Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sko Buffs!

TheVictors

Jumping on the PRIME TRAIN in Boulder and sharing Season Tix w/my friend of 25yrs who?s a CU UNDERGRAD ?.my buddy?s son, a budding DJ in Boulder (PASH) and Sophomore student was chillin? with the new QB, Rev Deion?s son ?

All I got to say is Boulder had better be ready for the Holy Spirit!!

(Home Games vs NEB, CSU, USC, Stanford, Oregon State & Arizona) beats the line up of guests coming through A2 to play MICHIGAN ?.well, until Thanksgiving anyways.

Last edited:
While I am happy for you, and that is much better home slate than ours, I cannot share your enthusiasm for Colorado Buffalo sports.

Also, what does "sko" mean?

While I am happy for you, and that is much better home slate than ours, I cannot share your enthusiasm for Colorado Buffalo sports.

Also, what does "sko" mean?

I really don?t know?I?m going to take a guess.

It?s the Rocky Mountain State?is it a blend of ?ski? and ?go??

With the two LA teams going to the B1G?a real dumbass idea, but nobody asked me?I guess I can make Colorado my Pac however many TBD team just as well as any.

I really don?t know?I?m going to take a guess.

It?s the Rocky Mountain State?is it a blend of ?ski? and ?go??

With the two LA teams going to the B1G?a real dumbass idea, but nobody asked me?I guess I can make Colorado my Pac however many TBD team just as well as any.

I would think a rich Hollywood libtard like yourself would go with the other California teams (Cal or Stanford) or a flashy team like Oregon, before choosing Colorado.

I would think a rich Hollywood libtard like yourself would go with the other California teams (Cal or Stanford) or a flashy team like Oregon, before choosing Colorado.

Before i became a rich Hollywood limousine libtard, I was a mild mannered midwestern lad in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We once had a paperboy who was very fond of the family dog, and she was fond of him, who grew up to be our Victor?s roommate at Michigan.

So with the LA teams ?leaving? for the mid west, I?ll be happy to root for Vic?s PAC 10 team, six days a week and twice on? well, actually college almost never plays on Sunday. It?s the Lords day. And by that I mean the NFL.

no idea, SkoBuffs is sort an IPA-infused version of GO BUFFS! with a little SoCal attitude thrown in by half the students in Boulder coming from that area ...bro. or, bruh!

Deion has chosen something like "We Comin'!" but that is far too close to the propaganda coming out of Lansing these days and Mel Tucker's tagline for me to jump on, but the shake up in Boulder will be fun to watch!

Boulder is about as far removed from "Colorado" as any city in the state and I never fully realized until more recently. It's not that Boulder is more "liberal" or a "college town," it's that it's 98% WHITE ....well/super well-educated and wealthy transplants from the Northeast, Midwest and Texa-Fornia. There are NO BLACK people in Boulder and when McCartney was recruiting kids from Compton to Boulder in the 80s/90s, it only took a few police calls to The Hill before Boulder citizens started complaining and worrying about the "culture" of the AD and sports there.

Rev Sanders is shaking up the old guard and it may finally allow CU to be more like the Pac-12 programs its playing with. Guys like Carlo Kemp who grew up IN BOULDER chose MICHIGAN over CU and the best kids in the state have always left because Boulder has never been a place people of color feel comfortable.

Can't wait to tailgate a bit and check out the atmosphere. I've even extended an invitation to Shep's friend, Tinsel's old paperboy and current Principal of Tinsel's Elementary school (alma mater to the Mike Tirico kids among many others), and his wife and boys to come out for a game ...in exchange for hosting us for Thanksgiving and ohio state.

Sko bLUE, BRuH!?

Last edited:
Since Deion never learned how to tackle in his playing days, it'll be interesting see how the Buffs stack up to the rest of the non-tackling teams in the Pac 12.

Deion's opening address to the CU team was basically that most of them will be playing elsewhere in time. "I'm bringing my own luggage [players], and it's Louis [Vuitton]."

At least he was up front about it.

Deion's opening address to the CU team was basically that most of them will be playing elsewhere in time. "I'm bringing my own luggage [players], and it's Louis [Vuitton]."

we discussed this a little in the other thread.

Not sure if I posted about it there, but apparently at his prior gig, Deion was getting screwed by the university admins, who were pocketing funds earmarked for the football program (which he turned around). And he was using his own money to fund the shortfall.

I guess that could explain some of his saltiness and boasting...

Still not a good idea to dump on players you're going to be coaching, even if you didn't recruit them, as RichRod found out. Recruiting rankings and X's and O's don't matter much if you've driven your team morale into the turf.

So I'm on the fence about Deion and his chances to turn around CU.

"Hype Guys" can recruit and bring in talent, but they can't like "watch hours of film and come up with a sound gameplan" or do tedious things like "coach sound fundamentals into players" or even "accurately evaluate players"... so I'm thinking he gets CU off the mat, but never beats the better-coached PAC-12 teams.

Deion has a huge rebuilding project on his hands. The Buffs were atrocious this past season and got blown out almost every week. My best friend is from Colorado and a Buffs fan, so I'm hoping Deion can give him some enjoyable football to watch. Going to be interesting to see how the program develops over the years Deion is there.

Maybe I spent too much time working for retailers but when someone drops a brand name like "Louis" like it's supposed to be impressive, I just think, "It's Louis? Like flashy and overpriced, but made in the same factory in Bangladesh, Indonesia, or Cambodia that makes all the luggage we can in places like Kohl's, Target or Walmart?"

we discussed this a little in the other thread.

Not sure if I posted about it there, but apparently at his prior gig, Deion was getting screwed by the university admins, who were pocketing funds earmarked for the football program (which he turned around). And he was using his own money to fund the shortfall.

I guess that could explain some of his saltiness and boasting...

Still not a good idea to dump on players you're going to be coaching, even if you didn't recruit them, as RichRod found out. Recruiting rankings and X's and O's don't matter much if you've driven your team morale into the turf.

So I'm on the fence about Deion and his chances to turn around CU.

"Hype Guys" can recruit and bring in talent, but they can't like "watch hours of film and come up with a sound gameplan" or do tedious things like "coach sound fundamentals into players" or even "accurately evaluate players"... so I'm thinking he gets CU off the mat, but never beats the better-coached PAC-12 teams.

Agreed. But CU had literally none of that - Mel Tucker slash/burn followed by UCLA retread Karl Dorrell ?.Sanders is a good coach (from my crash course in how he coached the past few yrs) but to truly compete in P5 CFB, you need the Big boys in the trenches and that?s where PRIME and RichRod and other coaches ?Mike Leach (may he rest in Tortuga) whose style only goes so far. P12 plays no defense so I expect an Oregon Light scheme and maybe .500 season/Bowl

Bumping this thread because of the amount of "bad smoke" coming out of Boulder...

a few former, or soon-to-be-former CU players complaining about their treatment on twitter. One transferee is pissed b/c he claims Sanders won't let him show prospective coaches his practice tape from last season, after telling the kid to transfer.

Bumping this thread because of the amount of "bad smoke" coming out of Boulder...

a few former, or soon-to-be-former CU players complaining about their treatment on twitter. One transferee is pissed b/c he claims Sanders won't let him show prospective coaches his practice tape from last season, after telling the kid to transfer.

The Twitter responses range from "Deion is a jerk" to "where is your game film?" Life is unfair. Always was; always is; always will be. Had Don Warner been asked to leave the Michigan football program, he'd have gone to OSU with vendetta plans. Thankfully, Bo had faith in his fortitude. (second use of that word today).

Bo said Warner was "the greatest football player he ever coached." Which is a lot different than the "best."

Last edited:

I can't stand Deon Sanders. I hope he's a total disaster in Co.

Deion at least expressed his point of view in the beginning. He can be a jerk so long as he's honest about it.

Last edited:
Back