Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So who else is very happy with the new power structure?

Anyone who believes that the Lions will be fielding a winning team in '21 or '22 with a new regime and starting QB is dreaming. Even the vaunted Belichick has found out that replacing his so-called "system QB" with the "next man up" isn't at all the case this time.

There are rumors swirling in SF that the 49ers may cut Garoppolo and trade for Stafford, opening the door for a Patriot reunion with their former BU QB.

People expected Patricia to have a winning team in 2019. Cool how things change

Patricia stated that the season "begins on Thanksgiving" even before he set foot on the turf of the Lions training facility in Allen Park, that and his morbid obesity in spite of his insistence on self-discipline from his players turned me the fuck off. His arrogant yet unwarranted ego-tripping reminded me of Motorcycle Marty Mornhinweg.

Many were calling for Patricia fired after 2 seasons even with Stafford hurt 8 games. I expect you to do the same for Campbell.

Many were calling for Patricia fired after 2 seasons even with Stafford hurt 8 games. I expect you to do the same for Campbell.

Nope new regime. It wasn't just the record of Patty but the dumb things he would do. When a teams not ready and lines up 10 players 3 times in 2 weeks it falls on the HC. And their were other not so bright thinks.

Nope new regime. It wasn't just the record of Patty but the dumb things he would do. When a teams not ready and lines up 10 players 3 times in 2 weeks it falls on the HC. And their were other not so bright thinks.

That was 2020. You all called for his head prior to 2020. Patricia changed his attitude from 2018 into 2019. Slay, Diggs, Snacks are complainers. Nobody ever bought into the defense and knew how to execute it. Didn't work out and year 3 taught us that with Pats players in the fold. Missing the Gilmore, McCourty, KVN and Hightower type though so it didn't work.

So what. Many of us did that because if was obvious to anyone who knows ANYTHING about football that his scheme/style/ability wasn't working out and we were getting WORSE with each game. Even without Stafford.

He coached not to lose. His scheme relied HEAVILY on rushing the passer and did next to nothing to improve that. He alienated and traded away anyone who questioned his ways....even though most of the players were RIGHT. He drafted poorly. He was a failure in every way.

If Campbell is the same, I'm sure of 2 things....

1. This board will recognize it and blast him accordingly (shit, Hughes will the first time we lose a coin toss).
2. You will NOT recognize it and defend him.

Death. Taxes. Your excuses.

That was 2020. You all called for his head prior to 2020. Patricia changed his attitude from 2018 into 2019. Slay, Diggs, Snacks are complainers. Nobody ever bought into the defense and knew how to execute it. Didn't work out and year 3 taught us that with Pats players in the fold. Missing the Gilmore, McCourty, KVN and Hightower type though so it didn't work.

What's the different he was terrible and did dumb things throughout. Just like Caldwell on that GB Hail Mary. Or head coaches taking the wind etc.. Why do we get all these brain dead head coaches.

Last edited:
You are all claiming we should give them 3 years. And then you don't

Hell you wanted Caldwell gone after 9-7 playoff seasons (and so did Quinn). You wanted Caldwell gone after 7-9 then he proved you wrong in 2016.

NOBODY is allowed to call for Campbell to be fired until after 2023 season.

You are reactionary creatures that focus on certain little things and bury your head in the sand on many other things. Observe everything this time.

Last edited:
I think we need to give LKP a pass today as he wrestles with the departure of his HOF QB.

Hope you all enjoy Tyrod Taylor. You are going to regret this trade

Hope you all enjoy Tyrod Taylor. You are going to regret this trade

It?s not personal with Stafford. Strictly business. And I remind you that HE WANTS TO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE BESIDES DETROIT.

Where is your contempt of Stafford in wanting to leave the Lions?

It?s not personal with Stafford. Strictly business. And I remind you that HE WANTS TO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE BESIDES DETROIT.

Where is your contempt of Stafford in wanting to leave the Lions?

He deserves to make that request. he was really good and put his heart and soul into this team. I love that it was his decision not the front office

Talking about the fans will regret it for wanting it to happen. They will miss him big time, especially if the rookie QB we select is awful

He deserves to make that request. he was really good and put his heart and soul into this team. I love that it was his decision not the front office

Talking about the fans will regret it for wanting it to happen. They will miss him big time, especially if the rookie QB we select is awful

Some wanted Stafford to leave for his own sake.

Others thought that he was not the QB of the future.

Others thought his value had declined, or was about to.

Other’s figured that 12 years was enough of a sample size.

Still others, like me, didn’t care one way or the other, because the Lions’ ownership is incapable of building a championship team, which is the entire point of being a professional sports franchise.

The last point is the one you refuse to even consider.

EDIT: “Thank you again for your continued support of the Lions and please know that giving you a championship football team is the singular goal for me and my family.” Martha Ford, 2015.

That was six years ago. It’s been 57 years and no championships for this ownership. I think we’ve seen what it is capable of.

Last edited:
They can build a winner with right GM/HC choices. Did they make the right one using Spielmans help this time. We shall see

Chiefs went like 50 years and look at them now too

Some wanted Stafford to leave for his own sake.

Others thought that he was not the QB of the future.

Others thought his value had declined, or was about to.

Other?s figured that 12 years was enough of a sample size.

Still others, like me, didn?t care one way or the other, because the Lions? ownership is incapable of building a championship team, which is the entire point of being a professional sports franchise.

The last point is the one you refuse to even consider.

EDIT: ?Thank you again for your continued support of the Lions and please know that giving you a championship football team is the singular goal for me and my family.? Martha Ford, 2015.

That was six years ago. It?s been 57 years and no championships for this ownership. I think we?ve seen what it is capable of.

That?s bull crap on the face of it.

It may be their main goal with regard to their business with the Lions, but it?s absurd to say that it?s your singular goal.

Their primary goal is to maintain the value of Ford motor company stock, and the amount of the dividends their stocks pay them over the course of time.

You are all claiming we should give them 3 years. And then you don't

Hell you wanted Caldwell gone after 9-7 playoff seasons (and so did Quinn). You wanted Caldwell gone after 7-9 then he proved you wrong in 2016.

NOBODY is allowed to call for Campbell to be fired until after 2023 season.

You are reactionary creatures that focus on certain little things and bury your head in the sand on many other things. Observe everything this time.

Lighten up, Francis.

They can build a winner with right GM/HC choices. Did they make the right one using Spielmans help this time. We shall see

Chiefs went like 50 years and look at them now too

The Fords do not own the Chiefs. The Family With the Guy who Founded the American Football League does. The guy who NAMED the Super Bowl. The guy with the AFC Championship Trophy named after him. The guy who engineered a merger of two football leagues.

That family owns the Chiefs.

The family that owns the Lions makes trucks and a muscle car.

Lions can win with right gm and hc..do have it

Sheila is new blood. Who said..spielman you pick them. Never done before

Back