As a member of the Indiana coaching staff, Hart was a 2018 Broyles Award nominee and received recognition as a Top 25 recruiter by Rivals.com for his work on the 2019 signing class.

Hart has been instrumental in the development of Indiana's running game, with the program gaining 1,888 yards and 17 rushing touchdowns in 2018. IU followed up by producing 1,695 yards and 24 TDs in 2019. The Hoosiers gained 869 yards and scored 12 TDs during the shortened 2020 campaign.

Hart developed Stevie Scott into an all-conference performer with the tailback earning second team All-Big Ten accolades the past two seasons (2019-20) after collecting honorable mention honors as a freshman.

To your point about Jay H recruiting well for the position, he will still be on the staff. So probably will still help out.

Maybe I am just being nostalgic about days where we had good teams, but for one like this hire. I guess hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

c38b1bd46957d1a3e1c46599809d3939-original.jpg

gonna bump my own post here just because it makes me happy.

LOOK at that million dollar smile!

Wonder what he was saying right then?

Anybody else looking forward to the undoubtedly entertaining Harbaugh/Hart dueling & joint public statements we'll be reading and hearing in the next year?

Neither excited nor discouraged about the Hart hire. With the RPO so prevalent in college offenses, I wonder of QBs also fall under Hart's jurisdiction. Maybe his presence will influence better RBs to consider Michigan.

Say...is every rumor about every assistant coaching position going to get its own thread now?

I like the hiring of Mike, but it will not make a difference if the offensive line is bad, the offensive game plan sucks, the defense can't tackle, and the DBs can't cover. I don't think running backs were a big problem for the team.

We are RE-establishing...
tapestry threads that bypass recent history
threads that go back to...
...the... ...BO... ...lineage...

Damn Hungry, this hire seems to have struck a never with ya. Or at least some other poster has. I get what you are saying above. For me, the love comes from his playing days. Still one of my favorite backs of all time. But in watching his coaching career from the fringe I dont feel its as bad as its coming across in your posts.

Stolen from MGoBlog:

In his 10 seasons as a coach, Hart has tutored four 1,000-yard rushers, two Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year recipients and the 2014 MAC Offensive Player of the Year, Jarvion Franklin.

As a member of the Indiana coaching staff, Hart was a 2018 Broyles Award nominee and received recognition as a Top 25 recruiter by Rivals.com for his work on the 2019 signing class.

Hart has been instrumental in the development of Indiana's running game, with the program gaining 1,888 yards and 17 rushing touchdowns in 2018. IU followed up by producing 1,695 yards and 24 TDs in 2019. The Hoosiers gained 869 yards and scored 12 TDs during the shortened 2020 campaign.

Hart developed Stevie Scott into an all-conference performer with the tailback earning second team All-Big Ten accolades the past two seasons (2019-20) after collecting honorable mention honors as a freshman.

To your point about Jay H recruiting well for the position, he will still be on the staff. So probably will still help out.

Maybe I am just being nostalgic about days where we had good teams, but for one like this hire. I guess hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

Chris Perry was better

Neither excited nor discouraged about the Hart hire. With the RPO so prevalent in college offenses, I wonder of QBs also fall under Hart's jurisdiction. Maybe his presence will influence better RBs to consider Michigan.

Word is that Harbaugh is going to coach the QB's personally

Which would be par for the course. I mean, he was an excellent QB 40 years ago

I like the hiring of Mike, but it will not make a difference if the offensive line is bad, the offensive game plan sucks, the defense can't tackle, and the DBs can't cover. I don't think running backs were a big problem for the team.

Right! I mean, the RB's could have been better. We've had several highly recruited RB's during Harbaugh's tenure that have not developed well for whatever reason or they might've missed the mark on the recruiting.

Being able to line up and run a play before the play clock hits 2 would be nice, as well.

Right! I mean, the RB's could have been better. We've had several highly recruited RB's during Harbaugh's tenure that have not developed well for whatever reason or they might've missed the mark on the recruiting.

Being able to line up and run a play before the play clock hits 2 would be nice, as well.

kinda seems like you've been waking up on the wrong side of the bed a lot lately

kinda seems like you've been waking up on the wrong side of the bed a lot lately

Nah! I'm only like that when talking about Michigan football. Why not? Michigan football is horrible right now; Brady Hoke level crap

When I discuss Michigan basketball, I'm ecstatic! Again, why not?

Definitely a difference in the feel and direction of the 2 programs unless you've got your head in the sand or are just a fanboy.

We are RE-establishing...
tapestry threads that bypass recent history
threads that go back to...
...the... ...BO... ...lineage...

Was my impersonation not close enough? Maybe I need to talk about the MOB.

I got it, but not the part about tapestry threads. I don't know what a tapestry thread is
It just seemed like the right thing to tie things back to the Bo lineage. Hopefully I'll do better when I try again in 5 years or so.

Give up hope on this. Harbaugh loves sloth paced football. He's like the Dick Bennett of football.

Back