Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Lions supposedly want Gase

Who do you want.

Honestly, man....i haven't even thought about it lol. I would like to see who's available really. We're going to start hearing names more and more as the season closes though.

I lied (a little)....one name that has crossed my mind briefly : John Harbaugh

Last edited:
Honestly, man....i haven't even thought about it lol. I would like to see who's available really. We're going to atart hearing names more and more as the season closes though.

I lied (a little)....one name that has crossed my mind briefly : John Harbaugh

That would be the dream hire.

Dabo Sweeney

tumblr_nxrao1jzGJ1rq9djho2_400.jpg

All you have against him is he's worked with Cutler only? Do more research.
I have and he hasn't done anything, just like the last hires this organization executed. It's typical and obvious this organization hasn't a clue. Yes, it's a rumor but it fits.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm tired of them hiring coaches who can fix Stafford.

He is who he is and no one is fixing him. The O needs to be built to maximize his strengths, which means max OL protection and a running game opponents have to respect.

He can obviously put up yards, but the mistake continually being made is relying on his arm every down as though playing a video game. A balanced but aggressive offense would be ideal.

Stafford just makes too many bad decisions. I think it was the play right before the 2 minute warning that stands out to me the most. He does a nice job of getting away from a defender to avoid a sack then he proceeds to throw a 10-15 yard pass across his body that hit the defender right between the numbers. It was FIRST FREAKING down...throw the ball away or run for 3-5 yards. STUPID!

I'm tired of them hiring coaches who can fix Stafford.

He is who he is and no one is fixing him. The O needs to be built to maximize his strengths, which means max OL protection and a running game opponents have to respect.

He can obviously put up yards, but the mistake continually being made is relying on his arm every down as though playing a video game. A balanced but aggressive offense would be ideal.

You're tired of it??? Lol. Ok. The only guys coming in to supposedly "fix" Stafford was Caldwell and Lombardi. Cooter too i guess. Schwartz was a defensive coach. Cmon!!

And for Teryl Austin lovers, like me, Harbaugh had him on staff before could keep him around barring any better offers Austin might have thrown his way.

Count me as one of the Austin lovers. I want him working with that young secondary for as long as possible,

You're tired of it??? Lol. Ok. The only guys coming in to supposedly "fix" Stafford was Caldwell and Lombardi. Cooter too i guess. Schwartz was a defensive coach. Cmon!!

Stop lashing out everyone because you think everyone is anti-Lions or anti-Stafford. Take a yoga breath and read what I posted.

The guys who were supposed to "fix" Stafford made things worse. Let him be who he is and give him what he needs to succeed, protection and a run game so the D isn't aiming for him every down. So fix the OL, because the wins have come when they protect Stafford and run the ball effectively. Do those 2 things even better, the wins will come.

Stop lashing out everyone because you think everyone is anti-Lions or anti-Stafford. Take a yoga breath and read what I posted.

The guys who were supposed to "fix" Stafford made things worse. Let him be who he is and give him what he needs to succeed, protection and a run game so the D isn't aiming for him every down. So fix the OL, because the wins have come when they protect Stafford and run the ball effectively. Do those 2 things even better, the wins will come.

Has nothing to do with anti-Lions, dummy. And dont tell me what to do.

Stafford hasn't been worse. His OLine is worse

the only thing that "fixes" a qb is a good oline and a consistent offensive system. Were about to see Stafford in his 4th offensive scheme in 4 years. Lions....the model of consistency! BWahahahahaha.

Dude is in his 7th year....these shitty "qb gurus" aren't fixing shit. You honestly think Peytons back up in college knows what the fuck hes doing enough to "fix" a 7 year starter in the NFL??? Dude has never thrown a pass in the NFL lol.

Has nothing to do with anti-Lions, dummy. And dont tell me what to do.

Stafford hasn't been worse. His OLine is worse

Chill out man, I'm even more tired of the internet bullying BS than I am if the Lions losing. There is zero excuse for the name calling internet bullying BS. I'm not opposed to mods banning it at all because it serves no purpose.

You get torqued up because of what you perceive as anti-Lions rhetoric.

Stafford didn't have a great OL when he threw for 5000 yards. He has never had a great OL. His production since they tried to fix him has dropped. I'm not blaming Stafford, I'm blaming coaches for focusing on the wrong thing. They need to fix the OL. See? We agree...yet you blindly lash out for no reason.

It solves nothing. Your contributions are good, IMO...but the bullying is tiresome and old. It is ok to allow others to have a different opinion and simply agree to disagree. The name calling and aggressive attacking is just not acceptable anymore. Not just by you, but everyone. Its time we figure out better ways to communicate, online and in person.

In an attempt to get back on topic:

For those (or the one guy?) citing Cutler as a reason not to hire Gase, Cutler has had a shittier O-Line than Stafford for the better part of the last few years. And if the season ended today, Cutler's QBR would be a career high for a season.

I'm not saying Gase is the answer, frankly I don't know anything beyond his basic resume. Just saying, using Jay Cutler as a reason to like him OR dislike him seems silly.

the only thing that "fixes" a qb is a good oline and a consistent offensive system. Were about to see Stafford in his 4th offensive scheme in 4 years. Lions....the model of consistency! BWahahahahaha.

Dude is in his 7th year....these shitty "qb gurus" aren't fixing shit. You honestly think Peytons back up in college knows what the fuck hes doing enough to "fix" a 7 year starter in the NFL??? Dude has never thrown a pass in the NFL lol.

Stafford doesn't need fixing

Uh, what? He doesn't need fixing? Other than pocket awareness, horrible feel for pressure, holding onto the ball way too long, forcing throws into coverage, launching passes over WRs, throwing screens 900 MPH, he's perfect.

Chill out man, I'm even more tired of the internet bullying BS than I am if the Lions losing. There is zero excuse for the name calling internet bullying BS. I'm not opposed to mods banning it at all because it serves no purpose.

You get torqued up because of what you perceive as anti-Lions rhetoric.

Stafford didn't have a great OL when he threw for 5000 yards. He has never had a great OL. His production since they tried to fix him has dropped. I'm not blaming Stafford, I'm blaming coaches for focusing on the wrong thing. They need to fix the OL. See? We agree...yet you blindly lash out for no reason.

It solves nothing. Your contributions are good, IMO...but the bullying is tiresome and old. It is ok to allow others to have a different opinion and simply agree to disagree. The name calling and aggressive attacking is just not acceptable anymore. Not just by you, but everyone. Its time we figure out better ways to communicate, online and in person.

Call it bullying or whatever. I don't give a fuck. This is the way i talk. If you want to crawl up into a ball and stomp your feet like a kid because you think im "picking on" people, then so be it. I'm not changing my ways. I never will. Say something stupid, you're getting called out on it. End of story...

Back