Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

see, the Lions NEED a defense. That game yesterday was won by the defense.

Yes. Brady was good, and will get most of the attention because of who he is.....but that Bucs defense was awesome. LB's were everywhere.....secondary played well. DL was dominant against a beat up KC line.

I miss watching LB's make plays. It's been years, probably since Levy, that the Lions have had a LB that was noticeable on game days.

see, the Lions NEED a defense. That game yesterday was won by the defense.

Amazing what Maholmes looks like without Hill getting open or him being well protected. Toe injury didn't help though

Bucs built a nice defense for sure and peaked at right time. And they had a run game. 150 yards rushing.

Glad Lions have 5 1st round picks in next 3 years to build a defense and a new GM that should be good on day 2.

Amazing what Maholmes looks like without Hill getting open or him being well protected. Toe injury didn't help though

Bucs built a nice defense for sure and peaked at right time. And they had a run game. 150 yards rushing.

Glad Lions have 5 1st round picks in next 3 years to build a defense and a new GM that should be good on day 2.

That guy was running for his damn life and still made some amazing throws. Legit should have had two or three big plays but his receivers dropped them. So much respect for what he did.

That guy was running for his damn life and still made some amazing throws. Legit should have had two or three big plays but his receivers dropped them. So much respect for what he did.

Agreed. He still played well considering. Drops is another thing too that can hurt a QB.

Makes QB rating and QB stats look like a garbage QB which is all these years I wanted you all to look at more than stats when analyzing Stafford. But oh well. Let's see what Goff can do. Can we got 100 QB rating supported Goff or will he look like garbage with no WR, run game or defensive(turnovers) support

Most QB's would have had 7 sacks and 2 or 3 INT's with that kind of pressure.

I wonder what excuses you would have made for Stafford with both T out, the drops and the kind of pressure Mahomes was seeing on an every down basis.

That was a game where the stats won't tell the story. The O-line cost KC a legit shot at back to back Super Bowl wins.

Agreed. He still played well considering. Drops is another thing too that can hurt a QB.

Makes QB rating and QB stats look like a garbage QB which is all these years I wanted you all to look at more than stats when analyzing Stafford. But oh well. Let's see what Goff can do. Can we got 100 QB rating supported Goff or will he look like garbage with no WR, run game or defensive(turnovers) support

Cephus and Geranimo Allison have DC's pissing themselves. How do you double both of them??

Most QB's would have had 7 sacks and 2 or 3 INT's with that kind of pressure.

I wonder what excuses you would have made for Stafford with both T out, the drops and the kind of pressure Mahomes was seeing on an every down basis.

That was a game where the stats won't tell the story. The O-line cost KC a legit shot at back to back Super Bowl wins.

Yeah its a reason they lost for sure. The point is, Maholmes is not bad, he just looked like garbage stat wise because of his team. Which is my whole point with Stafford

Yeah its a reason they lost for sure. The point is, Maholmes is not bad, he just looked like garbage stat wise because of his team. Which is my whole point with Stafford

Dont worry...when Stafford loses the division to Wilson we will be sure to let you know about it.

Dont worry...when Stafford loses the division to Wilson we will be sure to let you know about it.

If they are wild card and do what the Bucs just did, well then what. You better wait until Rams get eliminated from playoffs

I'm sure Bucs ok with Saints winning division

If they are wild card and do what the Bucs just did, well then what. You better wait until Rams get eliminated from playoffs

I'm sure Bucs ok with Saints winning division

Sure..
And if he gets the wild card and loses to the packers because of overthrows and red zone ints...he wil just be the same guy he's been the first 12 years of his career. Im sure you'll just blame the defense and amount of smog in LA.

IKR. He gave us a SB, no well at least he gave us some playoff wins at worse a division title, nope on all accounts. Had some decent years had some bad years and some average years. 2011, imo still his best year. 41 TD's baby, where was that guy.

Nice guy for sure, but Stafford is not a winner. More talented than most NFL QBs, but he doesn't have that intangible quality to make those around him play above their actually ability.
Hope the Rams lose every game for the next 2 seasons.

Pro bowl alternate to MVP, should be fun to watch.

Rams probably won’t be playing from behind as much, less opportunity to pad stats.

Pro bowl alternate to MVP, should be fun to watch.

Rams probably won?t be playing from behind as much, less opportunity to pad stats.

I know that their defense will help the QB get in better short field positions at times but I wonder how much D really does help a QB. Might get him more wins but I still think he's Staff. So however we feel about him for better or worse he's going to be very similar. Imo.

Back