Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Star Trek

hate to see other actors play Spock, Bones, Kirk, Scotty, etc. etc.

they need to either move to a different theme at the same time, or a different time. Like 100 years after The Next Generation, or something.

get known actors that liked the original to do parts. How sweet would a movie about Starfleet Academy starring Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks be? good acting, decent budget, good script... winner.

One of the reason why I watched Star Trek was because the actors played the roles of Kirk, Spock, Bones etc. It wouldn't be the same if the names were Jamey, Spinner and Nubs..

One of the reason why I watched Star Trek was because the actors played the roles of Kirk, Spock, Bones etc. It wouldn't be the same if the names were Jamey, Spinner and Nubs..

Its_green.jpg

"I'll drink to that, laddy."

you think Tinsel is reading this thread?

I don't get the sense he's much of a star trek fan, but that might mean it's good to get his take on this.

He's more Kirk than Spock on the emotional/logical spectrum.

you think Tinsel is reading this thread?

I don't get the sense he's much of a star trek fan, but that might mean it's good to get his take on this.

He's more Kirk than Spock on the emotional/logical spectrum.

How about Patrick Stewart?

Last edited:
or maybe Q.

Tinsel is the board's version of Q. He shows up in threads playing devil's advocate and messing with everyone

Ok, I had to go get tickets. It is coming out on the 10th anniversary of when I met my wife. She is a huge fan. Only problem was getting tickets actually on the 17th as there is no chance of getting someone to watch our son, so I got them for the 1PM showing on the 18th. I'll just give her the tickets on the 17th, which she will love that I am so loving and caring as to not only remember to do something nice for the anniversary but was mindful of our son's needs. :D

All I will say is FINALLY back to back solid Star Trek movies!!!

You must have hated the previous one too then. This was a very well done continuation down the current timeline.

And now Star Wars is going to look just like it. Lens flares and crooked camera angles.

Same effects were used in the previous movie, so it is logical that they would be used in this one.

Same effects were used in the previous movie, so it is logical that they would be used in this one.

Yeah, I know. Same effects and camera angles are used in all his movies/TV shows.

It's overly gimmicky, and cheap looking.

You must have hated the previous one too then. This was a very well done continuation down the current timeline.

No, i actually liked the last one. i cant elaborate on why i despise it so much without spoilers, so i wont.

No, i actually liked the last one. i cant elaborate on why i despise it so much without spoilers, so i wont.

Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, there were a few annoying things about it, I just thought it was pretty solid overall. You obviously feel quite the opposite.

Back