Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rutgers' Best DB, Max Melton, Suspended

Well that is not a stat that will appear attractive to a 5 star WR, but I do appreciate sharing this info of which I am now enlightened.

It appears you are once again mistaking my comment as being something they needed to do in a different game. I was very specific that NIU was an opportunistic game to throw more, specifically at a pace that would produce a 400 yard game. That is what they did. You can continue to mock, deride, whatever...in the end, my analysis was shared by the coaches for that is what they went out and did in the 1st half.

They are wooing 5 and 4 star WRs, they needed to do what they did to show that those kids can come here and get the stats to be of interest when they enter the draft.

You are absolutely right.

I?m going to share a secret with you - the Michigan coaching staff game plans off this forum, and 5* athletes across the country plan their futures based on what is posted here.

And mostly, they all respond to what your opinions are.

Mine some, too, but I?m a distant second.

Hungry, rumseyhouse, TheWolverines24, Victors, Michamp, byco, Gulo, GBiA, KAWDUP, Monster?who leaving out? they all get a smattering of attention from the coaching staff and the 5* recruits who make their decisions based on this board?but it?s mostly, you, and me just a little bit.

You hit it right on the head when you call it last week - spot on.

Asked for 400; pretty much achieved it/proved it was easily doable by the first half production.

No need to beat a dead horse in the second half.

I don?t understand why you would think anyone is or has been mocking you at all.

It's fun to look at stats again (link).

#1 in rushing offense, overall (when was the last time we were #1 in any good offensive stat?)

Corum is #3 in rushing yards, and Haskins is 33rd. (the MSU guy is #1)
Corum is tied for 1st in rushing TDs with seven (7). Haskins tied for 27th with four (4).

Our defense has firmed up: 31st in PED, and 47th in rushing defense. Not bad considering how GAWD awful they were last year.

With WMU upsetting Pitt, and UW winning, our SOS improved as well (tho it's way too early in the season to get excited about that).

Rutgers should provide more of a test this weekend, and obviously @ UW the following week. If we can run on UW, I think we can run on anyone on the schedule.

The coaching staff is trying to achieve offensive ballance.
Hanes.gif

It's fun to look at stats again (link).

#1 in rushing offense, overall (when was the last time we were #1 in any good offensive stat?)

Corum is #3 in rushing yards, and Haskins is 33rd. (the MSU guy is #1)
Corum is tied for 1st in rushing TDs with seven (7). Haskins tied for 27th with four (4).

Our defense has firmed up: 31st in PED, and 47th in rushing defense. Not bad considering how GAWD awful they were last year.

With WMU upsetting Pitt, and UW winning, our SOS improved as well (tho it's way too early in the season to get excited about that).

Rutgers should provide more of a test this weekend, and obviously @ UW the following week. If we can run on UW, I think we can run on anyone on the schedule.

The Wisky game is undoubtedly the true test. They are currently #1 in Rush Defense. I think our OL is going to be extremely fired up for that game. Strength vs strength. Wisky averages under 2.0 ypc and 33 ypg defensively. That game is gonna get dirty in the trenches big time.

Back