Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Tigers Trade Porcello for Cespedes + trade Suarez for Simple Simon from reds

We're all kidding ourselves if we think Gose is actually going to hit at the bottom of the lineup like he should. Ausmus isnt smart enough to do that, he'll go "ZOMG SPEED" and hit him leadoff because he's a moron. Theres a CHANCE he might do something smart like hit VMart 2nd, but I'm betting he won't. But we have to remember we're talking about the manager who hit Davis at the top vs RHP a lot and who kept hitting Kinsler leadoff despite his abysmal OBP and 2nd half.

Last edited:
It is comical the number of ignorant posters that slot Porcello as a #5 starter. Really, do you even have a metric that defines the differences between a #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5? Because by all sabermetric accounts, Porcello has been a low #3 with last year showing possibilities of a #2. Maybe it is one of those eye test things. He is only 25 after all.

Max
jv
price
anibal
ricky

He was our #5 last year. Boom....mind blown

Last edited:
The slot he pitches in our rotation =/= his talent level. We have a stupid good top of the rotation, relegating Porcello to 4/5 in our rotation when hes at least a #3 talent. On Boston, he's basically their ace because their rotation is shit.

Ricky sucked ass. Decent bounce back season last year....but In your terms were arguing about losing a great #5 pitcher? Really? The only thing ricky has ever been good at is throwing 3 strong innings then getting shelled in the 4th. Over and over and over and over again...

Needed an of...we got one. If were relying on our 5th sp then were already doomed.

Rick being our #5 starter. Please in lighten me what/who other #5 starter won 15 games last season?

We're all kidding ourselves if we think Gose is actually going to hit at the bottom of the lineup like he should. Ausmus isnt smart enough to do that, he'll go "ZOMG SPEED" and hit him leadoff because he's a moron. Theres a CHANCE he might do something smart like hit VMart 2nd, but I'm betting he won't. But we have to remember we're talking about the manager who hit Davis at the top vs RHP a lot and who kept hitting Kinsler leadoff despite his abysmal OBP and 2nd half.

Let Gose be the 4th OF!

He thinks if he pitched as the number 5 guy he must be a number 5 starter. He probably thinks Miggy is the 3rd best position player we have..

The slot he pitches in our rotation =/= his talent level. We have a stupid good top of the rotation, relegating Porcello to 4/5 in our rotation when hes at least a #3 talent. On Boston, he's basically their ace because their rotation is shit.

With a new pitching coach and strong IF defense....I would not be surprised to see Rick improve greatly.

With a new pitching coach and strong IF defense....I would not be surprised to see Rick improve greatly.

Maybe. It all depends on if he can consistently get lefties out. He can be a #2 if he figures that out for good.

So youre bitching about trading a 3 for a corner of and prospects? A 3 we rarely, if ever, use in the postseason.

Using wins to evaluate pitchers is dumb as hell. Simon belongs in the bullpen, I hope we pick up one more decent starter somewhere.

So youre bitching about trading a 3 for a corner of and prospects? A 3 we rarely, if ever, use in the postseason.

For that specific outfielder, yes. I don't like Cespedes, I think he's overrated and Reb has already posted a bunch of stats that show he is. Granted, he's better than what we had, which was fucking nothing, but still.

yes wins mean nothing and are a stupid stat ...besides , i was answering his question as to who else won 15 games besides porcello

For that specific outfielder, yes. I don't like Cespedes, I think he's overrated and Reb has already posted a bunch of stats that show he is. Granted, he's better than what we had, which was fucking nothing, but still.

Reb posted a bunch of stats that said kinsler wasnt any good either.

Back