Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Score one for the good guys

I did include him specifically.

he's being a kook.

to read someone try to compare "gravity," a force that can be measured, and follows certain general laws that can be observed and predicted to a belief in god or the tenets of catholicism is infuriating at this date.

I don't think "kook" is too harsh either. Did you know that he once sent me this article, and didn't understand it was a joke or why it was funny?

I missed the word "infuriating" on my 1st read. what is it that you think I think? I explicitly stated up front that I get the difference between testable knowledge and religious ideas (and I don't even feel I should have to state it). ...and you've seen this argument before, so you know it's not that I'm questioning gravity. So why are you infuriated?

(And what's with the Onion story BS?)

Last edited:
Hey Red...

piojr.jpg

Michchamp, as a graduate of Brother Rice, has an excuse for his "heresy." Cheeno has demonstrated no similar cause for his atheism.

I just wonder why you two so vehemently argue with believers about your non-belief. Go in peace.

I've seen tougher blokes than you change your minds, and maybe you will someday.

I just wonder why you two so vehemently argue with believers about your non-belief. Go in peace.

aw shucks, Red started it. How come he gets a pass for arguing with non-believers? (or as I prefer us to be called "sane, rational people.")

Red's on defense, that's why he gets a "pass." C.S. Lewis would inform you that the source of your sanity is not "thin air."

Michchamp, as a graduate of Brother Rice, has an excuse for his "heresy." Cheeno has demonstrated no similar cause for his atheism.

I've seen tougher blokes than you change your minds, and maybe you will someday.

....no athiests in a foxhole?!

$5 says he drunkenly beat the atheism out of her.

That's the way we used to do it; not really the aetheism but the paganism, or the Islam, or the heretic or the belief that the world was round, but most especially, treason against the Monarch, God's own Divine Leader on Earth (unless that monarch started to fuck with the Pope).

And we wouldn't just beat 'em, we'd kill 'em, and I mean cruelly and beyond inhumanely, we'd boil them in oil, or stretch them on the rack, or draw and quarter them, and all manner of wacky shit.

Then Martin Luther came along, and cocksucker Henry VIII.

That's when shit started to get fucked up.

That's the way we used to do it; not really the aetheism but the paganism, or the Islam, or the heretic or the belief that the world was round, but most especially, treason against the Monarch, God's own Divine Leader on Earth (unless that monarch started to fuck with the Pope).

And we wouldn't just beat 'em, we'd kill 'em, and I mean cruelly and beyond inhumanely, we'd boil them in oil, or stretch them on the rack, or draw and quarter them, and all manner of wacky shit.

Then Martin Luther came along, and cocksucker Henry VIII.

That's when shit started to get fucked up.

This is why I always roll my eyes when I read some person who thinks they are a genius because they found out their is no passage in the Qur'an that mentions 72 virgins after committing suicide to kill non-believers.

I always wonder why those people never mention how the Bible did not say to burn or drown women accused of being witches, or tossing heretics on the rack.

All religion has fucked up stuff, and all religions have very positive sides, but if WWIII ever happens, it won;t be about oil, territory, or the assassination of some archduke, it will be because too many fanatics started on both sides started too much shit.

Back