Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sons of Anarchy

It wasn't 3 hours long.

76 mins sans commercial interruptions. 90 minutes broadcast.

The final 5 mins or so were a letdown and kind of cheesy, but I suppose there was not really any way to end it that would have been much better, since we knew from last week what was going to happen in the end anyways.

Son of a bitch.

Son of a bitch!

EDIT: I just watched the last ten minutes; I had DVR'd it.

My impression is the whole thing is pretty much an adaptation of Hamlet.

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently...whooooooole lot of people had this idea waaaaaaay before I came up with it, after watching the first episode, and the last ten minutes of the finale...

Last edited:
Son of a bitch.

Son of a bitch!

EDIT: I just watched the last ten minutes; I had DVR'd it.

My impression is the whole thing is pretty much an adaptation of Hamlet.

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently...whooooooole lot of people had this idea waaaaaaay before I came up with it, after watching the first episode, and the last ten minutes of the finale...

Interesting article.

I really missed the Jax as Jesus/crucifixion pose at the end.

And I never noticed the reaper image of him under the blanket on the steps of the jail.

Last edited:
Hey in 7 season that guy was on screen for about a total of 3 minutes, that makes it totally relevant!

Interesting article.

I really missed the Jax as Jesus/crucifixion pose at the end.

And I never noticed the reaper image of him under the blanket on the steps of the jail.

Well, the homeless woman was supposed to be the reaper, so yeah. I watched the Anarchy Afterword and Charlie Hunham (however you spell it) said that Kurt Sutter didn't want him to hold his arms out like that, but he did it anyway.

Also, the truck driver that hit Jax is also the one who gave Gemma a ride...which ended with Jax killing her. The idea that the driver killed Jax in interesting. I don't believe in fate, but it's an awesome part of movies/tv.

I've seen some people in other forums and articles talk about how it was satanic or evil. The Grim Reaper is neither evil nor is it good. It just is.

I've seen some people in other forums and articles talk about how it was satanic or evil. The Grim Reaper is neither evil nor is it good. It just is.

Yeah, just got a job to do and he/she does it.

Don't fear the reaper.

Well, the homeless woman was supposed to be the reaper, so yeah. I watched the Anarchy Afterword and Charlie Hunham (however you spell it) said that Kurt Sutter didn't want him to hold his arms out like that, but he did it anyway.

Also, the truck driver that hit Jax is also the one who gave Gemma a ride...which ended with Jax killing her. The idea that the driver killed Jax in interesting. I don't believe in fate, but it's an awesome part of movies/tv.

The homeless woman was the reaper, yet she was also Jesus. Hence the bread and wine. And the conversations she often had with Gemma, Tara, Jax, Wendy, etc.

Also the truck driver was Michael Chiklis or however you spell it, who was Vic Mackey from The Sheild. Kurt Sutter was a producer on it before Sons. Several others from the show had been guest stars most notably Walter Goggins who played Tiggs tranny lover Venus VanDamm.

Back