Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Lions supposedly want Gase

I would think they would find the GM first and the new GM would have some input on the HC. It is the Lions though so you can never tell.

I would think they would find the GM first and the new GM would have some input on the HC. It is the Lions though so you can never tell.

Exactly. It doesn't make sense to hire a coach until you've hired your GM.

The guy was the hot coach 2 years ago i believe?? Now it's a dumb idea because the Lions "may" be interested? Stfu lol

The guy was the hot coach 2 years ago i believe?? Now it's a dumb idea because the Lions "may" be interested? Stfu lol

I can't speak for why others don't want him but shouldn't you hire a GM first?

I can't speak for why others don't want him but shouldn't you hire a GM first?

I agree, Mitch!! Caldwell is still the HC of this trainwreck lol. Lets see him out the door before anybody else pops up. This is the way of the NFL though. The more you lose, the more names keep coming up for possible hires. Of course with this fanbase, it doesn't matter if they re-incarnate Vince Lombardi because it's going to be a shit hire regardless....

I agree, Mitch!! Caldwell is still the HC of this trainwreck lol. Lets see him out the door before anybody else pops up. This is the way of the NFL though. The more you lose, the more names keep coming up for possible hires. Of course with this fanbase, it doesn't matter if they re-incarnate Vince Lombardi because it's going to be a shit hire regardless....

well, they have an established history of "shit hires"..why would you expect anything different?

He hasn't done anything. Dumb idea. He gets all kinds of praise for working on Cutler... Cutler blows, he had a couple good games. This is so bad on so many levels but its the Lions. As long as the Fords are running things, we will be more of the same. Can't wait for our super bowl, the draft, we get there every year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He hasn't done anything. Dumb idea. He gets all kinds of praise for working on Cutler... Cutler blows, he had a couple good games. This is so bad on so many levels but its the Lions. As long as the Fords are running things, we will be more of the same. Can't wait for our super bowl, the draft, we get there every year.

All you have against him is he's worked with Cutler only? Do more research.

That's a great assessment, buddy. Cutler!!! That's what he's done eh??? Just Cutler!!! Lmfao....wow

And you're the one who wants Cowher here, right? Ya...that was you lol

Don't mind Tony he thinks whoever the Lions are considering is the next great one. I remember him going blasting when someone criticized the Wiz. The guy ended up bolting to Tennesee where he promptly got fired. Then he switched his allegance to Caldwell and we all know how that turns out.

Don't mind Tony he thinks whoever the Lions are considering is the next great one. I remember him going blasting when someone criticized the Wiz. The guy ended up bolting to Tennesee where he promptly got fired. Then he switched his allegance to Caldwell and we all know how that turns out.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you got me, fuckstick!! Lol. I was on board with the Wiz. So what, hillbilly?! What's your point? He looked like he was going to be a solid hire at the time. He bailed....enter Caldwell. I was cool with that as well. Again, your point?! You don't have one...lol. Or maybe i can be as cool as you and shit on every single move this organization makes and i can have a circle of friends on a fucking message board that agree with me? That about right? Sure is!! Lol

Anyways, i'm not on or off board with Gase. All i know is that he's got himself a good name around the NFL as being one of the brightest offensive minds in football. The guy was a hot commodity a couple of years back. This board would have creamed if he would have gotten the HC job here. The Bears are brutal but they put up points most days. Gase is a part of that.
On the other hand, i don't think he's ever won a SB as a coach. So yeah, he's pure garbage lol

Last edited:
Back