Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sko Buffs!

Now coach prime is "ashamed" of the 31 NFL teams that didn't draft an HBCU player this year (only one got drafted).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36327286/deion-sanders-ashamed-nfl-just-one-hbcu-player-picked

If grooming HBCU players is so important to him, maybe he should have stayed at Jackson State.

Eh. it's a stupid thing to say, but par for the course.

Don't grandstand about race if it leaves an obvious question like "Hey, you personally should be leading that charge, so why aren't you?" unasked.

I think it's a stupid thing to say based off of the fact that 99% of the kids at the HBCUs who have NFL ability typically transfer to D1 schools prior to the point where they could be drafted directly from said school. How many guys in the draft class had that type of background? How many of the guys from HBCUs washed out of larger schools for on reason or another that could be red flags to NFL franchises? How many of the guys got picked up as UDFAs? All honest questions that I don't know the answer to.

NFL teams scour every level of football looking for talent. Suggesting that they're not looking at HBCUs is a flat out lie and there's typically a reason those kids are at those smaller schools to begin with e.g. not good enough for D1 and/or had behavior/grades/performance issues at larger schools.

ESPN article reports a whopping 71 CU players have transferred since last August; 58 since Sanders was hired.

That's by far the most of any school, and CU is currently expected to have only 67 scholarship players on the roster this fall.

Not a good look when your AD has to issue a public statement backing the head coach before his team even plays a game...

ESPN article reports a whopping 71 CU players have transferred since last August; 58 since Sanders was hired.

That's by far the most of any school, and CU is currently expected to have only 67 scholarship players on the roster this fall.

Not a good look when your AD has to issue a public statement backing the head coach before his team even plays a game...

Well, he's bringing "Louis Vuitton." I don't know what position he plays.

Well, he's bringing "Louis Vuitton." I don't know what position he plays.

December 2022: Deion Sanders' First Team Meeting At Colorado U.

Sanders: "We got a few positions already taken care of because I?m bringing my own luggage with me. And it?s Louis, OK??
*claps hands twice*

*A dozen large men in black suits and ties, each carrying two Louis Vuitton Suitcases march into the room. Opening the suitcases, several dozen midget sized players in Colorado Buffalo uniforms leap out and assemble in front of Sanders*

Sanders: "These players have each been genetically engineered to be 5-star talent, and will grow rapidly into full-size over the next 6 months. They will complete our two deep. Everyone else here will be practice squad."

Colorado's AD and Assistant AD, eyes agog, check the THC content of their edibles

Back