Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So who else is very happy with the new power structure?

Lions can win with right gm and hc..do have it

Sheila is new blood. Who said..spielman you pick them. Never done before

Shelia is steeped in the ethos of the FMC. The board is comprised of her immediate siblings. I?ve read nothing to suggest that she?s any different than the auto execs before her.

Oh, she wants to repair the relationship with Calvin Johnson. She has to prove herself worthy of the task of removing the decades-long dysfunction from this cursed organization.

Shelia is steeped in the ethos of the FMC. The board is comprised of her immediate siblings. I?ve read nothing to suggest that she?s any different than the auto execs before her.

Oh, she wants to repair the relationship with Calvin Johnson. She has to prove herself worthy of the task of removing the decades-long dysfunction from this cursed organization.

The only way Calvin comes back is cash.

?Well, I?m not going to go into the money issue, but I hope we can repair things with Calvin Johnson,? Hamp said. ?He was obviously an amazing player for us, and we?re going to continue to reach out to him and hope that we can repair things because I think it?s important that he come back into the Lions family. We?d love if he could or he will.

?So, and we are 100 percent behind him for his Hall of Fame ballots and hope that he gets it this time. He was a great, great player and a terrific person, and we would love to have him back with us and working with us and helping us with everything.?​

This is Ford Motor Company speak. Offering zero accountability for the rift and putting it all on Calvin while claiming that they ?want him back.?

I wonder if Calvin can go into the Pro Football HOF as a Georgia Tech Yellowjacket.

?Well, I?m not going to go into the money issue, but I hope we can repair things with Calvin Johnson,? Hamp said. ?He was obviously an amazing player for us, and we?re going to continue to reach out to him and hope that we can repair things because I think it?s important that he come back into the Lions family. We?d love if he could or he will.

?So, and we are 100 percent behind him for his Hall of Fame ballots and hope that he gets it this time. He was a great, great player and a terrific person, and we would love to have him back with us and working with us and helping us with everything.?​

This is Ford Motor Company speak. Offering zero accountability for the rift and putting it all on Calvin while claiming that they ?want him back.?

I wonder if Calvin can go into the Pro Football HOF as a Georgia Tech Yellowjacket.

Depends on your POV. Calvin got all mad because he had to return bonus money he hadn't earned yet.

Calvin returning is a pipe dream that cash alone will not transform into reality. Besides, he is soon to enter the HOF, why would he? Lions are still completely dysfunctional, there is zero chance of a Super Bowl in the Lions near future. If he were to return to the NFL, he should demand a trade to the Bucs.

She is an apple that did not fall far from the tree, that is evident in that quote.

Wanna help the Lions win? Sell the team you fucking incompetent cursed lemon makers.

Depends on your POV. Calvin got all mad because he had to return bonus money he hadn't earned yet.

Was it not a signing bonus? I know that they are prorated year over year for cap purposes, but is it not a lump sum?

The Lions also made Barry return a portion of his as well. Barry was not happy with that, either.

She is an apple that did not fall far from the tree, that is evident in that quote.

Wanna help the Lions win? Sell the team you fucking incompetent cursed lemon makers.

So you'd root for the San Jose Lions? No guarantee selling would keep them in Detroit.

So you'd root for the San Jose Lions? No guarantee selling would keep them in Detroit.

Texans/Chiefs, Raiders, Browns/Ravens, Colts, Oilers/Titans, Rams, Cardinals, Chargers are the teams that have moved in my lifetime, so it?s possible.

A risk I?d take. Maybe the Lions would move back to Portsmouth.

LOL curses.

They tried a new strategy with Spielman picking the team and the team power is very dispersed. I think it's too many cooks in the kitchen but we will see how it works out

Let me know how the boogey man cursing the Fords works out for you lol

Was it not a signing bonus? I know that they are prorated year over year for cap purposes, but is it not a lump sum?

The Lions also made Barry return a portion of his as well. Barry was not happy with that, either.

Lions asked for and got $1M. From what I remember....they could have asked for a lot more. It was for the portion of the "signing bonus" that requires the player to attend a certain number of functions each year that he was no longer going to be part of.

Again, just what I read.

I think both sides look bad in the Calvin vs. Lions debacle. Lions look like butt hurt owners that are being petty. CJ looks like a whining little bitch each time he says he would be OK if the just paid him the $$. Guy was the highest paid non QB in the NFL over his 9 year career.

Pay him the money, but make him show up at 2 home games a year for the next 5 years and call it good. Everyone wins.

Honestly I don't really care one way or not. Will he help the team win more.

LOL curses.

They tried a new strategy with Spielman picking the team and the team power is very dispersed. I think it's too many cooks in the kitchen but we will see how it works out

Saying they are cursed is the same as saying they have perpetual bad luck and always will. It does not have to be a boogey man thing. Some people just have more good luck than others while some have more bad luck than others. Ford family tends to exhibit more bad luck than good. Sure, they make a few good cars, but they make their share of bad ones. They get a few good players, but they have many bad ones.

How they continue to be profitable is the big mystery.

The Jew in me feels they are cursed due to Henry Ford being an anti-Semite...but I would also like to think the family would have long ago been bankrupted for that, and since that did not happen it does not seem to be any kind of bad luck placed upon them by G-d...so I have to take it as just being a family that has perpetual bad luck, especially in terms of the Lions.

At this point, I am not opposed to bringing in a player from the Caribbean with a Jobu figure who works some anti-curse voodoo magic. LOL

Honestly I don't really care one way or not. Will he help the team win more.

No....its just bad PR for the Lions. Another disgruntled star. CJ is going to go in the HOF as a Lion....it would be nice if his speech didn't include a massive "fuck you" to the organization who's jersey he'll be wearing.

Calvin retired early for injuries and not winning in 2015 (they ended up winning some in 2016, 2017) so he was kind of wrong to retire. But I get it with the injuries.

Calvin basically fucked over Quin and Wood. As soon as they were hired, he retired. So yeah they were right to ask for the money back. And Calvin has the right to be upset too

It's already not going to be all roses and unicorns for Calvin feeling towards Detroit. He can focus on his teammates and the fans. Is he going to thank Millen for drafting him lol

LOL curses.

You think the curse is related to their on-field lack-of-performance? That?s a symptom.

This is the curse I?m talking about, and it?s nothing to snicker at: Chuck Hughes. Don McCafferty. Eric Andolsek. Mike Utley. Reggie Rogers. Charles Rogers. Trevor Bates. Titus Young. Wayne Fontes. Joe Cullen. Stanley Wilson. Reggie Brown.

Admittedly, player arrests specifically improved under Quinn, but it was not sufficient for him to retain his job.

Yes, there is a pall over this organization. Are you aware that WCF bought full ownership of the Lions on 11/22/1963? Aren?t you a bit curious as to what specific time he signed the deal? I am.

You think the curse is related to their on-field lack-of-performance? That?s a symptom.

This is the curse I?m talking about, and it?s nothing to snicker at: Chuck Hughes. Don McCafferty. Eric Andolsek. Mike Utley. Reggie Rogers. Charles Rogers. Trevor Bates. Titus Young. Wayne Fontes. Joe Cullen. Stanley Wilson. Reggie Brown.

Admittedly, player arrests specifically improved under Quinn, but it was not sufficient for him to retain his job.

Yes, there is a pall over this organization. Are you aware that WCF bought full ownership of the Lions on 11/22/1963? Aren?t you a bit curious as to what specific time he signed the deal? I am.

LOL ok put on your tin foil hat

fuck calvin. you pay him the money you think hes automatically going to give a fuck and start traveling to detroit just to show up to say hi? lol. dont pay him...forget about him.

Back