Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sources: NCAA investigating Michigan football for alleged rule violations related to

Also, if the NCAA is so worried about sign stealing then implement helmet communications. It's not hard and you have plenty of money to do it. Pretty dumb it hasn't been done already.

Every team is attempting to steal signals and every team is doing their best to code them, change them, etc. to avoid them being stolen. Just do away with it all and use coach-to-player helmet communications.

A friend of mine who has somewhat of a following (he writes a blog and does a podcast on Milwaukee/UW sports) posted a comment that complaining about sign stealing when you play in front of 100,000 person crowds, and on TV each week is the whiniest bullshit thing you could say after a loss.

RGIII and a bunch of other athletes have said the same thing. It's nice to have public opinion on your side, and it makes more people realize the NCAA's actions against us are starting to look like a witch hunt

You know who does this better than Michigan??.........Georgia. Let's take a little walk down memory lane. UGA knew every play that was coming in the 1st half of that playoff. Their DBs were good, but they jumped every route that game. The DLine was in the blocking lanes before the RBs got the ball. The defense that was already fast as shit made faster because of knowing the call. I remember my words during the game or after, when I said that Kirby scouted us way better than Harbaugh did them. It seemed they knew exactly what was coming.

Dirty rotten cheaters!

I knew after going 2-4 in 2020 and losing a ton of talent and switching a lot of the staff, they didn't miraculously get top 5 good. Harbaugh is already a known cheater, so this is just more cheating. Sickening, pathetic. and dirty.

If Michigan has one ounce of character, class, or dignity, they'd suspend Harbaugh indefinitely right now. The fact he's being allowed to coach one more play at Michigan is proof that fair play and integrity mean zero to the University of Michigan. The fact they'll wait for the NCAA or the Big Ten to suspend him when he's already under investigation for Level 1 violations tells you everything you need to know about what's important there. Disgusting. Last year is getting totally vacated when it;s all said and done.

Here was I counting on J22, once again emerging from the morass, to bring the esoteric intel on these developments (which curiously broke this week of all weeks) but he disappoints once again with a histrionic rant about "integrity," "fair play," and "disgust." Ever the moralist, with no consideration of "evidence," "due process," or "due diligence."

He is the Major Tetley of this forum.

You know who does this better than Michigan??.........Georgia. Let's take a little walk down memory lane. UGA knew every play that was coming in the 1st half of that playoff. Their DBs were good, but they jumped every route that game. The DLine was in the blocking lanes before the RBs got the ball. The defense that was already fast as shit made faster because of knowing the call. I remember my words during the game or after, when I said that Kirby scouted us way better than Harbaugh did them. It seemed they knew exactly what was coming.

That Georgia defense was historically great. As in probably the best college defense of all time. They had 7 (!!!!) first round draft picks in 2022 and they would've had an 8th that probably is the second highest pick if Nakobe Dean hadn't had injury concerns. And he still went in the 3rd round.They had another 2 first round picks in the 2022 draft.

That Georgia team was just better than that Michigan team, especially with Cade at QB. They could've given Michigan their defensive playbook and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Dirty rotten cheaters!

I knew after going 2-4 in 2020 and losing a ton of talent and switching a lot of the staff, they didn't miraculously get top 5 good. Harbaugh is already a known cheater, so this is just more cheating. Sickening, pathetic. and dirty.

LOL, your crappy team was 2-5 in 2020, and improved to 11-2 in a year, and we KNOW your coach wasn't any good...

1. Philly special on the 2
2. Blown assignment by Mullings on philly special on the 2
3. 2 pick-sixes
4. Fumble on goal line

The defense gave up 37 points, held Duggan to 225 yards passing at 50% completion percentage and (as you mentioned) forced 3 turnovers. Sure, they gave up 5 TDs but they also did enough to win if the offense hadn't spotted TCU 14 points.

The offense left, at minimum, 6 points on the field. It would be fair to say 10 if you take the field goal on the first drive and don't fumble after the egregious replay overturn of Roman's TD.

If any 1 of those things don't happen Michigan wins that game. If 2 don't happen they win it easily. If none of them happen they win by 3+ scores. Literally everyone who watched that game with the exception of TCU, MSU and OSU fans know that Michigan gave away a game they should've won. Don't @ me with your moronic takes anymore.

Bullshit, this is perhaps the most moronic take possible "if we don't make our mistakes but TCU still makes all of theirs, we win that game. Everyone except TCU, OSU and MSU fans can see that." That's a whole new level of stupid.

First, you realize that if you don't call the Philly Special on 4th & 2, you're not guaranteed to score, right? At best you can say the offense left 3 points on the field, not 6. And in that case, you still lose.

I'm saying this as a guy who was pulling for uofm - I'm just not looking at the world through maize colored glasses.

For every argument you made for uofm winning that game there's an argument that can be made for TCU winning by double digits. Any one of their several miscues don't happen and uofm loses by 13+.

TCU gave up as many points on turnovers as uofm - it's a wash, uofm didn't "spot" TCU 14 points. uofm didn't outplay them and lose on a couple errors. They trailed by double digits most of the way, got a little unlucky early then got lucky when they needed it but fell short in the end.

The game was all but over w/ TCU up 2 TDs w/ 6:30 left in the game. They went prevent and gave up another TD giving uofm fans hope but then they chewed up clock and shut down uofm ending their comeback bid.

Last edited:
Pete Thamel jerks off Urban Meyer/OSU at every chance. Anything he says needs to be viewed through that lens. That article is full of more conjecture and insinuations than the Yahoo article and provides nothing to support any of their claims. Don't read ESPN, they're the CNN of sports "journalism".

LOLOLOLOL I guess you didn't realize ESPN's OTL report is your source for impugning Dantonio. So now ESPN is a garbage source. The thoroughly debunked OTL report is bible but anything negative about uofm is biased garbage. Classic.

You kind of sound like an OSU fan that says they should have won against GA. If you give away the game, you still deserve to lose.

They didn't give away the game anymore than TCU tried to give it away. Both teams made mistakes, it was a sloppy game. uofm didn't deserve it any more than TCU did and they would have suffered the same fate against UGA, perhaps worse.

From ESPN:

"Around Michigan's football building, Stalions is known to technically work in the recruiting department under director of recruiting Albert Karschnia. But a source said it was known in the building that he spent much of his time deciphering opponents' signals, often watching television copies of opponents' games. On Stalions' Instagram page, there are photos of him on the sideline next to two of Michigan's former defensive playcallers, Don Brown and Mike Macdonald.

Oh my god! He watched TV copies of games?!!! The horror and the absolutely no breaking of any rule there!

Call your children and make sure they are ok.

see post #31, ESPN sourced material not allowed, unless it's the debunked OTL report.

LOLOLOLOL I guess you didn't realize ESPN's OTL report is your source for impugning Dantonio. So now ESPN is a garbage source. The thoroughly debunked OTL report is bible but anything negative about uofm is biased garbage. Classic.

Didn't I tell you to stop @ me if you're just going to continue with your useless bullshit? It's hilariously hypocritical of you to demand sources from everyone all the time then provide none yourself. I'm just supposed to take your word on it that the OTL report was "debunked" even when you can't provide one single piece of evidence to discredit what was reported. 1 interrogation video that contested a single sentence from the entire article but fine, Appling wasn't a scumbag yet.

On top of never providing any references to support your claims you also continue to rely on verifiably false claims (e.g. Mazi was in a school zone) as the foundation of your argument and supplement it with vague or unverifiable assertions as if they're indisputable facts (e.g. Jim runs a dirty program and lied to the NCAA). My favorite part is how your moral compass points south when a coach buys a burger but true north when a coach does't have an issue with guys getting DUIs.

Seriously, go touch grass and stop obsessing over Michigan. Hilarious you'd accuse anyone of looking through "maize-colored glasses" when it's abundantly clear that you can't separate your hatred for Michigan from your ability to reason.

Michigan suspends the dirty cheating scumbag Stalion indefinitely. First of many to come.

Harbaugh's time at Michigan is coming to an end. You know it, I know it, he knows it.

Also, if the NCAA is so worried about sign stealing then implement helmet communications. It's not hard and you have plenty of money to do it. Pretty dumb it hasn't been done already.

Every team is attempting to steal signals and every team is doing their best to code them, change them, etc. to avoid them being stolen. Just do away with it all and use coach-to-player helmet communications.

Teams would just tap into the helmet communications of their opponents. Then they would have to start hiring Navajo Code Talkers to translate their signals into code only they could understand.

With the combined level of talent on the team do you really think that Michigan needed to steal signs to beat the teams they have beaten this year? Come on! If they were stealing signs they should have beaten these teams a lot worse than what they did. As my ol Grandma use to say "Get the hell outta here with that crap".

Didn't I tell you to stop @ me if you're just going to continue with your useless bullshit? It's hilariously hypocritical of you to demand sources from everyone all the time then provide none yourself. I'm just supposed to take your word on it that the OTL report was "debunked" even when you can't provide one single piece of evidence to discredit what was reported. 1 interrogation video that contested a single sentence from the entire article but fine, Appling wasn't a scumbag yet.

You can't spew bullshit then tell people not to come at you for spewing bullshit - it doesn't work like that. You don't get credit for providing sources when your sources are garbage, particularly when you yourself say your source is garbage. If you want my source, do as I told you and go back to the original thread - this has all been discussed ad nauseum on this forum. There were two independent investigations that cleared Dantonio of any wrongdoing and the crap you cite in the OTL report is all unconfirmed. Dantonio denies being told what you quoted about Robertson and the guy who supposedly said it didn't confirm it either. It's on the record here already, if you refuse to accept that's on you.

On top of never providing any references to support your claims you also continue to rely on verifiably false claims (e.g. Mazi was in a school zone) as the foundation of your argument and supplement it with vague or unverifiable assertions as if they're indisputable facts (e.g. Jim runs a dirty program and lied to the NCAA). My favorite part is how your moral compass points south when a coach buys a burger but true north when a coach does't have an issue with guys getting DUIs.

Ummm no, the foundation of my argument is Mazi was carrying an illegally possessed firearm with enough ammo to kill 50 people while also driving recklessly, not that he was in school zone. Also, I never said he was in a school zone. I said he was speeding through a residential zone, past a school. If that detail is slightly off, it doesn't change what he did one bit. You're the dope that thinks it somehow exonerates him for his obviously dangerous and criminal behavior. Then you wave your hands and post a bunch of whataboutisms and accuse me of saying DUI is no big deal which I clearly never did.

Seriously, go touch grass and stop obsessing over Michigan. Hilarious you'd accuse anyone of looking through "maize-colored glasses" when it's abundantly clear that you can't separate your hatred for Michigan from your ability to reason.

LOLOLOLOLOL - pointing out the fact that uofm got beat by TCU in an attempt to keep you from embarrassing yourself and looking like a butt hurt whiney homer is "obsessing over michigan." OK.

Last edited:
With the combined level of talent on the team do you really think that Michigan needed to steal signs to beat the teams they have beaten this year? Come on! If they were stealing signs they should have beaten these teams a lot worse than what they did. As my ol Grandma use to say "Get the hell outta here with that crap".

That's one of the main things that I can't make make sense. These coaches say Michigan has been doing this for years. Doesn't explain how Michigan found themselves down 7-0 Indiana after a quarter, losing to PSU 17-14 at the half last year, struggling with Maryland, in '21 they beat Rutgers 20-17 at home. So what, they're waiting until halftime or the 4th quarter to start taking advantage of this? That's one part that doesn't add up.

The other part that doesn't add up, and it's hilarious how moronic some OSU fans sound, is that there have been some reports that basically say "Ya, OSU knew about this before the game last year and they changed their signals because of it". Then the OSU fans point to that as proof that it happened while also trying to insert it as the latest excuse as to why they got their asses kicked.

Based on what information has come to light today, it sounds like the most likely scenario was this staffer's job was to scout other teams' signals using TV copies and do the same during games in real time. It also sounds like he took it a step further on his own by recruiting people to attend the games of future opponents. The part that isn't clear is what those people did and if they were compensated in some way for doing so. At worst this dude was sending dedicated scouts to games and footing the bill for everything. It could also be something as simple as the dude networking with people who were already attending these games and asking them to do x, y & z.

I did see Zach Shaw (247 Sports, so likely corroborated with Sam Webb) tweeted that Connor Stallions has been suspended WITH PAY. That seems to me like Michigan is essentially removing the possibility of any further accusations while also not conceding any wrongdoing.

We probably won't know anything else until late January at this point. Michigan has 90 days to respond and my guess is they take the entire time as a fuck you to the NCAA. Unless they can squash this quickly and humiliate the NCAA even worse that is.

Back